Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Chris Stevens (NET) and @allen2be (GROSS) winning the TGC 2019 SPRING TOUR - Masters Tournament !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - RBC Heritage with 2 rounds at Harbour Town ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-rbc-heritage
See more
See less

New Skytrack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skytrack

Good Morning

I am doing a Skytrack room in my home office my room size is 13 ft wide 9.8 ft high 15 ft long .

This is my first time ever trying to do any type of build so I want to try and get it right the first time ,I would like your recommendation on what projector and what PC will be the very best for my set up .

This is the screen I will be using . (4:3) 12 X 9 x 5 Ft Golf Enclosure, Low-Profile Bay with Carl's Commercial-Grade Premium Impact Screen * PM

My hitting mat will be Country Club 5 x5

My plan is to floor mount the short throw projector in a protective case .Im thinking floor mount beacause of my ceiling height ,but am open to a
    ceiling
    mount if that would be better

What would be the best projector for my set up? I want the image to fill the full screen ,and would like extra lumens , I do not mind spending a little extra now ,than be replacing the projector next year because I don't like the image quality . Brand and model please I am not very good with electronics

Do you think I will be able to hit center of will I be offset ,I am a right handed

What PC would you recommend that exceeds Skytracks requirments the PC will only be used for the simulator room.I will also be having TGC .Name and model please of something you have used and has worked great ,I am not interested in building a PC I would just like to buy off the shelf ,that I could use for years before needing an upgrade.

Is there anything else that I will be needing that you can think of ? I am out of the country and will bringing everything from the states ,I do not want to forget anything

Warm Regards

RM

I went with this (SuperBay since you have the dimensions to accommodate) and you can get everything you need to complete your sim. It's a bit pricey but compared to professional systems, much cheaper. http://www.allsportsystems.com/golf-simulator-setup.php

Comment

Thank You Dan

I purchased the so that is done .

still trying to figure out the PC and Projector , I have paid the 150US consultation fee at Par2Pro with Shane ,so I will be hearing his recommendations soon.

Regards
      RM

Comment

Originally posted by Ruben martinez View Post
        Thank You Dan

I purchased the so that is done .

still trying to figure out the PC and Projector , I have paid the 150US consultation fee at Par2Pro with Shane ,so I will be hearing his recommendations soon.

Regards
        RM
        My apologies, it wasn't clear you had already made that commitment. If it's any consolation, I purchased my own projector and gaming laptop and I'm very happy with both. PM me if you want the details.

Comment

Thank You Dan,

I will post Shanes recommendations on the PC and projector , as soon as he gets back to me ,hopefully I can get some opinions ,and I am sure I will be having a lot more questions ,also please comment on anything I might be missing for my build ,this forum is great.

Regards
          RM

Comment

Good Morning , my hitting mat wil be CCE 5x5 ,what are you guys using under that carpet ect ? I want to carpet the sim room ,

thank you

RM

Comment

Hello ,

Shane, at Par2Pro is recommending I go with the Panasonic PT VX610U projector ,I will have 15 feet of space wall to screen will this work ? I want to fill the full screen ,also he is
              recommending
              ceiling mount .

Screen will be (4:3) 12 X 9 x 5 Ft Golf Enclosure, Low-Profile Bay with Carl's Commercial-Grade Premium Impact Screen * PM

Toughts ?

Regards
              Ruben

Comment

That mat is gonna punish you, get a fiberbuilt. Also you are not going to fill that big screen, your room is not deep enough

Comment

• Sledge0001
                  Sledge0001 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've used my CCE mat for quite sometime without any issues and love it. Definitely not punishing in my opinion.

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In due time young grasshopper you will understand what the masses say about cce. A well struck iron outdoors feels very little resistance from taking a divot. CCE is the furthest from that and after hitting 1000s of shots something has to give and it won't be your cce mat brother. The warning has been given.

• jswat20
                  jswat20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @sledge0001: I've been using the CCE for awhile now and haven't had any of the issues that some of the forum members mentioned, I agree with you.

