Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberbuilt systems - for those who bought theirs on sale

Hello,
    I've read most of the forum posts re: Fiberbuilt systems and I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of their 4x7 studio mats.

I also noticed several people mentioned holiday sales where the price was much more reasonable. Does anyone know if they typically have black friday and/or christmas sales?

Originally posted by bkh8
    has anyone tried this flight deck ? it looks like the ball would always be slightly elevated compared to your stance... I dont think that would be ideal.
    Yes. I have a Flight Deck. I got it from Amazon for around $75(just the hitting mat, not the stance part). It’s a little odd with the tee where it is, would have rather them put it to the side instead of front/back. It’s a good mat other than that.

I also purchased this, not 100% sure I’m going to keep it, we’ll see when it gets here. Really got it for the stance pad but can’t hurt to have another mat.

Comment

Thanks for the post...order mine for the $199. I was looking at getting one of these awhile back but at $400 it was just too steep!

Comment

Mine is on the way from Costco also, $225. Thanks!

Comment

This looks like it would be tough to work with a skytrak system since you have to hit from the same spot. It doesn't look wide enough in the stance area.

Comment

• frodaddy00
            frodaddy00 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just put mine together yesterday.. have not hit with my SkyTrak yet but the stance is more than enough both side-to-side and behind you even for a driver so no worries there.

Hopefully we get a good review here on the Fiberbuilt practice station from Costco using the Skytrak.

Comment

I got my box yesterday and put it together. It is a breeze to put together just like 5 pieces that drop onto each other kinda like rubber LEGOs. I've hit on a flight deck before so the ball characteristics should be just fine.

My first impressions...
            1. This thing is pretty hefty so you won't have to worry about it sliding around
            2. It is tall.. at least 2 inches. This is a little bit of a concern for those (like me) with low ceilings in their sim room.

Comment

• NVONEPUTT
              NVONEPUTT commented
              Editing a comment
              How’s it work with the Skytrak being so tall?

• frodaddy00
              frodaddy00 commented
              Editing a comment
              I use armor case and it has adjustable feet on the bottom via long bolts and nuts.

• NVONEPUTT
              NVONEPUTT commented
              Editing a comment
              As do I. It works fine? Wasn’t sure how high and if any limit on the height. 😎

frodaddy00 Let us know when you hit with a ST, if there is an issue going from driver to wedge and hitting from the same spot. Is the width of the stance mat, only 3'?

Comment

It is tapered but the widest section in the back (where you'd stand with driver) is 36-37 inches. I will post some pics and report back on how SkyTrak is working with it when I move the ball around in my stance. Personally I only move a couple of ball lengths forward or backward so the 36 inches should be plenty for me.

Comment

OK here is my initial review and some pics of my setup before/after Fiberbuilt Practice Station setup.

Disclaimer: Some of these photos have been rotated strangely when I uploaded them... not sure how to fix so just save/rotate if you need to :P

I had one misread out of about 20 swings so very happy with that. I setup my SkyTrak to pick up the ball right in the middle of the hitting section. For most clubs I left it here.

Ball characteristics were very good on SkyTrak and nothing seemed off. Man this mat feels good to hit even better than my DIY DivotAction you see in one of my photos!

Sand wedge - ball in middle, feet centered
                9 Iron - ball in middle, feet centered
                5 Iron - moved ball 1 ball forward, feet centered
                3 Hybrid - moved ball 1 ball forward, feet centered
                3 Wood - moved ball 1 ball forward, feet centered
                Driver - moved ball 1 ball forward, feet back 1 ball

So the valid concern mentioned above is that SkyTrak is picky and has a very small window it will see the ball. I am happy to report that so far this platform gives me enough room to shuffle my feet a bit back (to the right) if needed so that I only needed to move the ball one ball forward. I put a couple of pics in here with my driver stance vs. wedge stance. I hope that makes sense.

I only hit 20-30 balls for just a few minutes but thumbs up so far!

p.s. The only downside so far is that tomahawk tees are a no go.. they sink into the fibers too much and fall over. Luckily I had these rubber tees and they worked very well (pictured in photos).

Comment

Thanks for the write up and pics. I had to switch from the tomahawk to an aerospark tee for the same reasons when I went to the fiberbuilt mat. It's the same kind, just taller than the largest tomahawk. I think the fiberbuilt is really good to hit from, especially since i have an elbow issue. I guess some of it depends upon how wide of a stance one takes and how much the ST window can accommodate. Looks to be a good option for GC2 since their window is much larger.

