We need some light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need some light

This one goes mainly to SkyTrak_Seth. I know that Seth is on baby leave and I hope everything is well with him and his fam. He said that there will be someone else from skytrak checking this forum ones in a while. I would like to ask skytrak to give the loyal skytrak owners on this forum at least a few information's and status updates. Right now we have no clue about what's going on. Is PG going to be first ? Is there even others (TGC,E6....) after ? There is many guys, including me, who ordered a protective case. Is that going to be delivered at any point ? A lot of us, again including me, got there setup for TGC ( gaming PC...) and are waiting for any news there. The problem is that since Seth is MIA nobody really tried to give us some answers. I do know that that's not your job but most of us where very patient and supportive before. I don't think just ignoring everybody helps. Lately you see more Skytraks going on ebay . I think that's mainly because people get left in the dark and have no clue what's going on. Anything ? @ Skytrak ?

I second that. would be nice to get a few updates now and then.. I'm fairly new to Skytrak, and am always looking for for tips or insight on how to make my experience better..
    If anyone is left handed, and having issues keeping the laser on the correct side, and maybe have a fix please Contact me , Thanks

Comment

I would like to third the above. I have been a big skytrak person. Supportive and patient for over a year. I still love the device in a lot of ways but the release of a pretty unplayable Wgt along with no evidence of any other release has worn me thin. i find myself wishing I had just spent the extra money on a gc2 with a computer and software. Thank goodness I didn't buy a computer yet for simulation. I feel really bad for the guys who have. It is time to give some timeline. I just can't believe how skygolf has taken a product with so much positive and morphed even me into a guy thinking about cutting losses by selling it or simply moving a different direction.

I wonder if the simulations are done but being held back to sell as much gip packages during Christmas? I assume 8 months of beta testing and 1.5 months with sdk is enough time to have multiple options? Without information we can do nothing but sit and speculate.

And the most frustrating part is they could have fixed this before and still can. People want to buy stuff like this around Christmas and they have essentially missed their window. Wouldn't sales have gone better if all options were out in some form? Imagine being a perspective buyer and seeing these unknowns about sim options, complaints about faulty units and bad customer service, subscription fees..this all could have been avoided.

The past two weeks could have been filled with people discussing skytrak and perfect golf beta or tgc reviews or e6. Instead if has been primarily about how to load the e6 demo and really....nothing else.

I have been completing a much larger sim setup with a larger hanging net that is 10x10 (previously used a rukket net that less experience golfers occasionally missed). All incentive to finish this have been stopped because my skytrak is still just something I will play alone. I will love it when I do hit balls or play the wgt challenge mode (which I find to be the best way to play wgt). But it could have been so much more at this point. I would have spent more money skygolf...and had friends over who have money....then they might have thought "wow, I have to get me one of these.." Please give us some light.

Comment

I've tried to stay positive because the Skytrak has been a real game-changer (excuse the pun) for me.

But, I'm one of those that went out and spent the money to build a new PC for TGC, as from the conversations back and forth between ProTee United and SkyTrak_Seth it appeared that the release was quickly upcoming - i believe the statement from SkyTrak_Seth was - ok Protee - kicking this your way hope your ready, only to find out that the delay is still with skytrak.

WGT is a $99 sim so I'm not upset about it as my expectations were pretty low to begin with.

I've enjoyed the e6 demo so far but of course that only lasts 30 days unless you trick the system in some way to extend it.

My guess is that this is less of a technical issue and more of a bureaucratic issue at this point, possibly WGT had a special agreement that no other sim would launch on skytrak until WGT was available for 90 days or something to that effect. I'm hopeful that isn't the case, but with zero other information coming out and no one posting to the TGC, PG, e6 portions of this forum, i'm also heavily considering selling my skytrak on eBay. I've already started researching price points as have others.

I also (like others above) have had friends over to try it out and none of them would buy the product as it stands today, due to the glaring issues that it has and the lack of software that is in place. I really believe that if SkyTrak_Seth, PG, or ProTee United would simply give us some tidbit of reliable information as to the cause of these delays and/or any news on upcoming releases, a lot less people would jump ship. Until then, I fear that this is a sinking ship that most aren't going to have the patience to stomach. </rant>
        Last edited by Tekbud; 12-01-2015, 04:38 PM.

Comment

I hope SkyGolf understands that though they might have sold a bunch of SkyTraks, they are losing lots of potential customers (and potentially some existing ones too). Bunch of guys on this forum looking to buy SkyTrak have bought GC2's and ProTee's instead. And today my neighbor checked out my SkyTrak unit (was not impressed w WGT - comment was "it's like a video game"). I told him the hardware is actually pretty good. But when he asked me for advice on buying a launch monitor I actually recommended: if money not an issue then $6,500 for a brand new GC2a; if on tighter budget research for a good used GC2 (preferably GC2a) for around $3-4k. He's now looking into GC2's.

