Fiberbuilt 1x4 strip info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberbuilt 1x4 strip info

I was quoted $229 direct from fiberbuilt, which seems high. But I cannot find just the 1x4 strip anywhere else, even ebay. I thought I saw others on this forum getting it for $40 per panel (so $160 for a 4-panel strip).

Is there any other place to buy this that has it cheaper than $229?

I did not find any other source when I was looking. I also saw people quoting $40 a square foot, but I found no proof of it anywhere… Maybe old pricing?

I bought a 1x3’ from them and, if I recall correctly, it was about $180. Keep in mind that this is more than a rubber mat with plastic turf on top… (e.g. CCE) The squares of FB brush are attached secured with metal brackets... super heavy duty!

Comment

I paid $155.00 for mine a 1' x 3' back on 8/30/2016 plus $37.00 shipping for a total of $192.00.

Comment

$54.95 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergolf View Post
          $54.95 shipped
          More info, please?

Comment

That's the price i was quoted per 1x1 panel
            Last edited by Thundergolf; 05-06-2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

I recently spoke to Fiberbuilt and was also quoted $228 for the 4'x1' panel. I paid $185 for the same 4'x1' panel in 2016.

Comment

I received a similar quote as well...The 12’’ x 12’’ Fiberbuilt Grass mats are $54.99 each and that includes free shipping. The other is the Fiberbuilt Grass panel 1’ x 4’ panel, those cost $229.99 with free shipping.

Comment

I got the same price. It apparently is 1.5inches tall, anyone know what to do for a stance mat?

Comment

I just ordered a 4-panel strip of the nylon fairway turf. I will either place it next to my CCE mat, or cut out a 1x2 foot hole in the CCE to drop the fiberbuilt in.

Hopefully the fiberbuilt will:

1) feel better

2) be less punishing on joints

3) allow me to chip easier (its hard to chip with high lofts on the rock-hard CCE mat..its like chipping on concrete)

4) still allow me to putt when playing TGC.

Comment

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    1-yes
                    2-without a doubt
                    3-yessssss it's so much better
                    4-yes

• cobig13
                    cobig13 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do you have any pics of your setup? Curious how you would drop a 4 panel Fiberbuilt strip into a 1x2 ft hole on your CCE. My 4 panel Fiberbuilt strip is on the way to me. Currently have a 4x5' CCE.

Is this more like a possible insert.so it’s 1 foot by 2. I have the divot action insert and just got but thinking I’m not going to like. My build will be completed this weekend and will be able to try it out but always been interested in the fiberbuilt but didn’t want to buy a whole new mat.

Comment

Anybody knows the difference between the fairway grass and the nylon fairway grass? Also, how do the panels stick together? It there some kind of frame included?

Comment

• sherrow70
                    sherrow70 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Any respect nose on this? I want order.

Panels lock together like interlocked puzzle pieces.

Comment

I got my 1x4 panel today...and I have to get a replacement. I had asked to get one without any tee holes, but they sent me the standard version with tee holes. Hopefully the exchange process wont be a hassle..but it always is with items this heavy.

But I did try it out, and took some pics.

- Its very heavy. I was going to cut out a 1x2 section of my CCE, or build a frame for it. I may still do that, but its heavy enough that it will sit next to the CCE directly on the floor and will not move.

- Its very well built. The bottom material that interlocks together is very heavy-duty. The steel frame they include is also nice.

- It feels SO MUCH BETTER than the CCE.

- Chipping and short wedge shots are way better than CCE. Its like chipping with a good lie on the first cut of rough in real life.

- I can hit a 3W off the deck with the fiberbuilt, could never do that with the rock-hard CCE. To be fair I dont often do it in real life, but at least its an option now and I can practice it.

- Putting...may be an issue. I havent tried TGC yet to confirm, but the ball rolls incredibly slow on the fiberbuilt. It does roll, so I will live with it, but it may take some getting used to. Its worth the tradeoff though.

- Its about 1.7 inches tall, from the bottom, to the tip of the bristles. This is about 0.2" taller than the CCE. But the ball sits down about 0.1 inches. When standing on the CCE and hitting of the fiberbuilt, it posed no problems. It didnt feel awkward at all.

Overall this thing is amazing. Its my third mat (monster tee, then CCE, now fiberbuilt). I wish I have have bought it first.

Pics attached.

Comment

• butette
                      butette commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I was going to get some as an addition to my CCE mat but seeing the close-up picture (#4) and the comment about it being like a good lie on the first cut of rough in real life, makes me think I don't really want it after all. The kind of fairway I play on is hard and tight, nothing like that.

Looks really nice but before I pull trigger. I would be very interested to see what you say about the putting or maybe somebody else else might have some feedback?

Comment

• petroche
                      petroche commented
                      Editing a comment
                      OK I will jump in with a few putting comments. I putt on my Fiberbuilt hitting strip, I have no problems putting on SkyTrak and TGC. What I would like to emphasize is that in "my opinion" if you are looking for realistic putting, I have not experienced it on any of the simulator setups that I have used and I've used quite a few. If you normally play a course with slowish flattish greens and then go play on fast undulating greens, guess what, you have to adjust your putting to suit. I enjoy putting in my simulator because it's consistent, it may not be realistic, but, I adjust my putting to suit and do my best under the circumstances. Bottom line for me is, if you want assurances that buying a particular hitting mat will guarantee realistic putting, I don't believe you will find it. I practice putting for the real world on a Big Moss Admiral green as it's the closest I could find to my home course green speed. I can't integrate that into my simulator however as I have to play and putt from the SkyTrak laser dot.
                  Working...
                  X