Why I went back to Fiberbuilt from Quattro mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I went back to Fiberbuilt from Quattro mat

I was originally disenchanted with the fiberbuilt as i felt it was kinda like hitting off a hairbrush. I moved to a Quattro strip and was initially very happy with it as i felt it matched well with the firm Texas fairways i am used to.

Then Coronavirus happened...i started wanting to play more and without playing real golf as much, i dove back into my SIM for more than just skytrak practice range work. I discovered E6 connect and find it so much more enjoyable than the original TGC (never tried TGC2019).

Bottom line I was practicing and playing a ton more and concluded that the fiberbuilt strip is simply the easiest on the joints. The Quattro led to some soreness in the elbow and wrist to the point where I subconsciously started trying to pick the ball to avoid the impact. I am glad i kept my fiberbuilt and didn't sell it.

Figure I chime in. I went from fiberbuilt, to Truestrike and now back to fiberbuilt.

Hated the fiberbuilt because it felt like I was hitting off a fluffy lie all the time. So sold it and got truestrike. Loved it. Then started to develop elbow and wrist pain. Never had this ailment before. I tend to take big divots and occasional fat shot. The truestrike gel isn’t as soft as one would think. Too firm imo.

so back to fiberbuilt and things are great again.
    Last edited by johnnybogey; 07-23-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

I have a Quattro but never owned a Fibrebuilt studio mat. I now have a performance fibrebuilt mat that came with the sim in a box. is the stance mat in the studio mat spongy or hard?

Comment

• Stetson
        Stetson commented
        Editing a comment
        Would you suggest either one over the other?

• soupy
        soupy commented
        Editing a comment
        So after having the performance mat for 2 days. I hate it. The Quattro is so much better. I am trying to see if fibrebuilt will sell me the components to turn it into a studio mat. It should simple. 1-1x4 hitting strip and the rubber underneath and you have a 4x9 studio mat with center hitting. They said they would let me know in a day or 2

• soupy
        soupy commented
        Editing a comment
        And if they don’t I will cut a 1x4 out of the Quattro and make a 4x8 out of the fibrebuilt with Quattro hitting strip

Had the CCE and started to develop medial elbow pain on both elbows. Made the switch to Fiberbuilt...pain free. Protect your elbows at all cost

Comment

I agree, the Fiberbuilt has been so much better for my elbows. I am a sweeper, so I have no issues with the feel of the Fiberbuilt. Best mat I have ever owned.

Comment

After much back and forth, I finally decided on a Fiber-built and ordered it. I did not try and do DIY with cutting in an insert. I bought the full mat with the base so it wont move around on the garage floor. I am looking forward to trying it out.

Comment

I purchased my Fiberbuilt earlier in the week and it will be delivered tomorrow. I have used a CCE strip for a long time but since I updated to a QED sim I have been playing more and now seeing elbow and wrist pain. Really excited to get this mat installed.

Comment

• Dax
              Dax commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope your elbow and wrist pain gets better for you. I have been there (even though it was not serious) and it is not fun.

• JKCapeCod
              JKCapeCod commented
              Editing a comment
              Josh, would love to hear your feed back. QED, CCE user considering a new mat.

• Joshsmit56001
              Joshsmit56001 commented
              Editing a comment
              I love the Fiberbuilt mat, night and day compared to my CCE mat. I was able to hit quite a few balls on the Mat and my wrist has not hurt nearly as much as it did previously. I think over time the wrist and elbow pain will go away completely. Well worth the money spent. AS far as the QED and the Fiberbuilt, no issues at all so far. Only thing I needed to get used to was using the birtees instead of regular tees.

soupy
            So after having the performance mat for 2 days. I hate it.
            What is it you don't like about the performance mat (something about the stance, or the hitting area)? I'm actually looking at the Fiberbuilt Hourglass Performance Mat, but really, I could use anything for stance, as I have a Fiberbuilt hitting area (12"x24") built into my ProTee hitting sensor.

So, at this point, just will need something that feels as close to real grass, for a stance mat, as I would like to wear my golf shoes (plastic spikes) on it when playing in the simulator.

