Skytrak- Used Value question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ookie
    replied
    Also. One other suggestion to anyone who puts a Skytrak (or any other item for that matter) up for auction....

    If you don't do a "Buy it Now" (and I wouldn't), I'd mention in big red letters that this is an auction only, and that people who attempt to get you to pull the auction for them early will be reported to eBay.

    Seller on one of the STs currently for sale has edited to say this, and I saw it with my auction as well. Messaging from people with insulting low ball offers. This stuff came in non-stop for the first few days. "Would you take $750 if I pay you right away?" Dealing with those messages gets old quick, so consider nipping it in the bud.

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    commented on 's reply
    It's the same as a skycaddie and yes, I've sold and transferred a skycaddie in the past. It's actually one of the few VERY easy things to do with skygolf.

  • doublebogey
    commented on 's reply
    Ok wasn't sure if that sell/transfer is to transfer ownership registration of unit or subscription packages or both? Wanted to see if anyone has actually done this successfully - i.e., transfer the subscription to someone else.

  • luv2golf
    replied
    Originally posted by doublebogey View Post
    Don't know if anyone who's sold their ST or bought one used might know answer to this: Can the GIP and WGT packages be sold along w the unit (i.e., are the packages attached to the device or the individual user account)? Thanks. Just doing my homework in advance in case ES16 blows me away...
    Yes, you can transfer your GIP with WGT to anyone who buys your skytrak. It's married to the serial number. If you go into your skygolf account and see your skytrak there. You'll see an option to 'sell/transfer'.

    Just sell it, when the buyer receives it, have them open an account, or it can done while in transit, then just get their information and transfer the skytrak and any subscriptions you have right to them. They will need to open a skygolf360 account to log on to the app (pc or ios).

    Leave a comment:


  • Sascha1818
    commented on 's reply
    Seth was writing something about the prescription being written on the unit when 2.0 beta came out. So it should stay with the unit. But in the end it is Skygolf we are talking about. I hope somebody will know for sure or be able to find out for sure. I need that info too

  • doublebogey
    replied
    Don't know if anyone who's sold their ST or bought one used might know answer to this: Can the GIP and WGT packages be sold along w the unit (i.e., are the packages attached to the device or the individual user account)? Thanks. Just doing my homework in advance in case ES16 blows me away...

    Leave a comment:


  • aja
    commented on 's reply
    Russia ain't Eastern Europe my friend.

    More to the point, do look into E-bays Global Shipping Program. It works.

    I bought a full set of clubs through Global Shipping. The original listing was getting very little interest for the seller in the US. When I told him about the Global Shipping Program and that I wanted his clubs, he re-listed, and I happily struck a deal and received the clubs in Eastern Europe.

  • Ookie
    commented on 's reply
    Agree. Fee-bay and Paypal will screw you over as the seller in a second. Craigslist is probably a better way to go if you are in a major metropolitan area and there are a substantial number of potential buyers around.

  • Ookie
    commented on 's reply
    Individual clubs and other less expensive items are not as much of a problem. Try to get a high dollar amount item shipped INSURED to Russia or other certain countries via DHL or FedEx and let me know if you still feel this way. If you can get them to do it, the cost will cancel out any profit you may may. The only outfit that will do it is USPS, which is what eBay tends to use. Anyone who has ever tried to get them to make good on a lost or destroyed item knows not to do it again. Simply not worth the hassle on a high dollar value item.

  • TorchRedRob
    commented on 's reply
    Eh? I'm not looking to set a price on anything. Neither am I looking for education in market dynamics. I'm just saying that on general, if I can order something right now for $2000 and get it in a timely manner, BRAND NEW, then there is no way that I'm spending $1800-$1900 on a USED unit. That's my personal opinion. It has nothing to do with the market, and holds true for me for all my purchases.

  • fortysixandtwo
    replied
    Originally posted by aja View Post
    I'd just put in a little disclaimer regarding your comment re. rife with fraud for instance about Eastern Europe. Not sure what you had in mind. All the major couriers operate here.

    If you familiarize yourself with what E-bay calls their Global Shipping Program, they actually do the shipping and include customs duties in the charges. The costs are pretty reasonable and do result in opening up your sale to a larger area. I have bought golf clubs and several items from the States and they have all been delivered trouble free (to eastern Europe).
    There is no way I would ever open up shipping outside of the United States through ebay and paypal. It's getting bad enough with snads and chargebacks just shipping stuff here in the US. Those skytrak units selling for 1800 or so, I guess sellers are ending up with 1500-1550
    Last edited by fortysixandtwo; 12-06-2015, 03:43 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • aja
    replied
    I'd just put in a little disclaimer regarding your comment re. rife with fraud for instance about Eastern Europe. Not sure what you had in mind. All the major couriers operate here.

    If you familiarize yourself with what E-bay calls their Global Shipping Program, they actually do the shipping and include customs duties in the charges. The costs are pretty reasonable and do result in opening up your sale to a larger area. I have bought golf clubs and several items from the States and they have all been delivered trouble free (to eastern Europe).

    Leave a comment:


  • Ookie
    replied
    I dumped mine very recently due to their business ethics as much as the distance problems. Running credit cards on a preorder immediately instead of on ship date and then missing the launch date twice was the last straw.

    It went for well over the $1,800 mark.

    Asking people their opinion on what an item is worth is a waste of your time, unless the item is very rare.

    Remember, in business, the market sets the price.

    Market=meeting of buyers and sellers. There is no better place to get a pulse on the market than searching eBay's completed items (specifically SOLD items).

    Units in good condition are going for well above $1,800.

    Want an idea of what you will be able to get for a used car? Check eBay. It's infinitely more accurate than Kelley Blue book, as it shows the price at which buyers and sellers all over the country came together. Remember, the market sets the price.

    Also, I did not allow for any international shipping due to fraud potential.

    Be very careful with international shipping. Certain places are so rife with fraud that a number of carriers will not even provide insured shipping there. If you do it, consider excluding the real hotspots like Eastern Europe and the Middle East.

    Also fully agree that if you are going to get out (and I suggest that you do), strike while the iron is hot.

    Ernest Sports is releasing the ES16 at the PGA show in January. Pricing has not been released, but they are apparently committed to a "pay once and you own it" pricing scheme with no hidden recurring revenue model crap (monthly/yearly fees). Plus, it's apparently going to display angle of attack, as it will combine imagine and radar into the same unit. Finally, the unit is expected to have no delay.

    Either this or a used GC2 is going to replace my Skytrak. My preference is for GC2, as it has a very established track record. Still, I will probably wait until January to see what the ES brings (unless I snag a great deal on a GC2 before then). Expect the prices on everything to move downward as more manufacturers bring devices to market. Competition is great for the consumer.
    Last edited by Ookie; 12-06-2015, 10:52 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • luv2golf
    commented on 's reply
    Yes it has, it's a great tool to reach more customers. Remember not everyone in the world can get a skytrak regionally.

  • ernie18
    replied
    Originally posted by luv2golf View Post

    Ok, so I'm confused? Are you trying to set a market price? Looking to sell? Looking to guide the market for a purchase?

    The value is based on what people are willing to pay. Obviously people are willing to pay more than 70 - 80% of new purchase price - assuming a new price of $2K.

    It's all simple economics. Supply and demand. When I sell mine, I'll offer World Wide Shipping. So that will increase my market exposure and also the amount of potential customers, so that will allow me to set a more aggressive price.
    the world wide exchange ebay has makes international shipping really easy these days.

    Leave a comment:

Working...