SkyTrak Laser Curtain Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak Laser Curtain Replacement

Does anyone happen to know where to find a replacement laser curtain for the SkyTrak? Mine is starting to fail, and I was hoping to buy a new one before the old one decides to quit.

edit: I know I could swap the left and right curtains, but the wife is a lefty

Many guys have searched far and wide on the internet for a suitable replacement laser curtain, but nobody has found one to my knowledge. It's likely a proprietary part that SkyTrak has manufactured for their purposes, and they won't share a part number or sell it directly. You'll probably need to send it in if you can't scavenge the LH one.
    - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• Morini
      Morini commented
      Editing a comment
      I did source a manufacturer in China. It is an 850 nm line laser. However, since it is a custom order, not economical. If I order large quantities, it is much cheaper of course but I only need one. The Skytrak repair cost is something like $100 U.S., so just send it in. I personally wouldn't bother swapping even though it is a quick process. The owner of Rapsodo, Batuhan Okur even posted in Ron's facebook group warning about swapping and third party sourcing. He was concerned about eye safety, ESD, and misalignment. Some caution is warranted as IR lasers are invisible, and dangerous for that reason for inexperienced users.
      Last edited by Morini; 09-28-2020, 04:43 AM.

• BogeyMonster
      BogeyMonster commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have the specs for the laser? I thought I needed to replace the 650nm laser for the curtain, are you sure it's the 850nm? I thought 850nm wasn't visible to the human eye?

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      BogeyMonster - the red laser dot you can see is not the IR laser curtain - they're two separate lasers, one visible, one invisible.
Working...
X