So about that next version..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So about that next version..?

Can we please get an update on the update? As someone who has paid $2k for hardware and hundreds per year in subscription fees, I find a release per 6 months pretty unsatisfactory (especially when a large ball speed bug is hanging out there).

"It should be out in the coming weeks." Is not really an answer... SkyTrak_Seth what is the latest?

ST and GC2 both have their respective values at their respective price points. However, agree that if ST is gonna charge an annual subscription fee for the range, then there has got to be frequent updates or else they're overcharging customers for annual subscriptions. Always felt the range (and probably WGT too since there has been zero updates there since launch) should be free and maybe charge $100/year to use ST on other sims.

Comment

Seriously though, is there a single dev working for ST or something? How the heck else could this release be missed by an entire quarter?

Comment

SkyTrak has been quiet for a while...

Comment

htdumps Sim golf witness protection program. That’s where I’m going after the crushing defeat to HTDumps

Comment

Doesn't bother me anymore now that I found out about Boost in TGC 2019. I had a member create my home course using Lidar and with a driver boost of 5%, I'm hitting the same irons into greens on the game that I hit in real life.

Comment

• Morini
              Morini commented
              Editing a comment
              The lidar maps are a game changer. My kids play competitive tournament golf, and it would be great to do "practice rounds" on tournament courses. If anyone has an xbox one, TGC19 is free with gold right now.

ive never seen skytrak so quiet since ive been on this forum... either something big is coming, or they are out of business lol

Comment

Originally posted by frankiepap39 View Post
              ive never seen skytrak so quiet since ive been on this forum... either something big is coming, or they are out of business lol
              They’re not going out of business, judging by the crazy number of signups on my fb group the last few months.
              - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• frankiepap39
                frankiepap39 commented
                Editing a comment
                haha yeah i know.... has to be something massive coming.

I know we can boost in tgc, but my concern with the skytrak is greater than just distance. If ball speed isn’t accurate for folks with 160+ actual ball speed, are we sure that launch and spin are accurate for those shots? Is the shot just going shorter or is it completely bogus data? The lack of response is making me lean toward completely bogus data.

Comment

I think the question is: do you trust the numbers?

I just did a session with my 7 iron, 63 shots, no bad shots deleted: average carry 188 yards, avg total 203. Longest distance: carry 213, total 238yards.
                Normal yardage with my 7 is about 185yards total.

Do I trust these numbers: not really, they are way too long. I just hope Skytrak gives me an accurate ball flight at least.
                Like I said before I will do a side by side comparison with an indoor Trackman one of these days. Hopefully I will learn if Skytrak is somewhat reliable or if it's a guessing machine.
                Perhaps a bit harsh...

Comment

Wow! I had it for 3 years and it was spot on for my irons. Take it outdoors shade it and hit some shots then report back. I can't wait to hear your results.

Comment

I wouldn't pay attention to total yardage with irons, I get like 30 yards of roll in the Skytrak app. Your average carry is nearly spot on to what you hit in real life.

Comment

The Uneekor has to be the reason ST has gone quiet. After seeing Gene's review it's clear the sim landscape in the US has just shifted, and if ST waits another year to release new hardware they will be in a tough spot. The plans for whatever they have coming next have been rocked.

Comment

• dborden0
                        dborden0 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree. I think their subscription model for income is in trouble, especially if they under deliver on software updates. It won't be long until other providers get into their market price point. Hopefully they are coming out with something cool, and they don't screw all of their original customers in the process. I would like to see them be successful.
                        Last edited by dborden0; 05-27-2019, 03:30 AM. Reason: Typo

FWIW, in the real world I use some expensive architectural software on a near daily basis. It’s about 3k US to purchase. It has an annual subscription of about $400. I grunt every year but they really do an excellent job of constantly upgrading the software and improving the product. In my mind I’m ok with the payment to see the improvement and the increase in productivity. For the small charge that ST costs per year, as a new owner, I fell it’s worth giving them a shot to move forward.
                      Time will tell but I’m loving my practice time more than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by OttawaP View Post
                        FWIW, in the real world I use some expensive architectural software on a near daily basis. It’s about 3k US to purchase. It has an annual subscription of about $400. I grunt every year but they really do an excellent job of constantly upgrading the software and improving the product. In my mind I’m ok with the payment to see the improvement and the increase in productivity. For the small charge that ST costs per year, as a new owner, I fell it’s worth giving them a shot to move forward.
                        Time will tell but I’m loving my practice time more than ever.
                        I agree. Companies prefer annual subscription plans because it allows them to more easily project revenue over the next 2-3 years. If they were to not offer subscriptions we would all be paying the same amount every three years regardless, and we would have to deal with "major" upgrades and new software versions that need to purchased outright (think SkyTrak Range Software 2020). Paying for an annual subscription allows us as users to enjoy periodic updates and a consistent experience, while giving vendor financial stability.

I'm excited to see what is cooking at SkyTrak HQ. The Uneekor isn't a new product as it's been in the Korean market for a while (I think it's been a while). Their release into the US market was a language translation exercise for tech that might already be proven. ST needs to move quickly to retain market leadership in low to mid-level space.

Comment

My subscription is running out and I’m not giving them another penny until they answer questions about the future. They are operating like a dead company.

Comment

Working...
                          X