TrueStrike or Fiberbuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueStrike or Fiberbuilt

Currently using CCE but I am looking into getting either a Truestrike or a fiberbuilt. Looking for pros and cons of both from people who actually used both. I like my CCE but can be a little rough on the elbow with my swing path.

Any advice that you all can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Disclosure: I have truestrike but have to hit off fibrebuilt at commercial sim.

For my money, with the Skytrak it's truestrike all day long. Set it up with gel panel far right and use tomahawk tees and you never have to move the unit for RH play. Very soft on wrists and elbows. Perhaps a little forgiving, but I'll take it for the lack of pain...

Comment

• garalf
      garalf commented
      Editing a comment
      My one complaint with Fiberbuilt is that it's too forgiving on fat shots - which tends to be my problem. I have never hit off another mat. Is true strike less forgiving does anyone know?

• ganders75
      ganders75 commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably more forgiving, to be honest. You do get the “bounce into the ball effect” on a slight fat strike. I have a tfcc tear in my left wrist, so a padded forgiving mat is a must have - I’m happy with the trade off.

I also love my true strike and never move my GC2. I also use tomahawk tees. I have hit off fiberbuilt at other sims and it seems fine. I think I read putting off true strike was an issue, but not sure.

Comment

I had a CCE mat, but upgraded to a Fiberbuilt. I've tried out the true strike and it seemed ok.

As you can see I'm using the CCE as a stand mat now. I've really enjoyed the FB.
      Attached Files

Comment

Im very happy with my FB and have no complaints about the putting.

Comment

another vote for fiber built. I hit a lot of balls and never a issue with pain. Tru strikes are nice as well but I like the fiber built better, feels like I can really get under it with my wedges.

Comment

I gotta go with FB as well. Definitely no pain issues with this.

Comment

I initially got suckered in to buying a CCE mat, but now I use that for a stance mat only with a 3' x 1' Fiberbuilt hitting strip. I put some rug gripper down underneath the side edge of my CCE and my Fiberbuilt sits completely on the rug gripper so it doesn't move in my garage when I'm hitting. It works great!! I used to have to adjust things quite a bit after hitting a few shots, but now everything seems to stay put fairly well. I will probably eventually put rug gripper under my entire CCE mat so it doesn't shift even a little bit after firing my lower body. I put all of this away after hitting so it's very portable. I want to park 2 of our cars in the garage so the 3rd stall is where my big cage is. I hit outside the cage in the middle spot so I back both of the cars out each time. It's a little extra work, but I absolutely love my simulator.

Comment

• JKCapeCod
                JKCapeCod commented
                Editing a comment
                I currently have a CCE Matt and are looking at insert options. How difficult was it to cut? Can you post a couple pictures. Thanks

I can't comment on Truestrike since I've never tried one but I had a CCE and it was blowing up my arms and hands. Switched to Fiberbuilt, couldn't be happier. And my poor hands are finally better....

Comment

Both the TrueStrike and the FiberBuilt will seem dreamy compared to your CCE lol Not that the CCE is bad, it's just that it is so much more punishing on shots that are even a little fat. Right now my FB is out of play, but only because when I installed turf in my sim room I made a DIY DivotAction insert that I'll use until it wears thin. Then I'll cut my FB back in or try a DIY TrueStrike. I have to admit that I am really liking the clean look of the sim right now

Comment

Ok so the votes seem pretty even. I know to replace the truestrike hitting surface is like $99 and to replace gel and hitting surface is $385. What I can't find is how much the fiberbuilt replacement hitting surface cost or if it is even possible to replace the hitting surface on the fiberbuilt. This is the fiberbuilt I am considering
                  And this is the truestrike I am considering.
                  Order the Fiberbuilt 4' x 5' Single Sided Performance Golf Mat today. Free Shipping and Price Match Guarantee on all of our Fiberbuilt products. Order today & start practicing the right way.

Comment

• trhuke
                    trhuke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have the Fiberbuilt and I can't imagine it wearing out anytime soon. If it did you could just replace one panel of the hitting strip, but I doubt you'll ever
                    need to.

• trhuke
                    trhuke commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've beat the living hell out of my Fiberbilt for 15 months now and it really isn't showing any wear at all. Plus, with three panels you could just switch them around if they ever wore out, which I doubt they will before the sun burns out,,,,

This TrueStrike Single Golf Mat is aimed primarily at golf professionals and driving ranges but if you have the space it’s also great at home too. Hitting off a TrueStrike like the Single Golf Mat rather than ordinary mats means the “fairway forgiveness” effect will actually help to improve your game by replicating shots you would play on the fairway.

Comment

I have the Fiberbuilt mat. Really helped my back and no more wrist problems. Elbows feel better also.

Comment

based off my research and the posts you all have left I am leaning towards the TrueStrike. I like how the Truestrike looks, seems like it will putt truer then the fiberbuilt. Although I still could be swayed to a fiberbuilt. Ultimately I don't think I will be disappointed with either or. The truestrike is out of stock everywhere currently. So me being impatient I may just get the fiberbuilt. My main concern with the fiberbuilt is that it is a little to forgiving and putting is real slow.

Comment

Fiberbuilt. I can't see using anything different. 1x4 cost me around$250 ish included shipping. Im not sure what the cost is on 1x1, 1x2 or 1x3.
                        I had cce and got elbow tendinitis. Man cce was brutal even on solid ball strikes.

Comment

Working...
                        X