This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak Launch Monitor

Discover SkyTrak™: The top home golf simulator and professional-grade launch monitor. Experience unmatched accuracy, reliability, and value for money. Shop now at the SkyTrak™ Online Store.

iPad app:

‎SkyTrak is the companion app to the SkyTrak Launch Monitor.
    Last edited by Maverick; 09-27-2014, 03:29 PM.

• Interesting theory. I had to send back my original unit because of charging issues and received a new one yesterday. I'll try to connect only via network mode and see if this one is successful before I revert to direct mode.

Comment

• I personally don't like the delay. On the range it's a non issue because you hit your ball. Watch it fly. Then you can look at the ST to see the result. On the sim with E6 it's about 4 seconds or more depending on the shot. Of course I am used to seeing it immediately fly with ProTee. Once you have that, 4 seconds is long. But for the price ST is great.

Comment

• i used direct mode at the range on 3/4 and I just looked and none of the shots were recorded from that day. When i used it again at home with network mode, the shots have since been recording again. So for me, it looks like i just lose any shots that were done via direct, but it doesn't kill it altogether.
        Originally posted by TripAces View Post

You must be using only Network Mode to record your shots. Can you confirm that you have never used Direct Mode, which we (Tekbud and I) believe kills all syncing?

Comment

• Guys correct me if I'm wrong but if you are in direct mode then you are creating a wireless network between your iPad and the skytrak. There is no internet connectivity here so being able to sync with an online account is not possible.

Now if the data collected on the iPad can be sent up later when reconnected to the Internet that may be a way to complete the sync. But, unless the skytrak either can store data for a later upload or we install an activated SIM card directly into the skytrak, direct connect will never be able to sync to an online server. I could be wrong here but that is just the way I'm understanding your issues.
          Last edited by Smacc; 04-03-2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubba22 View Post
            I personally don't like the delay. On the range it's a non issue because you hit your ball. Watch it fly. Then you can look at the ST to see the result. On the sim with E6 it's about 4 seconds or more depending on the shot. Of course I am used to seeing it immediately fly with ProTee. Once you have that, 4 seconds is long. But for the price ST is great.

The thing that is annoying about the 4 seconds is that it can easily be alleviated if the software was on better hardware, now before anyone attacks me I am not saying I know everything because I don't but I follow technology closely and am a software engineer but basically it confuses me why they released this software for a tablet OS only, if it had to be a tablet I like that they chose iOS since I prefer that (I am not saying it is better or worse than Android or any other mobile OS) but I have a very high spec PC and Mac, and at the end of the day I know that both of those would be able to run with a second delay if not even faster, and even people with lower spec machines would still have better results than a tablet. The thing is that one I had to buy an iPad and honestly I have returned one of them already because I really don't want to keep it and wanted to try out the Mini instead, but in 3 weeks I will probably return it again and not be able to use my SkyTrak until it's released on another OS. I really like the SkyTrak and glad I bought it, but the limitation of iPad really sucks but I understand that this product still is really in beta and I knew that when I bought it so I'm not regretting anything. Plus another thing is that these long approvals by Apple would not happen if they just had it on PC and could just release an update whenever they wanted and even beta versions for people to test.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smacc View Post
              Guys correct me if I'm wrong but if you are in direct mode then you are creating a wireless network between your iPad and the skytrak. There is no internet connectivity here so being able to sync with an online account is not possible.

Now if the data collected on the iPad can be sent up later when reconnected to the Internet that may be a way to complete the sync. But, unless the skytrak either can store data for a later upload or we install an activated SIM card directly into the skytrak, direct connect will never be able to sync to an online server. I could be wrong here but that is just the way I'm understanding your issues.
              According to Seth, after a Direct Mode session, as soon as the SkyTrak app is opened, after the iPad is wifi connected to the internet, all the Direct Mode shot history is supposed to sync within 30 seconds or so. Oddly, I recall a warning, when initially connecting via Direct Mode, that no shot data would be saved. Seth said to ignore that warning, as it didn't really mean what it said. Now, it appears that it did really mean that!

Comment

• Originally posted by wbond View Post
                i used direct mode at the range on 3/4 and I just looked and none of the shots were recorded from that day. When i used it again at home with network mode, the shots have since been recording again. So for me, it looks like i just lose any shots that were done via direct, but it doesn't kill it altogether.
                Thanks for the clarification. That helps a lot! So, even you, who are reporting successful syncing, cannot get your Direct Mode shots to sync! Good news is that it also didn't prevent successful syncing from Network Mode thereafter! So we can experiment with switching between them, without breaking anything!
                Anyone else have a similar experience or able to verify the Direct Mode shots cannot be synced?

Wbond, are your March 4th Direct Mode shots still displayed correctly in full on your iPad under History under your Profile?
                Do your Network Mode shots display correctly on the iPad after the Session has ended, under Session History?
                Any differences you can see there? Obviously, if the Direct Mode shots are never saved (my theory), nothing exists to sync later.

Comment

• I just went into the history and it doesnt show usage for 3/4. It shows subsequent dates, but there aren't any shots on any of the dates and it only shows 1 club as being used. Also, the session duration is no where near correct. The history appears to have the dates that is was used, but nothing else in there makes any sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by wbond View Post
                    I just went into the history and it doesnt show usage for 3/4. It shows subsequent dates, but there aren't any shots on any of the dates and it only shows 1 club as being used. Also, the session duration is no where near correct. The history appears to have the dates that is was used, but nothing else in there makes any sense.
                    Same here. Single club, no data, 5 day long sessions listed under each of the three listed, of the many Direct Mode range sessions
                    I have logged, since early December. All 2014 history data got completely wiped out with the 1.8 Update. 1.7 was the last version to display shot data after ending a Direct Mode session at the range, even though only one aggregate session was created from many sessions at the range, and all shots were listed as Driver, and each new session appended itself to the original session of the day, messing up all the average totals.

Comment

• So, to help troubleshoot the failure of Direct Mode to sync, has anyone ever been able to sync a Direct Mode session? Is anyone, after using Direct Mode, and ending the current session, able to view a Session History detail of the Direct Mode session on the iPad in the app?

Comment

• I'll read all the posts on the syncing/network mode and respond tomorrow. Just wanted to pop in very quickly and say that v1.8.5 is available in the App Store. Happy Easter!!

Comment

• Fantastic. What's new in this version?

Comment

• Great! Thanks Seth. Still pulling my hair out over this network mode and synching.

Comment

• In my short session the ball flight sim is smooth (for sure better than last version) and the numbers seem more accurate on the roll out. Not sure about carry will get a larger sample size.

Comment

• Thanks Seth. I can't wait to use tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X