There is not enough light issues - Trackman 6.0 Impact Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is not enough light issues - Trackman 6.0 Impact Location

Those with deep and dark simulator bays, what are you doing to combat the issues to get the hitting area 4' wide 10' deep area all the way to the screen lit up to get to "350 LUX" whatever that means? Trackman isn't picking up any shots, and I have all my track lighting aimed at the hitting area. It's not dark by any means. Disappointed TM didn't figure out how to open aperture via a firmware update on the camera to allow more light in.

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/TrackMan%20Performance%20Studio/Modules/Resources/ImpactLocation-Setup_FAQ.pdf

Originally posted by clubchampx9 View Post
    I used impact tape to verify and so far so good I attached a 7 iron pic
    Can you take a picture of how the led light is set up relevant to the ball? Thanks.

Comment

I picked up a dual head led work light from Home Depot with output rating of 7000 lumen. The light reading I got is more than 1100 Lux at the club ball impact. With this I can reliably get impact location of all clubs.

Comment

This: Click image for larger version

Name:	3B7AAFF5-28AD-4C5B-812B-C1F87C04FA42.jpeg
Views:	1218
Size:	280.2 KB
ID:	206212

Comment

Sorry for the delay in sending the pictures

Comment

• LEO MODE
            LEO MODE commented
            Editing a comment
            cool setup. i'm getting a ceiling adjustable can light so hopefully that'll add more lights.

I just re-read the TrackMan Indoor Setup guide and find this requirement regarding lighting that I previously did not pay attention to:

Note: use minimum 200 Hz lights to avoid flicker on OERT tracking

It could be an important requirement; however, it is in small print and easy to miss (I did). The reason it is important is that when I change the TrackMan internal video mode to 173 FPS, the display has substantial flickers, even though my LUX reading is very high (>3000 at the hitting area). I believe this "flicker" is because my light has a low frequency reading, most likely < 150 Hz.

Does anyone know if there is some external device I can apply to increase the light frequency? Which LED light would have >200 Hz reading?

Comment

Wonder if anyone has tried the Tracklight that TM is selling on their site for $395? Looks like a nice tidy solution for measuring impact location.

Comment

ThenTM website just added a good blog on the OERT technology and what it is doing.

Comment

thanks for the update. I tried multiple lights and had the light to double the requirements, but it was the flickering (not seen by a naked eye) that caused it not to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadiangolfer View Post
                  thanks for the update. I tried multiple lights and had the light to double the requirements, but it was the flickering (not seen by a naked eye) that caused it not to work for me.
                  Have you been able to resolve this now? I am thinking of buying the light they recommend or finding something equivalent locally as it is a nice clean look.

Comment

Anyone think the increase in light will require a higher quality projector also? It seems like a dark room is preferred for projecting an imagine.

Comment

I have 5400 lumens and have no issues when I have all the lights on for impact location and also for video analysis.

Comment

I am sure that the lights that Trackman recommends will work. I had 2 - 10,000 lumen lights aligned over the hitting area and it was bright. More than enough lux at all points in the line of hitting, but the flickering caused the issues. Didn't go forward and thinking of just selling the Trackman now because of the light issues and not being able to use some of the features of it.

Comment

I am sure that the lights that Trackman recommends will work. I had 2 - 10,000 lumen lights aligned over the hitting area and it was bright. More than enough lux at all points in the line of hitting, but the flickering caused the issues. Didn't go forward and thinking of just selling the Trackman now because of the light issues and not being able to use some of the features of it.
                          What about trying the spot light that they suggest on their site? I would hate to see you sell, as this should be an easy issue to fix. Plus the impressive update yesterday just keeps showing how much things are getting better.

Comment

Yeh, it isn’t really the light. I originally bought because of the trackman functionality and practicing. I used it for a couple years for that and now find myself just playing simulator golf. So, don’t really use the functionality of the entire trackman. But it is a wonderful product and nothing ever bad to say about it.

Comment

thanks for the update. I tried multiple lights and had the light to double

the requirements, but it was the flickering (not seen by a naked eye) that caused it not to work for me.

I had the exact same experience with a few low cost LED lights! At the end I bought three recommended LED lights - Genaray Essential Daylight 500 - and all problems now went away. No flicker at slow motion video recording and TrackMan picks up impact location most of the time!

Comment

Working...
                              X