Has anyone tried this mat? Looks cool but can't find it in North America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried this mat? Looks cool but can't find it in North America

I've been researching mats to death, and have basically decided that I need to get all of them LOL. I bought a CCE strip, a Fiberbuilt flight deck is on its way, and I'm sourcing materials for DIY TrueStrike and DIY DivotAction... heck, eventually I might even try the DIY MagStrike

All this and I haven't even moved in to my new house yet!! This site is so addictive that I can't wait to get started on the SIM that I'll be building three seconds after I move in...

Anyway, back to my original question... There's a Chinese golf mat company and a couple of their products look really interesting... I was wondering if anyone has tried them.

YGT-T35 golf mat, and the YGT-3D mat (which looks really cool IMO)

It looks like you can get a 5' x 5' mat for $200 USD, but I don't know about shipping... it would probably cost a fortune

That’s the one I have I think. Looks very similar from memory anyway. I’m in the middle of the North Sea at the moment, so I can’t double check!
    It cost me about £400 including the heavy surround and ball tray (which I don’t use). I bought it from range master golf in Scotland.

Comment

If it is the 3D mat that you have, I'd be interested to get your thoughts on it. Especially if you've experience with the CCE and/or Fiberbuilt mats that get so much attention. I guess that answer will have to wait a while lol

In the meantime.... stay warm!

Comment

I don’t know which one is which - the one I have is the one in the link you posted. Is that the 3D one?
        I have only used mine and a CCE, so don’t have much to compare. I found that although mine can’t have a tee pushed directly into it, the feeling of hitting the ball is very similar. You get punished by fat shots, but they are still quite forgiving on the wrists. I feel like I can hit down on the ball quite well, and it feels pretty consistent to the type of grass I have at my local courses.
        Bare in mind I am in Scotland where the grass isn’t nearly as ‘fluffy’ as the stuff I usually see when I play in America!

Comment

• gnomike
          gnomike commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, the link I posted goes to the 3D one. The other one, the T35, is also on the site though

I've tried a lot of mats and have one similar to that one. Mine does not have the same center layer as that one. Looks like it might make it easier on the back and wrists. If you get it, post up how it works for you.

I can say the Fiberbuilt mat has been my favorite. A little more penile on fat shots, but it acts more like grass then the others.

Comment

• gnomike
          gnomike commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the FB would be even more popular if people didn't have problems putting from it. I'm looking forward to trying it out. As for the T35 & YGT-3D, I'll definitely post info on them if I end up having one shipped.

• aja
          aja commented
          Editing a comment
          The FB is a hitting mat. Why would you putt from it?

That's like saying it sucks to putt from the fairway. Just sayin'.

• gnomike
          gnomike commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe they are fans of the Texas wedge? Seriously, though, obviously no one would putt from it for putting practice. duh. It's sim golf and some technologies have restricted hitting zones.
          Last edited by gnomike; 03-10-2018, 09:22 PM. Reason: typo

Penal not penile

Comment

I found a review that compares the T35, the CCE, the FiberBuilt, and the TrueStrike. Not the greatest review, but it did give some good information and was worth watching.

Comment

This look similar?

Comment

That's it for sure.... they even used the pic from the manufacturer's website. Nice find! They are selling it for $100 above cost, and that doesn't include shipping, so not a bad deal. Do you have one?

I actually reached out to the company directly and have two samples (the 3D & the T35) on their way to me already.... roughly 13" x 26" each. I'll try them out & post a review

Comment

I don't have one. I'm in the process of sorting out what hitting station I am going to use. I like the thought of a Synlawn Precision putt pro with a gel insert underneath. I to have right and left handed setups so this would make it much simpler.

Comment

I ordered two hitting strips from the company in China and they arrive tomorrow! It will be cool to test them out alongside my CCE & FiberBuilt hitting strips, as well as my DIY get TrueStrike once it's made... too funny, i'll have 5 hitting strips before my sim even gets built lol... that's called addiction

Comment

The Chinese mats are in. I haven’t had a chance to test them all side by side, but here are a couple of pics
                    Please forgive my ghetto measuring reference LOL I’m in the middle of a move and couldn’t find a tape measure anywhere

Top to bottom:
                    - YGT-3D
                    - YGT-T35
                    - CCE
                    - FiberBuilt

Comment

I bought a T35 mat from Phil at Hybridme and am very pleased with it. Really nice to hit off, however it is a bit squishy underfoot so I use a separate stance mat. I've never hit off CCE, Truestrike etc so can't compare but I am very happy with my T35. Fat shots will be punished, although maybe not as much as what I have read about the CCE. The T35 also takes tees, however I still use my Tomahawks because I just love 'em! It's also a good enough surface to putt off...

Comment

• gnomike
                        gnomike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Totally agree with the squishiness... Originally I got the hitting strips for testing, thinking that I would buy a full mat of the one I liked the best. Now I have a stance mat that I will cut out. The CCE is a bit firmer for hitting, but otherwise pretty similar to the T35, although I haven't used either one extensively yet. I've heard about the tomahawk tees & will def have to try them out

Originally posted by gnomike View Post
                      That's it for sure.... they even used the pic from the manufacturer's website. Nice find! They are selling it for $100 above cost, and that doesn't include shipping, so not a bad deal. Do you have one?

I actually reached out to the company directly and have two samples (the 3D & the T35) on their way to me already.... roughly 13" x 26" each. I'll try them out & post a review
                      Can you share the contact info? I'd like to buy some samples.

Comment

• gnomike
                        gnomike commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Steven is the rep I was dealing with.... relatively good engrish (lol) and seriously fast to respond to communications. You might even mention that you were referred by Mike in Vancouver.

YANTAI YGT CO.,LTD.
                        en.yuhegolfmats.com
                        TEL:+86 535 6710298
                        FAX:+86 535 6710298
                        Email:steven@yuhegolfmats.com

Hi gnomike

I'm in touch with Steven...would you mind giving us your feedback about the mat ? Could you share some pictures ?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X