Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @shank12u (NET) and @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - QBE Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational with 2 rounds at The Walker Course Pro Tee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-invitational
See more
See less

Bungie mounting a finished screen, how much bigger to build frame?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bungie mounting a finished screen, how much bigger to build frame?

Asking the question because I'm going as big as I can on the screen and don't want to order a screen only to find that I don't have enough room left over to hang it correctly. How much bigger should the frame be?

Thanks,

Bob

I intentionally ordered my screen larger than frame and just folded it over to the size I need with tarp clips. I think I have about a 3” gap on sides and top

Comment

Agree with wbond........just fold over until your happy with it...My tarp clips are about 2 inches long and I have about 1 to 2 inches of bungee cord to frame....so about 3 or 4 inches gap.

Comment

What tarp clips do you use and where did you buy them?

Comment

HOme Depot. I think they are called easyklip. They were less than a buck a piece i think

Comment

So are you guys saying you prefer tarp clips over a finished screen with bungies?

Comment

Yes, plus you can order wider and when the hitting area starts to wear, you unroll some and you get a new impact area without having to order a new screen.

Comment

Where are you ordering unfinished screen material from?

Comment

Originally posted by bm11 View Post
                  Where are you ordering unfinished screen material from?
                  https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ctly-from-mill

Comment

Reviving this thread. I’m going w a Carl’s preferred screen and it has holes for bungees on it. Using metal piping for frame etc. Screen is 16x9. How big should the frame be?

thanks in advance!

Comment

Give yourself 6in atleast for the sides

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
                        Reviving this thread. I’m going w a Carl’s preferred screen and it has holes for bungees on it. Using metal piping for frame etc. Screen is 16x9. How big should the frame be?

thanks in advance!
                        Check out the link below. Look under the 'How-To and How-Not-To' section then 'How Do I Install My Impact Screen' topic. They recommend 2" on each side of the screen. So frame would be 4" wider than the screen size.
                        Fore! Look Out Golf Screen Help is Ahead. Carl's Golf Impact Screen questions and answers.

Comment

I mounted my Carl’s preferred screen with a two inch gap from the frame.

Comment

My 10' wide screen is mounted inside a 10' 8" space, so 4" on each side. Works great and the standard little bungee packs at Hope Depot did the trick

Comment

Working...
                            X