Comment

Knickerbocker Joshsmit56001 - which Fiberbuilt mats did you buy, and how are they working for you?

Comment

• Joshsmit56001
                Joshsmit56001 commented
                Editing a comment
                I bought just the 1x3 hitting strip. In my garage I built a hitting surface that comes down from the wall. I have the hitting strip placed flush with the standing surface. Only thing I needed to do was cut into my CCE mat as the Fiberbuilt mat was smaller than my ice mat. Worked out great since now I have a 6" putting surface plus my Fiberbuilt strip. I will try and get a picture.

• Brettster
                Brettster commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds great Joshsmit56001 - yes, a picture would be nice to see... how big is the CCE mat that you cut into (4x6, or something)?

I bought the 5 x 4 mat with full base. It is exceptional. The only thing I don't like is the weight. It's very heavy and I need to move it from time to time because its in my garage and we still park in there when needed.

Comment

I had the Fiberbuilt mat for 2 years. I would develop left elbow pain if I played for consecutive days. I switched over to the Quattro Mat a couple of months ago. I can hit balls for hours with no pain. Personal preference for real feel and joint comfort is the Quattro.

Comment

• Wizard of Coz
                  Wizard of Coz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think you got this turned around? Its ok young padewan.

This would be the first I have read such a thing. Apology for saying this, but for being your first posting, I for one am going to be a little suspicious.

Comment

• GrecoISU
                  GrecoISU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've never hit off of a Fiberbuilt but I don't have any issues with soreness from the Quattro so far. I definitely take pancake divots on the course too.

I've had the Fiberbuilt for a few weeks now. It was perfect timing, as I'm trying to increase my angle of attack to become more of a digger. I had a CCE-type mat, then found a DivotAction. About a week after the DivotAction arrived I picked up the Fiberbuilt. For me, just looking at the Fiberbuilt gives me confidence to get steeper with it, versus the other two. The DivotAction feels good, and I can use it for pitches on my indoor home setup. But, the Fiberbuilt is SO solid in terms of forgiveness on my joints, while replicating a realistic impact condition for LM purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dax View Post
                  Never had an issue with the Truestrike, but like all of you am very interested to get my fiberbuilt incorporated into my sim room. Might take a bit as my golf course finally opened this week, but let me see where I can get to. I know so many people are really wanting to try and get the most realistic experience and agree that the fiberbuilt might not punish enough for those that hit a bit fat. However, for me I would take being able to play golf for many years to come injury free as being the most important aspect of my game.
                  I have the eagle sim in a box with the fiberbuilt performance tee and I find it to be very punishing for fat shots. That was one of the major points I like about it. Have you buy chance hit off the performance turf tee https://fiberbuiltgolf.com/collectio...turf-tee-boxes

Comment

• Jnc10
                    Jnc10 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also own the sim in a box but did not like the performance mat. I felt that it was far to soft and did not feel like anything I would encounter on a course. I had quattro to begin with and really liked it and used it quite a bit before I bought the soft strike. So far it has been my Mat of choice. The only draw back to it is there is no base and comes with 2 stance mats and 1 hitting mat. You need to either build a base or incorporate it into the flooring system. It is 1/2 the price of fiberbuilt or truestrike.

• nfear24
                    nfear24 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jnc10 Ya it is a bit on the soft side. I also feel like you can't hit aggressively down into the ball. I tend to pick them a bit more on this mat. Hope it doesn't affect me too much this winter practicing. Wish I could go somewhere and hit off all the available surfaces to decide what I like best. Could a strip of the true strike be ordered and then cut out the strip of the fiberbuilt so it looks nice and fit into the rubber base.

• Jnc10
                    Jnc10 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    that was my problem I was turning into a more shallow attack to accommodate the mat but did not want that

Im planning on getting the Fiberbuilt Combo mat in my sim build. (https://rainorshinegolf.com/products...center-hitting)
                  Would you guys recommend putting any rubber flooring below them or are they already padded enough?

Comment

No the rubber base is super heavy and needs nothing under it

Comment

Working...
                    X