Comment

And that is the trend lately. They loose money every day they ignore us. I don't need to have TGC tomorrow, I just want to get some information about what is going on. I actually follow the ES16 and others now too cause I don't have any clue what's going on and I wanna play TGC. If ES16 is coming out with TGC and the skytrak information policy doesn't change I too will jump ship and go with a ES16 or used GC2. I never thought I would say that but that's the bottom line.

Comment

Hey guys. First day back in the office. I still have bunch of catching up to do, but the one update I can give you is that v2.1.1 is submitted to Apple. I'll make sure we get the PC update on the website in the next day or so as well. Unfortunately, I really can't comment on our simulation partners, mainly because I've been out of the loop for a bit. Let me get my bearings and I will touch base later today.

Comment

• Tekbud
                Tekbud commented
                Editing a comment
                Later today has come and gone , any sim updates? Any truth to the post I saw about e6 coming this week but then not quite making it?

Thanks Seth. Welcome back!

Comment

Shields are in...
                Attached Files

Comment

What is on the website currently for PC, 2.1.0?
                  Originally posted by SkyTrak View Post
                  I still have bunch of catching up to do, but the one update I can give you is that v2.1.1 is submitted to Apple. I'll make sure we get the PC update on the website in the next day or so as well.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                    SkyTrak_Seth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, that's right. v2.1(.0).

• Tekbud
                    Tekbud commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Any updates on v2.1.1 for PC and what this includes?

Originally posted by SkyTrak View Post
                  Shields are in...
                  these going to be shipped?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                    SkyTrak_Seth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Joko ...unfortunately, your shield fell off and was backed over by the delivery truck. The shield is perfectly fine, but it blew the truck tire and the driver was furious and tossed it over the side of a cliff. The shield is still fine, just not able to locate it.

• SkyTrak_Seth
                    SkyTrak_Seth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In all seriousness, I have no ETA on shipping...there is a process all receivables go through. I just wanted to let you all know they do exist.

• TorchRedRob
                    TorchRedRob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL! Awesome comeback.

welcome back :-) I'm sure you brought some light with you. Sorry to be so direct about it but we could really use some information. The 2.1 PC has been on the website since last week and we where told on here before fact. Thanks for that !

Comment

Thanks Seth.. nice to see you back, hope the wife and kid are doing well. I see you commented on the Lefty bug and I appreciate it.. hope to see a fix shortly.. been a little frustrating as could imagine. Thanks again
                    Last edited by Jimsol; 12-01-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Also very new to skytrak and golf sim generally. For what it's worth - I agree with the sentiment about wgt - its not playable. As for skytrak - seems like a good tool but without e6 or any of the other sims like PG I'm not sure its worth buying as a standalone device. At some point I'll buy the gc2 and the skytrak will become a really expensive paper weight.

Comment

I recently bought a skytrak after reading this forum over and over and realizing the other options around the same price point.
                        Like everything technology related, it seems like this area is advancing with new and exciting options.
                        It seems like a great option at a reasonable price - its new, it is evolving, and great things seem to be coming.

I will pick doublebogey 's comment as an example... "I hope SkyGolf understands that though they might have sold a bunch of SkyTraks, they are losing lots of potential customers..."

Skytrak is in the business to make money.
                        They want to sell as many Skytrak units as possible.

Do you think that they are intentionally holding things back that are ready?

Plus, when people release things early to appease the masses... then the bugs kick in and people are mad cause the software is buggy...

You just can't win.

I have read lots of the threads here... am I missing something where everyone was promised a working SIM in a certain time frame?

I think most people are complaining is because they don't want to pay for a GC2, but Skytrak isn't 100% what they want yet... other than the low cost.

6 months from now, the comments should be interesting.
                        Last edited by voodoo_ca; 12-01-2015, 09:43 PM. Reason: Hit enter before my comment was done - by accident

Comment

• Ookie
                          Ookie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree with you that they would not intentionally hold things back. Lots of businesses miss launch dates.

However, with regard to the protective stand, yes, we were promised something in a certain time frame.

I can even understand them missing the date, as I know what it's like as a business owner to make a promise to a customer and then realize that I was overly optimistic. The one thing I have not done in those situations is take the client's money in advance.

What I cannot get over is the fact that they charged everyone immediately at the time of preorder, a practice that is virtually unheard of among major retailers. If you look at the preorder policy of a vast majority of the top players in retail, (e.g. Amazon, Apple), they all clearly state that the transaction goes through when the item ships. And those companies get their preorders out on time.

The finances are hardly the issue for me (my company is doing very well as of late). What bothers me is the lack of business ethics. Concealment of the Game Improvement Package being an annual fee (and required for sim use) got my nose bent out of shape. The continued delays on the protective stand despite taking my cash in advance were responsible for my unit ending up on Fee Bay.
                      Working...
                      X