Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @cooke23 winning the TGC 2017 Summer Tour - Wyndham Championship !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Summer Tour - The Northern Trust with 2 rounds at Chambers Bay ProTee Blue Tees by Theclv24 : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...northern-trust
See more
See less

SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak Launch Monitor

http://www.skytrakgolf.com/

iPad app:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/com....876548058?mt=8
    Last edited by Vance; 09-27-2014, 03:29 PM.

Sweet, can you give any hint as to the price range?

Comment

Less than 1/4 of the GC2.

Comment

So about 1500? More than I wanted but way better than GC2.

Comment

No. It was supposed to be a ball park range. I feel the official announcement is near so everybody will be blown away soon enough. Hehehe

Comment

I'm ready to buy it today. I just need protee 2.0 a computer and this launch monitor. Will be building the rest next week, sitting on the floor ready to be installed. Would you suggest painting walls and ceiling a dark color?

Comment

Yes, definitely use dark colors. Perhaps start a post in the simulator builds section so others can comment on your build?

Comment

Will do.

Comment

The Skytrak website is terrific and the product looks amazing. To be able to bring it to the range and use it in my house/garage is an amazing benefit. I can't wait to buy one of these things.

EDIT: I just hope I'll be able to afford it!

Comment

Agreed, nice website. Z, have you actually been beta testing this LM? If so, how is the accuracy? I assume it is battery powered with rechargeable batteries?

I will be glad to be rid of the camera hassle. I assume I will still use my putting sensor? If that is the case I will still need to hook up my main sensor pad ? Will the main sensor pad be of any other use than powering my putting sensor ? I assume you don't use the main sensor for any data?

Sorry for all the questions, have not paid to much attention to the LM's due to cost.

Comment

Bubba22 and I have been testing the Skytrak for a while now. Can't say specifics yet just that it's accurate. It uses an internal lithium rechargeable battery.

Earlier this year, I requested Protee modify the putting sensor so it could be used independently.

Comment

Hopefully we will soon be able to give a full review. Still testing software updates.

Comment

I'm not sure I understand how the Protee 'software' is going to work as an intermediary between TheGolfClub game and the Skytrak launch monitor. In this scenario, what does the Protee software add to the scenario?

I guess I understand the hardware benefit of a dedicated putting sensor but what is Protee bringing to the table?

Comment

Just to be clear, SporTrak has yet to announce what simulation software or any other hardware the SkyTrak will intergrate with. Still waiting for things to be ironed out it seems. The LM itself is a go.

Having said that, the ProTee 2.0 simulation software itself is not required for any box to work with TGC. But the various Protee interface/SDK software are needed to translate data to TGC.

Comment

Why wait? Start playing TODAY!
                              Does it do putting natively as well as the GC2??

Also what's up with the weird review of the app in the App Store? He says he bought a Skytrak but that it's much too slow. It's not even for sale yet, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X