Skytrak- Used Value question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • doublebogey
    commented on 's reply
    Agree w luv2golf, will get greater value if can ship overseas. I can offload mine overseas and get majority of my money back. My only prob is still have not located a good used GC2a I like (and apparently there are some fraudulent used GC2 sellers on eBay) and still waiting for ES16 release (though the pics of the unit looks pretty good).

  • luv2golf
    replied
    Originally posted by TorchRedRob View Post
    I'm glad that's the case, but it's more them I'd personally pay for a used one. A new one sold a few hours ago for $1900 on ebay. I'm of the mindset that a used item is at best 70-80% of the new price, regardless of what the item is. If it's not less than that, I'll fork over the extra to get something new. Just my personal preference, though.
    Ok, so I'm confused? Are you trying to set a market price? Looking to sell? Looking to guide the market for a purchase?

    The value is based on what people are willing to pay. Obviously people are willing to pay more than 70 - 80% of new purchase price - assuming a new price of $2K.

    It's all simple economics. Supply and demand. When I sell mine, I'll offer World Wide Shipping. So that will increase my market exposure and also the amount of potential customers, so that will allow me to set a more aggressive price.

    Leave a comment:


  • TorchRedRob
    replied
    I'm glad that's the case, but it's more them I'd personally pay for a used one. A new one sold a few hours ago for $1900 on ebay. I'm of the mindset that a used item is at best 70-80% of the new price, regardless of what the item is. If it's not less than that, I'll fork over the extra to get something new. Just my personal preference, though.

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, $1,500 is way to low to ask for a used skytrak.

    $1,800.00 is a good price.

  • TorchRedRob
    replied
    One just sold for $1880 on ebay. Another one ends tomorrow and it is already above $1500.

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    replied
    Originally posted by aja View Post
    Devil's advocate... better sell soon because I think the bottom will fall out of the used ST market very quickly as early adopters finally fess' up to the units shortcomings and true lack of progress from a Beta product. Gonna be a lot of ST's on the market in the next few months.
    I don't think so aja, what are they going to replace it with? I would agree if there was a bunch of GC2's for $3,200. Also, with no definitive on the ES16 and if, I SAY IF, skygolf can get out either E6, PG or TGC before Christmas. It will tide over most for at least another year.

    Most people aren't willing to give up on a $2K investment so quickly with nothing to replace it with.

    I personally feel that you can $1,800.00 for a uses Skytrak - if your willing to ship world wide.

    Leave a comment:


  • aja
    replied
    Devil's advocate... better sell soon because I think the bottom will fall out of the used ST market very quickly as early adopters finally fess' up to the units shortcomings and true lack of progress from a Beta product. Gonna be a lot of ST's on the market in the next few months.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bubba22
    replied
    I think $1500 for a used Skytrak is reasonable.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bubba22
    commented on 's reply
    Let's not hijack the thread bu bear in mind the space requirements, TGC is not used by Flightscope yet, no putting or chipping stc. You may want to pm Goatbarn and pick his brains as he was a Flightscope user until recently. Let's not hijack the thread a we can move to Flightsope section if needed. I was just curious.

  • Dax
    commented on 's reply
    Whoops sorry thought this was a gc2

  • DougieMn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bubba22 View Post
    May I ask why Flightscope?
    I like the idea of not having to move the unit when going from lefty to rightie. Assuming they play well with TGC I could recoup 75% of what I paid for SkyTrak and be happier in the long run.

    FS has been around a long time and seems like a more professional unit as opposed to SkyTrak which seems like more of a "gadget".

    Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the SkyTrak but at the pace of progression I'm afraid they will be lapped soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bubba22
    commented on 's reply
    May I ask why Flightscope?

  • DougieMn
    replied
    I'm thinking the same for mine, had it a year and still frustrated with all the delays. Gonna start researching whether or not a Flightscope will work in my mancave. I may not have enough room for it to measure the ball but perhaps they will let me demo one.

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    replied
    You should get at least $1,500, maybe more if you list it with World Wide Shipping. Do a 30 day ebay fixed buy it now auction, you'll pay 13% of the final value (10% to ebay and 3% to paypal).

    I'd start it at $1,800.00 with a best offer option.

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    commented on 's reply
    What do you mean by........Is it an apple unit? How would anyone know the 'number of shots'?
Working...