Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allsport hanging (rolls up to ceiling) or Par2Pro (retractable w/ netting)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allsport hanging (rolls up to ceiling) or Par2Pro (retractable w/ netting)?

Hello,
    I am trying to jump into the Simulator world with the limitations of budget and the need to be able to park cars in my garage when not in use.
    I am going with Skytrak.
    I'll be installing some kind of enclosure / screen that is perpendicular to the how the cars park. That way I will have plenty of space, it will be positioned well for the computer (there is an ethernet port nearby if I set it up that way), and I won't have to move my garage door openers.
    Ok, now on to the real question. Because I need to park cars when the simulator is not in use . . . I am looking at either a retractable screen from Par2Pro or a hanging minibay or superbay from Allsport and then trying to figure out how to get the hanging sides and screen to roll up and attach to the ceiling.
    I am waiting on Cory to send me an estimate on a screen and netting for sides / ceiling. (Netting on sides / ceiling is all I could afford after blowing $1,000+ on the screen.)
    While I wait, has anyone gone the Allsport route? The bottom sounds easy enough, just slide the heavy chains out of the bottom. But has anyone come up with a easy way to roll everything up and hook it up on the ceiling? Is this a viable option or a colossal pain in the put that just won't work?
    The Par2Pro sounds easier with a retractable screen but will be a way way more expensive route - but it may be worth it (perhaps the netting I can just hang and take down vs. Allsport it will be presumably mounted and I'll need to roll the sides and screen up.).
    On the other hand maybe Allsport would be easy to do and be way way cheaper.
    ?????
    I really appreciate any input you have!!!
    Best regards,
    Michael M.

What are your budget limitations? That answer will drive what could be done. The cheapest would be to use something like PR20 or similar screen and slide it in and out as needed. I had a setup like this at one time and it was very easy and quick to setup. The screen would hang from a rod and slide like a shower curtain and then i would attach it with bungees to side wall. Going from something like this to the allsport retractable system is about an $800 or more difference. Do you have both L and R hand play? If not then you really only need a side curtain on one side.

Comment

I use a a 16 foot sportscreen and attached the Par2Pro SQ raw screen on top of it. I roll the screen up when not in use.I attached it to the side railings of the garage. Their is a really good post on here on the setup I copied. I just cant remember who posted it. The Par2 pro screen is very reasonable and great quality and sportscreen I think it was $250 or $300. The good thing about going 14 or 16 feet you dont really need to worry about side panels.

Comment

I am thinking around $5,000 (for Skytrak, screen, netting, with some left over to put into used projector and Skytrak software) but I don't want to get anything I will regret either. If it isn't decent it won't be as much fun to use. As such I am willing to pay the extra $250 for the HD screen with Allsport vs. standard. Making sense?
        Only right handers so good point about the side screen.
        So you are saying I should just consider getting a screen with grommets and hang it? I looked at Carl's stuff and it looks more expensive than the entire Allsport hanging enclosure. I looked at West Cost Netting and PR20 and was concerned as it didn't look like it was right for HD projection and was raw material (no grommets) which scared me.
        Definitely more comfortable getting something built and then trying to figure out how to use it and hide it away when not in use. Having said that . . . if there is something idiot proof and simple that I haven't thought of . . . I welcome input. Wbond . . . maybe that is what you are suggesting I just can't envision it yet.
        Michael M.

Comment

Originally posted by sherrow70 View Post
          I use a a 16 foot sportscreen and attached the Par2Pro SQ raw screen on top of it. I roll the screen up when not in use.I attached it to the side railings of the garage. Their is a really good post on here on the setup I copied. I just cant remember who posted it. The Par2 pro screen is very reasonable and great quality and sportscreen I think it was $250 or $300. The good thing about going 14 or 16 feet you dont really need to worry about side panels.
          It may have been Thundergolf who posted it. Is your setup remote controlled? Any photos to share?

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...-impact-screen

I just got my 10ft Sportscreen and SQ Raw Screen from Par2 Pro. Par 2 Pros stealth screen, which is a motorized Sportscreen, comes with an SQ screen and that's all that is on it from what I understand. I opted to order the two seperately and velcro it on to save the $400 on the prebuil, nicely finished, stealth Screen. I am on the fence about attaching both screens to the roller since par2 pro doesn't do that..

