SkyTrak vs MEVO+ vs UNEEKOR QED - PUTTING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak vs MEVO+ vs UNEEKOR QED - PUTTING

Skytrak vs Flightscope Mevo Plus vs Uneekor QED - Golf Simulator Putting Review using E6 Connect golf simulator software. In this video I take the popular g...

What do you think? Thanks for watching!
    Last edited by a98cr125; 05-22-2020, 06:23 PM.

Don't forget the link.

Comment

Comment

It sounds as if you assume the proper way to align Skytrak is to be super super exact on having it parallel to the target line. Just to clarify that is not the case. It is a quirk of Skytrak, but you can't rely on edge of unit being aligned parallel to target line, as the internals aren't always perfectly aligned. Some units are perfectly aligned, but many are not. Not a big deal, all skytrak users have to do is to aim at a target, such as a hanging string. Then tweak skytrak alignment until straight shots read straight. It sounds like a pain, but really isn't and only takes a minute or two. If it is permanent unit, it can stay there. If it is moved, most users just mark the perfect alignment placement with a marker or tape, or nail down a piece of wood or similar as guide. Mine is pretty close to parallel, and I just eyeball, and it is near perfect every time.
      Last edited by Morini; 05-22-2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Morini
        Morini commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is a known weakness. Skytraks official tolerance is +- 2 degrees. It is not clear if this is average error, standard deviation, 95% confidence interval. But is quite large. Having said that, if it is aligned to the string, and I hit it, HLA will be close 90% of the time. From 8 feet, it only takes 1% offline to miss a 1/8 inch string.

I don't think setup has much impact on accuracy in general, but for HLA I suspect that having low contrast and clean balls really help.The GC2 uses much better imagers, and takes way more pictures. Its HLA is much better, but far from perfect. This study had GC2 HLA median error at 1.6 degrees for 7 iron. https://www.researchgate.net/profile...h-monitors.pdf
        Last edited by Morini; 05-22-2020, 10:27 PM.

• Morini
        Morini commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, and Gresh12, you mean that the ball flight model overreads spin, right? Not the measured spin axis. There is a poster in one of the facebook groups who says that it is a known fact that skytrak only reads half of actual spin. I can't corroborate that.

• Gresh12
        Gresh12 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s hard to differentiate on the spin measurement vs flight model but to me it over exaggerates both. I think it picks up some axis that feel too much then the flight model takes it even further. If Uneekor is close then my feeling is similar in that all of the shots Jay had more spin read by SkyTrak than Uneekor.

My biggest problem with my SkyTrak was tight space on the right side of hitting area. I was playing a big draw back then so really struggled to start it far enough right to allow for SkyTrak range to hit targets (TGC I could move aim cursor).

If I was able to hit draws on my SkyTrak I’d walk out to the course and hit it dead straight. So I’m some respects it made me focus on neutralizing myself which has helped my golf game.

Great video!.....Seems that the Mevo + has some challenges with putting.... Skytrak's speed differed from the Uneekor ..+/- 0.4 mph I would guess that the Uneekor is more accurate for speed..... I might be wrong. Here is a good test for uneekor users .....Take a putt about 5 feet in distance. Now, take another putt.....shorter putts should read less speed and longer putts should have an increase. This is a great test to check the tolerances for speed. It is great that you are able to test 3 systems on the same ball.

Comment

The other thing to consider is that Skytrak is viewing from the side while the others are viewing from behind. This could account for a lack of accuracy on puts. Would love to see the next generation Skytrak view from behind as does Uneekor. This would also eliminate what I refer to as Shanxiety.

Comment

Working...
        X