Skytrak Shipping Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak Shipping Delays

The Flightscope forum has a thread for shipping delays on the Mevo+, so I figured it would make sense to have one for those of us waiting on a Skytrak.

It would be nice if some people who recently received theirs would chime in and state their ordered and received dates etc.

The official Canadian distributor has pushed the date of the next shipment a few times in the last 2 weeks. It used to be Sept 15th, then Sept 25th, Sept 30th, now pushed back to Oct 15th.

My build is almost finished and I am eager to try it. I'm thinking of grabbing an R Motion to just test my setup, and since it has some kind of integration with Skytrak, it wouldn't be a net loss once I receive my unit.

I'm seeing an average of around 6 weeks currently for orders placed through my dealer link direct with SkyTrak, which is for US buyers only: https://shop.skytrakgolf.com/c-1.aspx?AffiliateID=12025

Of course it's all subject to order volume and their factory output volume, but that's been the case for at least the last couple of months.
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Golfser View Post
      The Flightscope forum has a thread for shipping delays on the Mevo+, so I figured it would make sense to have one for those of us waiting on a Skytrak.

It would be nice if some people who recently received theirs would chime in and state their ordered and received dates etc.

The official Canadian distributor has pushed the date of the next shipment a few times in the last 2 weeks. It used to be Sept 15th, then Sept 25th, Sept 30th, now pushed back to Oct 15th.

My build is almost finished and I am eager to try it. I'm thinking of grabbing an R Motion to just test my setup, and since it has some kind of integration with Skytrak, it wouldn't be a net loss once I receive my unit.
      No need to buy R-motion or anything in the meantime. Just go ahead and start banging some balls. Shake off the indoor swing syndrome before you get the unit in there and also get the screen bounceback where you want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post

No need to buy R-motion or anything in the meantime. Just go ahead and start banging some balls. Shake off the indoor swing syndrome before you get the unit in there and also get the screen bounceback where you want it to be.
        Yep, this. The poor-man's launch monitor: hang a dark-colored string, cord, or nylon strap down the centerline with a little weight at the bottom, so you can see if you're starting the ball left, right, or center. Then pay attention to the direction the ball bounces off the screen: if it bounces back to the right, you had draw spin, and to the left is fade spin (RH golfer, reverse for LH).
        - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Originally posted by 3on3putt View Post

I've been doing this for a week now and I'm getting bored. Good thing I can still play real golf for at least another month before the courses close down for winter.

Originally posted by GungHoGolf View Post

Yep, this. The poor-man's launch monitor: hang a dark-colored string, cord, or nylon strap down the centerline with a little weight at the bottom, so you can see if you're starting the ball left, right, or center. Then pay attention to the direction the ball bounces off the screen: if it bounces back to the right, you had draw spin, and to the left is fade spin (RH golfer, reverse for LH).
          Will try this. I really dig your articles btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Golfser View Post
            Will try this. I really dig your articles btw.
            Thanks! Link for those interested: https://gunghogolf.com/articles

Comment

Ordered July 12th, received August 24th. I'm in Australia and ordered via a distributor, not direct.
              ​​​​​
              Unfortunately ordered the day after their July allocation was exhausted, but great comms to help manage expectations. Skytrak had initially given the indication they would deliver in the first week of August but it took 5 weeks for them to post to Australia which suggests new orders are at least 5 weeks away (assuming they've not made or lost ground to date).

In all, I was okay with this. Set the room up in less than 2 weeks (still 20ish hours work) which gave me 3-4 weeks of hitting against the screen without feedback. Imo this made it harder to adjust when the sensor was in as I had no feedback on what my shots were actually doing. With that said though, there'll always be an adjustment period to your setup regardless of how comfortable or tentative you are hitting against a screen only.

11/10 would do again. Skytrak is a great unit, not for absolute beginners (too many no reads on scrubbed shots) but very good for people who can consistently strike a ball without being great by any means. 90-100 outdoor shooter here, hitting 0-20 over in sim play.

Comment

USA - I ordered from Skygolf on July 25th. I was told from support last week not to expect it until early to mid October. When I ordered it said back-ordered to September.
                Last edited by GrecoISU; 09-04-2020, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• ce2
                  ce2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Damn, I thought that might have been the case. Sorry to hear its still a month away, but it'll be worth it for sure!

The place I ordered from went from their pattern of (x) month sold out, preorder for (x+1) month allocation to "contact for order time frame" after I ordered. Just the nature of the world at the moment. Be thankful you didn't order a mevo+!

Comment

I ordered 9/2, and on the phone before ordering they told me mid-October. However, when looking at their website, the 8/24 update says 10-12 week shipping delay which would be late November. Hopefully the rep I spoke with on the phone was accurate, but I'm not holding my breath.

I ordered through GungHoGolf, found the experience and support to be invaluable. Highly recommend.

Comment

• GrecoISU
                    GrecoISU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Had I known, I would have just ordered through GungHo : /

Ordered on 7/2 and received on 8/6. When I ordered in July I believe it said 10 weeks and then after 4 weeks a shipping notice came through. Maybe the estimate the worst case but are beating those estimates?

Comment

Order update: Ordered from Skygolf on July 25th. Received an email today (9/14) saying my Skytrak had been registered -- I was assigned a serial number. Looks like it's preparing to be shipped! Seems like a two month lead time or so in total from July.

Comment

• Golfser
                      Golfser commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's good news! I was getting worried they were having production problems, considering many of us were told mid October. I found it suspicious that we were all waiting on the same batch to be produced and was getting delayed.

I ordered mine on 8/7 and it finally shipped out today.

Comment

Ordered August 28th, shipped out today Sept 17th. That was *way* faster than expected, especially since both the initial email I received and their website say October 15th.

Comment

• jefe
                        jefe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Where did you order from? I ordered mine the 28th from Top Shelf golf and still nothing.

• Golfser
                        Golfser commented
                        Editing a comment
                        From Jancor; they're the official distributor in Canada. I don't think they ship anywhere else.

Hey guys, thank you for being understanding. We are playing catch up as quickly as possible - there was no way to be prepared for something like this. Every time we think we see the light at the end of the tunnel, orders increase even more. It's a good and bad problem to have. Just know we are working overtime to get units out to you! Wishing Flightscope and everyone affected by this the best.

Comment

• Noob20
                        Noob20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        From the looks of that last comment, you're doing admirably with the catch-up. Can one assume that if they ordered a week after Golfser, their unit would ship a week later, or is the delay nonlinear?

• SkyTrak_Seth
                        SkyTrak_Seth commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The delays are non-linear, but rather come in waves. All due to when and how many we can get from the manufacturer.
                    Working...
                    X