I like the remote controlled screen idea. Press of a button and the garage is back to normal. Granted more expensive.

I'm in the midst of my build which sounds like what the OP is after, details are here:

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...k-garage-build

I would agree, the wider you go the less the need for side panels. I'm not planning to have any rookies over so I was thinking even a 10 ft wide screen doesn't require a side net either? Should I reconsider this as well? I thought to possibly just use the Sportscreen as a ceiling net or side net.
          Last edited by Fran M; 12-08-2018, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Kevin Blenkhorn
            Kevin Blenkhorn commented
            Editing a comment
            I plan on running curtains on a retractable curtain rail...You can buy long ones on amazon..heavy black...then you can always tie them up out of the way.

Not remote controlled. I just have the par 2pro screen Velcro to my sportsscreen. I’ll try to post some pics but won’t be until next weekend I have a top netting that is attached. It is also retractable. I only have it coming out about six feet from screen any further and your follow through could hit it.

Comment

Reply to Sherrow70,
            So you are saying get the screens from Pro2Par but don’t spend money on the retractable system right? And then roll them manually and put them away by taking down or attaching rollers up on ceiling? A little confused as you say not remote controlled but later say the ceiling part is “also retractable.” I thought the only retractable they had was remote controlled. (Actually, I recall Cory mentioning that in non-remote controlled motorized option was available but that it really wasn’t any cheaper than a manual retractable.)
            Am I following?
            I am looking forward to pictures.

Comment

SportScreen do 2 different versions. A remote control one with a motor in it, and one that you attach a hand crank to and wind up.
            The manual 16ft one is $350 vs the powered one at $580. I’ve got the powered one from Par2Pro, and it goes up/down at the press of a button - and takes less than 20 seconds.

Comment

Can you send a link here or through private message of the cheaper option as all I see is the one for $1,171 (16’ retractable) https://www.par2pro.com/shop/product...jqn3nd1d940a45

Thanks,
              Michael

Comment

I don’t know if Par2Pro offer the non motorised version?
                You can see it here: https://www.thesportscreen.com/product/16-ft-manual/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael M. View Post
                  Can you send a link here or through private message of the cheaper option as all I see is the one for $1,171 (16’ retractable) https://www.par2pro.com/shop/product...jqn3nd1d940a45

Thanks,
                  Michael
                  Michael,

On Par2pro's website, select from the drop down menu "operation". The hand crank version is $150 less

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps View Post
                    SportScreen do 2 different versions. A remote control one with a motor in it, and one that you attach a hand crank to and wind up.
                    The manual 16ft one is $350 vs the powered one at $580. I’ve got the powered one from Par2Pro, and it goes up/down at the press of a button - and takes less than 20 seconds.
                    Can you post a close up picture of the screen edge of the Par2pros stealth screen? Is it finished in a black vinyl?

Comment

• p3eps
                      p3eps commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not sure where you mean... but there is nothing black on my screen at all.
                      All edges are white, as is the Velcro for attaching it to the SportScreen.

It says manual is 8 and 10' only though.
                    Originally posted by Fran M View Post

Michael,

On Par2pro's website, select from the drop down menu "operation". The hand crank version is $150 less

https://www.par2pro.com/shop/product...roducts_id=490

Comment

Originally posted by sherrow70 View Post
                      Not remote controlled. I just have the par 2pro screen Velcro to my sportsscreen. I’ll try to post some pics but won’t be until next weekend I have a top netting that is attached. It is also retractable. I only have it coming out about six feet from screen any further and your follow through could hit it.
                      I am in process of installing a sim in my garage also, similar to domino's. How is the SQ Raw screen holding up for you? When you purchased both the sportsscreen and Par2Pro SQ Raw, did you have them do any modifications to their screens for velcro, hem, etc?

Comment

The screen is holding up very well. When I purchased the screen and sportscreen I did tell them what I was doing. The sportsreen people but a Velcro on the top to make it easy to attach the par2pro they did a great job. I was very happy with their service.

Comment

Working...
                        X