Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official v3.4.2 SkyTrak App Release

Hi all,

I hope everyone is well during these interesting times. Not a super exciting release by any means, but did take care of some bugs and behind the scenes issues based on your feedback.

v3.4.2 Release Notes:

- Bag Management – Allowed for reordering clubs along bottom row
    - Bag Management – Fixed duplicate club bug
    - Bag Management - Fixed bug where editing clubs on bottom row changes all club names
    - Bag Stats – Improved load time on Bag Stats
    - Bag Stats - Fixed bug where Bag Stats only show in Yards
    - Shot History – Limited amount of activities/shots that are pulled down to local storage during sync. All shots will remain in SkyGolf 360
    - Units of Measurement – If set To Meters, distance to pin will now display in Meters
    - Profile Selector – Fixed bug where sometimes selecting a Profile is slow or unresponsive
    - Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements

Discover SkyTrak™: The top home golf simulator and professional-grade launch monitor. Experience unmatched accuracy, reliability, and value for money. Shop now at the SkyTrak™ Online Store.

Should be live for Apple and Google momentarily.

Minor, but it is still really annoying that with every software update, the user credentials are lost and you have to enter your login/password again.

Comment

Yeah, I totally get that. Let me see if there is a way around it. If we can find a way, I will certainly make that change.

Comment

• dborden0
        dborden0 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Appreciate it!

Hi Seth-
      I downloaded the new version to iPad and everything worked well except for closest to the pin. After hitting my first shot (single player mode, 6 shots, top score), on the second shot the Skytrak unit would either show bottom two green top red or red, yellow green, and the app on the iPad would freeze. This repeated about 3-4 times where I would restart closest to the pin, hit one shot (where it would read), and then after hitting my second shot the app would seem to lose connection with the Skytrak or freeze.

any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
        SkyTrak_Seth commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me see if I can replicate that. But to me, it sounds like a network issue. Have you narrowed it down to only Closest to Pin challenge? How about Long Drive or Target?

• Patent Mac
        Patent Mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Seth- I've been unable to duplicate the issue in Long Drive or Target. Also, I haven't had the issue occur since I posted about it. Thanks for the quick reply though!

Has the Android update processed through their app store yet or is it only in a beta release there?

Comment

Android went out earlier today. There was a delay with getting it live. Hopefully all should be good now.

Comment

• DS12
          DS12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Seth

Hi,

I will try this new one but I had to downgrade the last update. I have a facility with 3 skytrak and last update was freezing like hell in USB mode (every 3-4 shots, have to wait 20-30 sec before laser show up again). I tried everything (switch Skytrak, switch computer etc ...) and it was the update for sure. Hope this new one will work in USB mode.

Thank you for coming back here Seth :-)

Comment

Good to be back! I can't see how the update could have affected the connectivity...but I would try deleting your local cache because it could be corrupted. Go to C:/Users/[current user]/App Data/Local Low and delete the SkyTrak folder in there. It will rebuild itself once you open the app again. We use USB mode a lot at the office in testing and haven't noticed any issues.

Comment

Update now only reads every other shot. Very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidmcc View Post
              Update now only reads every other shot. Very annoying.
              What platform (PC/iOS/Android) and device are you using? Does the unit trigger on every shot and just doesn't fly the ball every other, or unit fails to trigger every other?

Comment

I am in ios using a 2019 iPad pro. The skytrak only triggers/reads about half of the shots - as in it stays green and misses the club head - no trigger - after the upgrade. I only used it with driver off a tee - but I did move the unit around a bunch to get the red dot in various positions - swapped tees out - and turned it on and off twice,

Comment

Originally posted by Davidmcc View Post
                  I am in ios using a 2019 iPad pro. The skytrak only triggers/reads about half of the shots - as in it stays green and misses the club head - no trigger - after the upgrade. I only used it with driver off a tee - but I did move the unit around a bunch to get the red dot in various positions - swapped tees out - and turned it on and off twice,
                  That's concerning if the lights stay green and dot doesn't go out for half your shots. Your IR laser curtain may be weak/bad. Try it in LH mode (hit over the case if necessary) to see if that side picks up shots each time... if so, it further supports the hypothesis that the RH IR laser curtain is the problem.

The software update should have nothing to do with that problem... so it's probably coincidental.
                  - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. To me it sounds like you may have a failing laser curtain. How long have you had the unit? I would contact support and explain the situation - they should be able to get you sorted fairly quickly.

Comment

Just wanted to say this version still runs slow on a PC. It can take up to 30 seconds after a shot before the numbers pop up and it's ready for next shot.

Comment

Originally posted by dandjgolf View Post
                        Just wanted to say this version still runs slow on a PC. It can take up to 30 seconds after a shot before the numbers pop up and it's ready for next shot.
                        It is absolutely true !!! Slower and I add that the data numbers on the right are significantly smaller than those on the left ...

Bye
                        Speed MAster

Comment

Are you guys in Network mode? Have you given all your data enough time to sync right after the update was installed?

Speed Master Also, can you send me a screenshot of what you are talking about with the size of the data numbers??

Comment

Working...
                          X