Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @simmb (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - Northern Trust !

Join this weeks TGC1 2020 SUMMER TOUR - BMW Championship with 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Blue): https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...w-championship
See more
See less

Fiberbuilt Tee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberbuilt Tee

Hi folks. This has probably already been discussed but I'm pulling the trigger on a FB 5X4 mat and was wondering if the FB adjustable tees work well. 1. Will this tee have any adverse impact on the ST's ability to read shots and 2. can the tee adjust high enough to tee the ball up as with a regular 3 1/4" tee (I tee my ball up pretty high for drives)?

Here's the tee I was interested in and I would be placing it on top of the mat, not in the mat holes from underneath. Any suggestions are appreciated. Tees — Fiberbuilt Golf.pdf

I have no issues with it with my ST. I actually have the laser illuminate the ferrule that holds in the adjustable tee and its been just fine. The only thing I would say is that its not quite adjustable as high as I would like for driver, but that could be a "me" thing and not a fault on FB.

Comment

I found that I had to make sure the SkyTrak was precisely placed so the tee'd ball could be read along with nearby balls that weren't tee'd up. However, once I found a good location to keep the ST I would end up breaking the tee. I ended up settling on Tomahawk tees and they have worked very well without any breakage. I also figured out a lazy man's answer to not having to chase the tees all over the place. I tied a string from the tee to the fiberbuilt mat, works great!

Comment

I have the FB flighdeck, but I assume it is the same adjustable tee. It works great. I struggled to find a solution with my old mat,

Comment

I've never tried putting it on top of the turf. Presumably it would work since a Tomahawk/Birtee works and it should be plenty high enough for you since it's high enough for me set into the mat. If you teed it up lower I would worry about the minimum height being too high, but if you tee it high I would think you would be fine. I use mine set into the mat when I'm just working on the driver and it works great. I have far fewer misreads with it than when I'm using different tee systems.

Comment

I ordered mine without the tees or tee holes (you have to ask). And use tomahawk tees.

Comment

Originally posted by prairie boy View Post
              I ordered mine without the tees or tee holes (you have to ask). And use tomahawk tees.
              You're saying you can order the FB mat without the tee holes?

Comment

Yes, you can specify you'd like the mat without tee holes. The Tomahawk or BirdTees work well (in my case the blue BirdTees have worked flawlessly).

Comment

Originally posted by chicub15 View Post
                  Yes, you can specify you'd like the mat without tee holes. The Tomahawk or BirdTees work well (in my case the blue BirdTees have worked flawlessly).
                  Cool, thank you.

Comment

I am using a 1X3 foot strip with a FB factory tee with my SkyTrak.
                    It works pretty well and gives plenty of height range but everyone is different.

Comment

Working...
                    X