Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Thundergolf (NET and GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Open Hawaii !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - CareerBuilder Challenge with 2 rounds at PGA West (Palmer) Thursday : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...lder-challenge
See more
See less

Flooring between Screan and Mat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring between Screan and Mat

I am looking for ideas for a surface between the screen and hitting Mat. Please let me know what you used.

I use foam interconnecting tiles that you see in gyms. My hitting area is in the garage so I needed something soft to minimize any bouncing.

Comment

I actually constructed a fold down system in my garage. Built from wood almost like you would build a deck, but I used low cost studs.. Covered it with outdoor carpeting and completed it with a $65 winch to pull it against the wall. It is pretty awesome actually and allows me to turn my golf course back to a garage in about 3 minutes. I have pics if you are interested.

Comment

I use 4x6 rubber stall mats from TSC as the subfloor except for area where mat is. I have.a 5x5 Rawhide grade A mat. I.looked at getting turf but costs were too high. I called synlawn places all over midwest. I went to a local carpet store and bought a 12x14 commercial carpet remnant and had the edges bound like an area rug. When I put remnant rug down I cut out a square for my hitting mat so it lies recessed into the carpet nearly level. I can easily putt straight off the hitting mat and ball rolls like a fast smooth green. Here is a construction picture before finishing screen enclosure.

Comment

Interlocking foam tiles. Quiet and easy on club heads.

Comment

• jrz
            jrz commented
            Editing a comment
            Does anyone know how to rotate photos when posting?

• FirGir
            FirGir commented
            Editing a comment
            jrz not sure this helps but I have much better luck on this forum with my images not randomly rotating if I use the Upload Attachments button on the right v the Share Photos button on the left. No clue why.

• jrz
            jrz commented
            Editing a comment
            I haven’t tried that, but definitely will. Thank you.

Originally posted by jrz View Post
          You can open it in something like photoshop , rotate it and re save.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_10183 (1).jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.0 KB ID:	178743
            Originally posted by jrz View Post
            JRZ, Here you go!
            Last edited by trhuke; 01-12-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• trhuke
              trhuke commented
              Editing a comment
              Eh, it just uploaded the thumbnail.....

I bought some inexpensive astroturf off a big roll at Lowes and put cheap carpet padding under it. Cost about $35 and helps keep balls from bouncing all over the place. I also took another about 8x6 foot of cheap carpet padding and rolled it and wrapped it in an old sheet for a bumper at the bottom of the screen. A bad shot, (not that I've ever done that mind you) hitting the padded frame at the bottom of the screen was still coming off it with plenty of velocity. Saves a lot of scary bad shot caroms (and I don't spend time chasing golf balls around my garage).

Comment

I got this from eBay. 8x12 for $170. Decent quality and deadens the ball while looking professional. Because I had a protege putting system I raised it with foam insulation boards.

Comment

Working...
              X