Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Triplebogeysrbetter (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 Spring Tour - US Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 SPRING TOUR - Travelers Championship with 2 rounds at Yuma Desert Golf Club : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-championship
See more
See less

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a BALL!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I put the net up according to all the suggestions. My Setup was angle iron at 7.5" from the back wall (I had to push the envelope lol). I hung 2" memory foam from the top bar in back, then put sports netting stretched taught with bungees at first then with zip ties later (on sides and top); and finally my impact screen in front (carl's premium) tensioned moderately with bungees on sides & top.

Awesome!!! Can you say "no bounce back!"? Tested up to ball speed 140mph... drops dead. That's me swinging out of my shoes, btw... faster hitters would prob be ok too

Comment

OH! How should I hang the mattress topper memory foam?. mthunt vrpunk & anyone else who used a mattress topper... how did you keep it up? I'm about to try a duvet cover because my original try failed... thoughts?

I hung the memory foam using tarp clips spaced about 10" apart, and after about 5 days the foam topper ripped out of the clips and fell to the floor. I tried hitting without it just for kicks, and the bounceback was still reasonable, but probably 6"-24". Louder, too. I'll definitely be sticking to mem foam.

Anyway, the second time re-hanging I made a wild criss cross web cage out of duct tape and reattached to the tarp clips. Duct tape, 1001 uses, now a thousand and two. The problem? Duct tape doesn't like memory foam. It's slowly peeling away. I figure I've got another week before I'm picking the mem foam off the floor again.

SHE'S GOT HUGE.... TRACKS OF LAND!! (sorry... flashback to a monty python skit about building a castle on marshland... over and over and over lol... but I digress...)

so... back to the duvet cover idea... or other?

Comment

I sandwiches it between two 2x4 and hung in with rope.

Comment

mthunt A giant clamp! Great suggestion... cheap, too Thanks!

Comment

It’s upside down but.

Comment

I ended up with this and very happy on my 3 sims (no noise, no bounce, very cheap.

Note : the "order" on the picture is not the good one, it is 1) impact screen 2) Net 3) Braid

If this can help Click image for larger version

Name:	simu2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	155852

Comment

Ykaar very nice! BTW Is that a duvet cover over a memory foam mattress topper or something else? Was “braid “ a typo?

Comment

I dont know how to name this in english sorry (braid comes from google translate ^^). This is what you have on your bed in winter to avoid cold when sleeping ! So duvet cover I would say in english

Comment

I (the wife) sewed web strapping on the duvet cover and hung it that way.

Good luck

Comment

• gnomike
                      gnomike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! I think I (the wife) may be getting a sewing assignment soon lol

gnomike I have a blanket and sleep bag behind mine. I'm still using the Carl's standard screen and the noise is very little. The bounce is minimal.

Tried the moving blankets, but I blasted holes into them.

I've thought of having the wife behind it. Might increase my ball and club head speed. JK :-)

Comment

• gnomike
                      gnomike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL.... but i might also develop the tendency to throw my clubs "down range"... j/k

• triplebogeysrbetter
                      Editing a comment
                      There's that as well.
                  Working...
                  X