What size screen? New set up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size screen? New set up.

I am in the process of setting up a new SIM room and the room itself is 14 feet wide. I was thinking to have the screen 12ft wide and put it on a frame made of 1" EMT conduit.

My questions are:

I assume that a 16:9 is the nicest to have which would make the height something like 7ft? Or should I make the screen 9ft high so that I could also have a 4:3 ratio? The screen would also be used to watch television and movies.

How much screen would I actually need to get these dimensions? One foot more on each side to allow for attaching it to the frame?

Thanks!

You will want the screen to be as wide as possible and the 16:9 ratio works best with most of the 1080p projectors. You could use EMT, but you could also attach slotted angle iron to the side walls. My room is also 14' with 10' ceilings. You usually need about 4-6" less screen on each side than frame width to allow for attachment. What is your ceiling height?

Comment

I have a cathedral ceiling with some unusual angles. The lowest point is about 10ft and the highest 12ft or so.

Comment

I'd go for screen height over width. You'd be surprised how high the short irons and wedges can go. Better to be hitting the screen than who knows what.

Comment

Working...
        X