Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's everyone using for putting green turf..?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone using for putting green turf..?!?

I've looked through here and can't seem to find common ground or much info on a go-to putting surface. I'm planning to lay it over plywood (8-10'W x 17'L) and would like to stay under $2 sq ft, but don't want to buy a minimum of 20' x 50' etc. I was at Lowe's earlier today testing out different indoor/outdoor carpeting, yes with my putter and a ball (the most fun 4 employees had in awhile according to them), and it's like putting on glass. So, I'm also looking for something medium or medium-slow speed. What would that be for a stimp rating?!? ...I have no idea and any help would be awesome. What would you say gene438 Wizard of Coz wbond ? Thank you all sincerely in advance.

Turf was the most expensive part of my setup.....good luck trying to find something decent under $2.00 I went with SynLawn.

Comment

Thanks gene438 Which version of the SynLawn do you use and how fast/slow is it with/without infill?

Comment

I used STI NP50 to create a putting station. I like it, rolls true and has decent speed. i got it as a remnant at the local golf show.

Comment

Thanks wbond It looks great and I will be investigating...and searching for that remnant price.

Comment

I use STI Pro Putt.. it has a 5mm foam backing on the bottom. I combined that with 1 inch exercise foam underneath which gives me a height almost dead even to Fiberbuilt strips I installed.

Comment

I just ordered starpro master putting turf but fear I'm going to regret it. Is the STI pro putt better frodaddy00? I still have an option to return it.

Also is the sti pro putt the same as the np-50 but just with the backing?

Comment

• bbjr
                bbjr commented
                Editing a comment
                I have had the Starpro Master turf for a couple of years, and I love it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

I just ordered the 36 UR from turf factory direct. Theey say it's about a 7 to 8 stimp which is exactly what I'm looking for, and it was $1.75 sq ft. They sell others as well, and claim to keep their costs down because they manufacture it and ship it themselves. That makes sense, but the proof will be in the pudding and I will report back.

Click here to find quality putting green turf. Are you a golf enthusiast looking to set up a green for indoor or outdoor use? For consumers and businesses, Turf Factory Direct is the best option available for meeting your golf needs.

Comment

frodaddy00 Where did you order your STI pro putt from? synthetic-turf.com?

Comment

I purchased mine from Turf Monkey. Some company I called about turf ended up sending me to these guys and the price seemed reasonable.

Going from memory the official STI product name is Pro Putt but when you find resellers, such as Turf Monkey, it goes by the name "One Putt". I believe its the same thing.

Last edited by frodaddy00; 11-15-2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Great, thanks frodaddy00. It's hard to find turf that can be delivered for less than $400.

Turf factory direct ships for $99, not sure if this is good turf or not:
                    Click here to purchase Turf Factory Direct Putting Elite turf. For the best turf for indoor putting greens, look no further! Turf Factory Direct has you covered for all of your synthetic grass needs.

Pro putt looks like they deliver for $125:
                    TourPutt Ultimate Putting Turf is known as the best putting turf available anywhere - with a 10 year warranty and realistic bent grass look and feel.

Anyone know anything about those? I'll see how my star pro is when it gets here this week, if it's too slow or wobbly I'll try one of these I think. Thanks for the help!

Let me know how the turf is DejaVu.

Comment

• DejaVu
                      DejaVu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey NateWrx just an update.. ..I got the TFD 36 UR in, finally laid it down and I'm a little bit disappointed. It rolls faster than they described, it has some lines in it (maybe because it was rolled up for awhile before I could install it), and it doesn't roll true. However, they recommend gluing it down and since it's in the 20's here that isn't going to happen for awhile, and I have it over OSB. So, maybe it will work out in the end, but that's just where I'm at with it....for now. It does look good and is pretty thick stuff for all the taller the pile height is though.

Originally posted by NateWrx View Post
                    Great, thanks frodaddy00. It's hard to find turf that can be delivered for less than $400.

Turf factory direct ships for $99, not sure if this is good turf or not:
                    https://turffactorydirect.com/produc...putting-elite/

Pro putt looks like they deliver for $125:
                    TourPutt Ultimate Putting Turf is known as the best putting turf available anywhere - with a 10 year warranty and realistic bent grass look and feel.

Anyone know anything about those? I'll see how my star pro is when it gets here this week, if it's too slow or wobbly I'll try one of these I think. Thanks for the help!

Let me know how the turf is DejaVu.

I have TFD Putting Elite in my build, but it's a pretty recent install so don't have a lot of time on it yet. So far so good though. I didn't have to glue it down, just laid it directly on dricore planks, cut out a section for my fiberbuilt hitting turf, and it's entirely secure and stable and the ball rolls true on it. I haven't really compared it with other turfs though.

Comment

I have a side question for those of you with full room putting greens. Do you do anything special for furniture that sits on the turf? Or do you just accept that it will compress the green there and you don’t care?

Comment

To anyone with full room putting greens or wall-to-wall hitting turf...

Do you do anything special for furniture that sits on the turf?

Or do you just accept that it will compress the green there and you don’t care?

Comment

I don't think there's a way around permanent compression marks from heavy objects over a long period of time, but I have been able to brush up marks from a few chairs sitting around for a couple of days pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                          X