Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Wes B45 (NET) and @Chris Knoop (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Genesis Open with 2 rounds at Riviera Country Club White Tees : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-genesis-open
See more
See less

E6 Connect for Skytrak said to go live Feb 1st

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StuartG
    TruGolf has always really seemed to focus on the higher end market and not the budget conscious. At one point in time, their product was far enough above the capabilities of the competitors to possibly warrant a higher price tag - but that's not really the case any more.
    Appreciate your perspective, thx. I think to your point they are losing market share. They need to move downstream, hence their acquisition or co-branding with Tittle. That’s a very entry level product imo.

Comment

Originally posted by StuartG View Post

Actually, I believe it's a up-front purchase cost plus an (optional) subscription if you want any of the online services or added content (more courses than the original 20 something). I may have missed it but I didn't see a subscription only price for e6 connect.

Did you just send an e-mail (or contact us page) or use their support portal? https://e6golf.assist.com/portal/incidents/new

Primary support is managed through the portal (or by phone), not the other methods. You don't even need to be an active customer to set up an account on the portal.

As far as actual product support I've usually got a response in the same day when submitting questions through the support portal. I think their e6 connect pricing policy is horrible - but I've actually been very impressed with their product support team and system.
      I submitted a request through their website and clicked "Contact Us". Then filled out the online form with my info and question. Never heard back. Been about 10 days.

Does e6 1.6 work with a GC2 using the ProTee interface?

Is e6 Connect enhanced graphics and better courses compared to e6 1.6? Or are they built on the same platform and same graphics and ball physics?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike80 View Post

I submitted a request through their website and clicked "Contact Us". Then filled out the online form with my info and question. Never heard back. Been about 10 days.

Does e6 1.6 work with a GC2 using the ProTee interface?

Is e6 Connect enhanced graphics and better courses compared to e6 1.6? Or are they built on the same platform and same graphics and ball physics?
        Use the portal, you'll have much better results - or just pick up a phone and call them.

Yes, e6 1.6 does work with GC2 using ProTee interface and GSX. I haven't gotten mine working yet (only just got my gc2, haven't gotten around to it yet) but lots of others have.

I can't tell you a lot about Connect. There are a few youtube videos from the PGA trade show I suggest you do a search for. Definitely much better graphics (also support for 4K) and has to be some improvements to the courses since you can't use the 1.6 courses in connect. I suspect a large part of the improvements to the courses is related to the graphics. No idea about the physics - but 1.6 physics is actually pretty good. Most issues with ball flight tend to originate from limitations in the sensor used. But then I'm currently using Flightscope with it - which means I haven't played around with a lot of the short game aspects of the physics. I'll get more experience with that when I get the GC2 hooked up.

Comment

• Mike80
          Mike80 commented
          Editing a comment
          StuartG Thanks. Yeah was curious if Connect was better/upgraded graphics. Sounds like it is. So if I were to try e6 I would prefer the upgraded version "Connect" and not get something that is no longer being developed/bug fixes/patched. But since they don't support GC2 I will not be a potential E6 user. And like everyone stated their pricing is ridiculous. With "Connect" you have to drop $2500 for only 27 courses and then also pay $600 every year if you want all courses. Would love to try it but sticking with TGC currently.

• StuartG
          StuartG commented
          Editing a comment
          FYI - just realize the decisions to integrate are really made by the LM folks, not TruGolf.

Just my opinion, but 1.6 is very stable and if patient you can find a second hand copy for a very reasonable cost - that's what I did. Play-ability is more important than graphics for me but then also TGC wasn't an option with Flightscope and even if it was I'm not sure I'd have been interested since it currently doesn't include many of the feature in e6. While that may change, for now e6 was the lesser of all the evils for me.
          Last edited by StuartG; 02-07-2019, 06:56 PM.

Does TGC sim program have ladies tees and other tee choices. How does it compare to trugolf e6 1.6
        thanks

Comment

• Mike80
          Mike80 commented
          Editing a comment
          The current TGC software does not have multiple tee boxes. Many courses have been redesigned where the tee box is moved up like for a White Mens tee box. However in TGC 2019 they will have multiple tee boxes, where you can have one golfer on whites and another golfer on ladies tees. This software is in testing and hopefully will be released soon. I haven't used e6 so others can comment on that.

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          Want to make sure you know that the multiple tee boxes are at the designers discretion so not every course has them and I've run across some that may have 4 tee sets but the shortest is still 6500 yards and it goes up from there. There are some courses that have no ladies tee,or even senior or forward tees.

I've not had any issues finding a tee length that suits me on any course I've picked but there have been a few my wife certainly wouldn't be able to play.

Originally posted by Gazpacho
        Does TGC sim program have ladies tees and other tee choices. How does it compare to trugolf e6 1.6
        thanks
        Yes there are multiple tee boxes in TGC 2019, not the older version.
        TGC 2019 software looks fantastic but graphics wise I don’t think you can compare that version to 1.6 - TGC is light years ahead. Original TGC is also a step up from E6, but not like 2019.

Anyway, you will hear a ton of opinions so find the features you need and feel are best for you.

If you want to compare E6, you will have to wait until Connect arrives (date unknown) and announces Skytrak pricing. At that point, your decision might be clear.

Budget aside, I don’t think you can go wrong with what Skytrak has available.

Comment

E6 has updated their web page for Connect to list "Skytrak (coming soon)".

I downloaded the latest Demo software, and it still doesn't include Skytrak support. The demo shows support from 1080p, 4K and 8K graphics (even if you have a lower resolution display, you can have the images created at the higher resolution and then downscaled for display).

Based on the Skytrak and E6 websites, both E6 Golf and Connect would be available for around $300 annual subscription.

With E6 Golf you get 15 courses and a few practice areas, and additional course packs are purchased for $400.

With E6 Connect (for $300/year) you get 27 courses with 17 practice areas and some annual rotating content - and may include a few more multiplayer games.

With the Expanded E6 Connect subscription ($600/year), you get all of their courses (90+) and all subscription content (except for premium or licensed content).

Assuming Skytrak goes with the same subscription model, they should be able to transition current E6 Golf subscriptions to E6 Connect.

What's not clear is the additional course content. If someone has purchased one or more course packs, those are now only available through the expanded annual subscription.

Our club has a course in one of the E6 Golf Course Packs. When we purchased our Skytrak last year, we would have purchased that Course Pack, but neither E6 or Skytrak could tell us what would happen to that purchase when Connect was available on Skytrak - plus our course is one of the 27 standard courses on Connect - not one of the 15 standard courses for E6 Golf.

Last summer, both E6 and Skytrak indicated Skytrak support was coming - hopefully updating their website to include Skytrak means we'll see something soon.

Comment

Working...
          X