Comment

Well, i ended up getting one of these and it came yesterday. The base is a very soft flexible rubber. For me it feels too soft, kind of like standing in the fairway in area that's really wet, where you can see your footprints in the ground. It's well made, quite heavy, doesn't move around. However, it's more than likely going back to costco.

Comment

Originally posted by wbond View Post
                      Well, i ended up getting one of these and it came yesterday. The base is a very soft flexible rubber. For me it feels too soft, kind of like standing in the fairway in area that's really wet, where you can see your footprints in the ground. It's well made, quite heavy, doesn't move around. However, it's more than likely going back to costco.
                      I guess I didn't think anything of the firmness of the footing on mine. Seems just fine to me, I've been wearing a variety of different shoes and haven't had any issues.

I really like the fact that it breaks down quickly into 5 different pieces. I'm in a garage puling double duty so I can get this setup and broken down in about 30 seconds which keeps the wife happy.

This is my first mat, so I don't have any comparisons, but I've been hitting 100+ balls a night the last couple of nights and don't feel any issues. I've struggled with hitting off mats at golf galaxy etc in the past and have a back that is prone to spasm-ing from jarring and there has been zero concern here.

I can definitely sense when I hit something fat, though it does tend to slide into decent contact. This seems most prevalent when hitting chips and pitch shots, where I know I've had shots that I could see slide into the ball along the turf that would have likely been chunked in real life.

All in all I'm very pleased with mine.

What are you guys using for tee's on yours? I will say using the rubber tee that comes with it is a bit of a pain, having to spin the pad around and insert the tee every time I need to hit driver.

Comment

• frodaddy00
                        frodaddy00 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am using these rubber tees.

• wbond
                        wbond commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The fiberbuilt part is great. I already have two 1'x1' fb squares. You can use birtee or aerospark tees. The aerospark is the same as a tomahawk tee, but taller. The tallest tomahawk tee sinks in to far on the fiberbuilt for driver. That way you can put the hole in the back and don't need to flip the strip back and forth.

I've used the Fiberbuilt practice station a few times now and my SkyTrak seems to be much happier picking up the ball on it versus my old mat. Maybe its just random luck or maybe its that the mat doesn't move as much as my DIY DivotAction or maybe its the dark green fibers?? At any rate that was an unexpected bonus.

Ball striking feels very good and fat shots get punished distance-wise but not on my back or joints. Also a big plus.

The only drawback for me so far is more aesthetics than anything else. I have a 6x10 foot mat that runs along to my hitting net and this practice station sits behind it now. My ceiling is too low to place this on top of that mat. I come very close to scraping my ceiling on 3w/driver shots and sometimes if I swing too steep I scrape the ceiling.

It looks a little funny in this setup and there is a height gap of an inch or so between my 6x10 runner and the practice station. This means my Net Return fires balls back to me but its a little bit of dexterity to get the ball back onto the hitting surface.

I am thinking I may eventually either get 1 or more of the 12"x12" fiberbuilt squares and cut into my runner.. or maybe get one of their larger 4x7 rectangle studio mats. But honestly I'm just being nitpicky this thing is working pretty well all things considered. I'm glad I got it at half price.

Comment

I have a brand new one unopened I am looking to sell. Ordered to just hit balls into a net, but now I am working on full build out. I am located outside Charlotte NC. zip code 29708. I will sell for my cost $230 plus shipping. Package is 66#, 25" x 12" x25".

Comment

I received my Fiberbuilt flight deck and mat from Costco and wanted to give my feedback. I am coming from a DIY true strike which has worked well but my overlying mat is starting to deform. Agree with others that with Skytrak there was no problem with picking up shots accurately. Fat shots are punished appropriately. Very easy on joints. The only issue that I had was that I did slip a few times when hitting driver. It might have been the sneakers I was wearing but it will be something I will be tracking.

Very easy to set up quickly. I use it in my garage but also park cars there so I appreciate quick set up and tear down. It is heavy enough that it does not shift on concrete. It is a little difficult to get aligned with my screen. I have a laser level which helps significantly. There is enough space to hit wedges all the way to driver without moving the Skytrak laser dot but just barely.

I'm happy to answer any questions! Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X