TGC 2019 Suddenly Stopped Reading Shots

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dan King
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2018
    • 166

    #1

    TGC 2019 Suddenly Stopped Reading Shots

    Hey folks, have you ever been in the middle or end of a round and all of a sudden ST stops reading your shots? Had that happen yesterday.

    I was on the 17th hole at TPC River Highlands (PGA Travelers tourney course) and the ST stop reading my shots. I must have hit 7 of the same approach shots (read my tee shot ok) and nothing would read. The ST in general has been close to flawless in reading all my shots since getting it this past April. When I quit out of TGC and went back to the ST range, it was registering my shots with no problem. I imagine if I had turned the ST box off then back on during my round on the 17th hole, my TGC round would not have been able to resume. Or is there a way to reset the ST so to speak and TGC2019 will connect back up if this happens again?

    Any ideas?
  • IowaCat89
    Advanced Member
    • Jan 2019
    • 255

    #2
    Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and sort the results for CPU usage. If there are some MicroSoft services running, that could be the source of your issue. They can start without your knowledge and interfere with the transfer of data from the SkyTrak to your computer. The last few posts in this thread discuss it. https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-missing-shots

    Comment

    • Dan King
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2018
      • 166

      #3
      Originally posted by IowaCat89 View Post
      Hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and sort the results for CPU usage. If there are some MicroSoft services running, that could be the source of your issue. They can start without your knowledge and interfere with the transfer of data from the SkyTrak to your computer. The last few posts in this thread discuss it. https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-missing-shots
      Will do, thanks for the suggestion. On another note, how do I stop those annoying "SkyTrak in Normal Mode" popups etc? During the round, I keep getting these popups and have no idea how they got started in the first place.

      Comment

      • IowaCat89
        Advanced Member
        • Jan 2019
        • 255

        #4
        I don't think I've seen the popups, or maybe I just didn't notice? I will keep an eye out for them.

        Comment

        • cmckelvmi
          Advanced Member
          • Dec 2017
          • 474

          #5
          I get them too and they're annoying! SkyTrak in putting mode, SkyTrak in normal mode...Sometimes it covers up the distance as you're trying to see how far your shot goes.

          Comment

          • Dan King
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2018
            • 166

            #6
            Originally posted by cmckelvmi View Post
            I get them too and they're annoying! SkyTrak in putting mode, SkyTrak in normal mode...Sometimes it covers up the distance as you're trying to see how far your shot goes.
            Exactly! There has to be away of stopping those popups. You can't kill the sound otherwise you don't get any of the sound effects from the game.

            Comment

            • scottmizo
              Junior Member
              • May 2017
              • 19

              #7
              I think these are app notifications in Windows. You can turn them off by going to Windows Settings > Notifications & Actions

              Comment

              • Dan King
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2018
                • 166

                #8
                Happened again, ST stopped reading hits while playing a round. I checked to see if anything else is running and nothing stuck out. I use this laptop strictly for ST/TGC so I'm not surprised nothing else is running in the background. Should I call ProTee or is this a ST problem? The most aggravating part is you have to quit out of TGC2019 and you can't save where you left off as far as I know.

                Comment

                • PROTEE UK
                  ProTee Distributor
                  • Oct 2017
                  • 220

                  #9
                  I have heard of this but only with Skytrack, maybe try them first and see what they say

                  Comment

                  • Dan King
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2018
                    • 166

                    #10
                    That was my thought too. Good news is I found out I can resume my round in TGC2019.

                    Comment

                    • Jtangm04
                      Super Member
                      • Oct 2016
                      • 569

                      #11
                      Weird quirk with my computer is during TGC 2019 society games, shots will not read until I hit any number key that picks a club... mainly happens off tee shots and a few bunker shots. I hear a windows chime in the background and see the skytrak red light reset itself to off/on and then I'm good to go.

                      Can't tell you how many times I hit a drive I feel I crushed down the middle and realize it didn't register b/c I forgot to press the "~" key first. There have been many swear words uttered due to this issue.

                      Weird thing is if I play a regular single player game, this issue doesn't arise... only in society game mode. Anyone else encountered this?

                      I have a skytrak, windows 10 premium edition, Vega 56 card, and steamlink to my garage projector... Again I thought it is something withmy unique setup but now wondering if other skytrak users have this same bug.
                      My courses:
                      Aldeen
                      Butler National
                      Cantigny
                      Canyata
                      Cog Hill #4
                      Harbor Shores
                      Harborside
                      Naperville Country Club
                      Prairie Landing
                      Rich Harvest Farms
                      Ruffled Feathers
                      Shoreacres

                      Comment

                      • Trickle007
                        Advanced Member
                        • Feb 2018
                        • 263

                        #12
                        Skytrak is not reading shots cause it is stuck in putter mode. Next time it does not read try changing clubs by hitting a number on keyboard this will make skytrak go in to Normal Mode. This happens to me all the time. Like you, at first when this happened to me I thought my ST was broke, but it is just a bug, ST gets stuck in putter mode therefore wont read shots. This bug does not happen all the time and I have only noticed this happen when playing in society events sometimes.

                        Comment

                        • ProTee Max
                          Manufacturer
                          • Jul 2018
                          • 809

                          #13
                          There was a bug in the societies with SkyTrak where the unit would stay in putting mode. But this was fixed in version 4.0.4. Please check which version of TGC2019 you currently have.

                          Comment


                          • frodaddy00
                            frodaddy00 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh my gosh I wish I would read the release notes sooner for patches.. this bug was making my blood boil a couple of days ago (still on 4.0.2).. just upgraded new machine to 4.0.6 so hopefully this is gone for good!
                        • Dan King
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2018
                          • 166

                          #14
                          I haven't played in society mode in TGC2019 yet but I know for a fact selecting a club has nothing to do with the ST getting 'stuck' when in single player mode. It's happened to me twice and both times it was after I hit my tee shot and was ready to hit my approach shot. Two different courses too. I have to quit out TGC and go back in and "continue" the round.

                          Comment

                          • ltroilo@yahoo.com
                            Junior Member
                            • Apr 2019
                            • 27

                            #15
                            How do you update TGC?

                            Comment


                            • ProTee Max
                              ProTee Max commented
                              Editing a comment
                              simply rerun the tgc(st)setup.exe you downloaded , or redownload it : download.protee-united.com/tgc/tgcsetup.exe
                          Working...