@Wizard of Coz: My only thought/question there would be that maybe some of the users that were originally using the CCE mat may play with a steep attack angle at impact?

I can only speak about myself and I'm fairly certain that my attack angle is on the flatter side so maybe that's where the difference lies between those that are experiencing vs. those that have? Thoughts?

That said, if you do hit one fat, your implication is correct, the CCE will for sure let you and your body know, so I could see where it could cause physical issues if done too often/repetitively.

Hello thanks for the reply ,as for the
                CCE I have already purchased it so ,I will see thanks for the heads up.

So you do not think that projector will fill my screen , what recommendation would you have on one that will fill the screen and give me 5000 plus lumens ??

Please comment as that is the missing link at the moment .

Regards

Ruben

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It will make for a great stance mat for your fiberbuilt someday.

• calebm1001
                  calebm1001 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Coz - I’ve seen you say this a few times, but I didn’t see anything on the fiberbuilt website that was just a strip of hitting turf. Besides the $99 flight deck, is there a strip that they sell outside of their website? Not sure how else you could use the CCE as a stance mat since they seem to just sell full 4x7 or larger mats.

Would love a strip of it as my lower back is starting to hurt if I play more than 18 in a sitting.

• Morini
                  Morini commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, stancemat with fiberbuilt insert. I got the flight deck, but I believe you can custom order rectangular inserts without too much trouble.

Hello ,

Shane, at Par2Pro is recommending I go with the Panasonic PT VX610U projector ,I will have 15 feet of space wall to screen will this work ? I want to fill the full screen ,also he is
                recommending
                ceiling mount .

Screen will be (4:3) 12 X 9 x 5 Ft Golf Enclosure, Low-Profile Bay with Carl's Commercial-Grade Premium Impact Screen * PM

Toughts ?

Regards
                Ruben
                I have the Optima GT1080Darbee short throw gaming projector. I have a tight space depth-wise as well and this short throw almost fills the screen but not entirely. My projector is approx 6.5' from the screen projecting at 4:3. If I was able to put the projector back more, it would fill the screen I'm sure. My projector is mounted on the top of my enclosure with a special rail system that extends the projector back.

I looked up that Panasonic you were recommended to get, it wasn't clear to me if it was a short throw or not.

Comment

Hello Dan ,

Shane at Par2Pro is recommending the Panasonic , I might go with that one and mount it 14 ft. back I tried using the Calculator at projecter central and I could still not figure out if that was the correct projector for me , also he recommended the
                  BenQ TH671st
                  but that one is only 3000 lumens ,the Panasonic is 5500 .

The BenQ would be closer to the hitting area and that worries me .

I would like to be sure before buying that my screen will be full.

This picking the projector part seems like the most difficult part of this whole process .

Regards

Ruben

Comment

Hello Dan ,

Shane at Par2Pro is recommending the Panasonic , I might go with that one and mount it 14 ft. back I tried using the Calculator at projecter central and I could still not figure out if that was the correct projector for me , also he recommended the
                    BenQ TH671st
                    but that one is only 3000 lumens ,the Panasonic is 5500 .

The BenQ would be closer to the hitting area and that worries me .

I would like to be sure before buying that my screen will be full.

This picking the projector part seems like the most difficult part of this whole process .

Regards

Ruben
                    Makes sense, good luck

Comment

Opinions on this for my PC
                      enough for skytrack and TGC2019

What would you change ??
                      Windows 10

I7 Quad Core Processor

Nvidia GTX 1070 graphic card

16 GB of RAM

1 TB hard drive
                      Warm Regards
                      Ruben

Comment

Going with the Panasonic PT-VZ580U ,
                        Thanks for the help,will post pics when done . Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	201656

Comment

• Stingreye
                          Stingreye commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have the Panasonic, love it. Upgraded form Benq 1085st

Are you mounting that projector to the side on the ceiling. Will your image/shadow be projecting on to the screen. I’m not sure you’re going to be able to fill a 12’ wide screen

Comment

Working...
                        X