SQ Beta Screen Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Beta Screen Review

Just got the screen up today. Previously had a PR20 and Supertex.

Had the PR20 for about 1.5 years. It was a great quiet screen, but the image quality was lacking. You could definitely see the weave of the material on the image. Durability was decent. It did start to get that frayed look in my most impacted area, but I am guilty of firing some pretty beat up balls into it.

Only had the Supertex screen for about 3 months. Image quality was much improved over PR20 but I would say noise was a bit louder. Not bad, just a little more snap when the ball hit. The screen is still in great condition and I was very happy with it. I would have been happy with the Supertex if this Beta deal on the SQ screen did not pop up. Noise level was a main factor in my decision.

Par2pro SQ screen: Immediately out of the box you can tell it is different than other 2 materials. It has a very thick blanket-like feel to it. The weaves of the material are very tight and looks to be very high quality. I ordered raw material in a 10' x 11' size. (For anyone hanging a screen, I think raw is the way to go with tarp clips and ball bungees. My screen size is only 8'6" x 10'6". You can easily just fold the material back on itself and attach the tarp clip. It gives a very finished look and there is infinite adjustability. I also have the option of rolling the screen down should I get a wear mark in a certain spot). Image quality is great. I would say it is on par with the Supertex which I was very happy with. Noise level is as quiet or quieter than the PR20. This screens captures the best qualities of noise and image quality. I have only hit about 100 shots so far so I cannot speak to durability. Screen still looks mint so that is promising.

Thanks for the smooth transaction Cory. Very happy thus far.

Tim

Oh, I mean my balls go between my screen and my side trim but not on the floor (at 1 meter elevated for exemple). The ball hit the sceen on the right and get under the side trim and finish behind all the stucture. Not sure if I am clear sorry ^^

Comment

My side trim is attached by super strong double sided Velcro that is stiched to the screen and the trim attaches as it is like felt surface. Very difficult to detach the trim from the screen and therefore balls cannot got past the attachment point.

Comment

Thank you very much again !

And sorry for the thread ! But as I have 4 screens from par2pro (older version than SQ) I can say their product are very good, you can go with without a doubt for those who are looking for a good screen :-)

Comment

Setup looks awesome. May I ask what that ceiling protection is? was it sold by Cory at Par2Pro? Also, did you get the screen with the velcro already sewn into it?

Comment

The screen had a loop Velcro down into the edges and then Cory provided Velcro to attach to the angle irons. Then the side protection is made of material that attaches to loop Velcro allowing you to attach it on both sides to the screen and angle irons, spanning over the bungee cords.
            The ceiling protection was actually an idea of a buddy of mine made of 1.5” foam insulation board from Home Depot wrapped in felt from Joann fabrics. Stapled taught and then I put double sided velcro in it to secure to ceiling.

Comment

• apeppin
              apeppin commented
              Editing a comment
              that's a great idea, I will do that as well I think. Thanks!

I just rigged my screen up last week, still working on the projector, anyone know how to get these creases out? Also, I feel like my bungee setup is not ideal because the screen bunches up after hitting into it...any suggestions on that too?

Comment

• apeppin
              apeppin commented
              Editing a comment
              definitely a garment steamer (https://www.walmart.com/browse/home/..._90548_1070044) would get those creases out. worked for me. for bunching up, i'd adjust your screen so it's 1" or so above the ground and use bungees on the lower corners so there is tension inferiorly. i think the side bungees are unnecessary.
          Working...
          X