Skytrak and P3ProSwing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak and P3ProSwing

Hello guys, after a lot of doubts and second thoughs I finally decided to buy a Skytrak unit over a Gc2.
    The offer at 1711 dollars was indeed too tempting so I could not resist.
    I have also a P3ProSwing who has been a faithful buddy for a long time and gave me a lot of fun, still perfectly working after two years.
    I am quite sure the P3ProSwing is an affordable and precise unit, but now I have the opportunity and want to make some comparisons between both systems. Therefore, if you are interested stay in contact, will be an update as the Skytrak unit arrives.
    All the best

waiting for it. I received ST but found it is short 20 yards for iron and have not tried driver yet. a little disappointed but want to know p3proswing which is another option i looked into for a while but I pulled the trigger on ST over 1711

Comment

• ernie18
      ernie18 commented
      Editing a comment
      probably safe to say you're actual distances arnt what you think they are...make sure everything is correct in the setting up the unit as well.

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe you can post up a screenshot of the shot history table with some of your iron shots. Maybe there's something in that data that will give us a clue what's going on. 20 yards short on an iron - there is definitely something amiss. Make sure to tag me when you do.

Try to change the humidy, elevation and temperature until it matches your normal
    distances. Elevation should help a lot.

Comment

raised to 10000 yesterday but not much help not sure if lighting helps, i am hesitating keep this unit for now if it keeps getting me the lower numbers...

Comment

Have you taken the unit outdoors and hit balls to a KNOWN target distance? Then you can confirm if it's a bad unit. Most people have found the unit to be quite accurate and then they work on figuring out what is wrong with their indoor swing/setup.

FWIW, the skytrak is significantly more accurate than p3proswing. I had both and tested against each other. P3 like optishot can produce incorrect results on thin and fat shots. Also, I believe P3 still uses old ball flight laws in their algorithm.
        Originally posted by nk12345 View Post
        raised to 10000 yesterday but not much help not sure if lighting helps, i am hesitating keep this unit for now if it keeps getting me the lower numbers...

Comment

There may be an interaction. I find that, once in a while, the red light goes off just at the start of the back swing when the P3proswing is on. I have not seen this when the sensor is off.

Comment

I normally don't look at the simulated results between Skytrak and P3proswing, but I thought I would take a look at it. I don't have the spin software for the P3pro.
            I took several swings with a 45 degree wedge that I normally carry about 126 yards on a course to see what the carry distance and the spread was for each.
            I warmed up with a few swings and then took 6 swings in a row, I threw 2 swings out. One where the P3pro showed the ball hitting the heal, but also showed fairly good ball flight results for an almost shank that Skytrak showed very clearly the correct results. The other one I threw out was one which it appears Skytrak did not pick up back spin correctly and the wedge shot carried about 15 yards to far while showing a reasonable launch angle. P3pro showed what I thought was reasonable results with this one.

Parameter --- Skytrak --- P3proswing
            Swing 1
            Ball Sp. --- 94 MPH --- 95.6 MPH
            Club Sp. --- 73 MPH --- 76.6 MPH
            Launch Ang - 27 Deg --- 32 Deg
            Side Ang --- 2 Right
            Back Spin --- 5540 RPM
            Side Spin --- 959 RPM
            Face angle --- --- --- --- 0.7 open
            Swing Path --- --- --- -- 3.0 in to out
            Off line ---- 6 Yds Left - 1.4Yds Right
            Ball Strike --- --- --- --- Heal
            Carry Dist --- 125 Yds -- 121 Yds

Swing 2
            Ball Sp. --- 99 MPH --- 93.6 MPH
            Club Sp. ---- 81 MPH --- 79.0 MPH
            Launch Ang - 25 Deg --- 32 Deg
            Side Ang --- 2 Right
            Back Spin --- 6629 RPM
            Side Spin --- 379 RPM
            Face angle --- --- --- --- Square
            Swing Path --- --- --- --- 1.0 In to out
            Off line ----1 Yds Right - 0.9 Yds Right
            Ball Strike --- --- --- --- Center
            Carry Dist --- 130 Yds -- 124 Yds

Swing 3
            Ball Sp. --- 95 MPH --- 95 MPH
            Club Sp. ---- 72 MPH --- 76.1 MPH
            Launch Ang - 23 Deg --- 32 Deg
            Side Ang --- 2 Right
            Back Spin --- 4340 RPM
            Side Spin --- 292 RPM
            Face angle --- --- --- --- 3.1 Deg Open
            Swing Path --- --- --- --- 5.0 In to out
            Off line ----2 Yds Right - 7.6 Yds Right
            Ball Strike --- --- --- --- Center
            Carry Dist --- 122 Yds -- 127 Yds

Swing 4
            Ball Sp. --- 95 MPH --- 96.1 MPH
            Club Sp. ---- 80 MPH --- 77 MPH
            Launch Ang - 23 Deg --- 32 Deg
            Side Ang --- 2 Right
            Back Spin --- 7371 RPM
            Side Spin --- 0 RPM
            Face angle --- --- --- --- 0.8 Deg Closed
            Swing Path --- --- --- --- 2.0 In to out
            Off line ---3 Yds Right - 2.6 Yds Right
            Ball Strike --- --- --- --- Heal
            Carry Dist --- 122 Yds -- 123 Yds

Interesting results. It shows me I am hitting the ball off the heal way to much for sure. Some of the shots I hit before I began recording results showed more variation in the results, but these look fairly close. I have the P3pro setup to my distances and ball reaction on the greens. The launch angle is my attempt to accomplish that, so it looks high. Actually, the wedge launch angle with Skytrak seems a bit low.

Last edited by Stonebattle; 10-30-2016, 03:20 PM. Reason: Still can't spell

Comment

Anything new on this comparison? I have p3 and may upgrade to skytrak

Comment

Working...
              X