Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D.W. Quail Golf ..... what's the deal with them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.W. Quail Golf ..... what's the deal with them?

Has anyone done business with DW Quail Golf? I ordered a ball tray from them 20 days ago. Website says the order is still awaiting fulfillment. Nobody answers when I call or ever returns my messages. Emails go unanswered. Basically they took my money and ghosted me. I know there's a global pandemic and all, but they are still in business enough to take my money and there's nothing on the website saying they are closed or anything. So I'm led to believe they are still in operation.

Anyone dealt with them before? It looks like their consumer reviews are less than stellar. I can see why.

I will give you my recent experience. I read online that the customer service might be iffy, so I just ordered and took my chances. I wanted to try a strip of the Quattro mat, and they had a version of it available. Placed the order and it stayed in the "awaiting for fulfillment" for a full week. Then, it shipped and arrived in a reasonable amount of time. There was a note in the box that said they could not get the rubber tee holders for a couple of weeks, and they would ship later. It sounds like rubber molding from China came completely off line due to the virus.

So, I think I will get what I ordered with zero effort on my part (other than patience). However, if you are looking for customer service this might not be the vendor for you? In today's world consumers expect their email to be returned, which is probably costing these guys business. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• abirdie4me
      abirdie4me commented
      Editing a comment
      I ordered the same item as IowaCat, but I received mine in about a week with no issues. I guess it depends on what you order, if they have inventory you get it pretty quickly. As far as the lack of response, it’s unfortunate but understandable. Most smaller companies aren’t used to having employees work remotely and communications can be a lot more difficult for them.

Originally posted by IowaCat89 View Post
    I will give you my recent experience. I read online that the customer service might be iffy, so I just ordered and took my chances. I wanted to try a strip of the Quattro mat, and they had a version of it available. Placed the order and it stayed in the "awaiting for fulfillment" for a full week. Then, it shipped and arrived in a reasonable amount of time. There was a note in the box that said they could not get the rubber tee holders for a couple of weeks, and they would ship later. It sounds like rubber molding from China came completely off line due to the virus.

So, I think I will get what I ordered with zero effort on my part (other than patience). However, if you are looking for customer service this might not be the vendor for you? In today's world consumers expect their email to be returned, which is probably costing these guys business. Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks for weighing in. Yeah I mean I know a lot of commerce is totally messed up right now but dang ... 3 weeks with no communication? They probably shouldn't have a recorded message saying they will call you back within 12 hours if they can't fulfill that promise. In the last 3 weeks I've ordered about 5 different things from various places for my sim that have been delivered with no problem. Yes, it's certainly a first-world problem and I'm counting my blessings every day. But it will probably be the last time I ever order from them. Virus or no virus, it's just not good business practice. At the least they should have a simple banner on the website saying that operations are stalled and here's what to expect etc.

Oh well. Lesson learned.

Comment

I ordered a stance mat and a putting mat from them on April 17th. Same as you, I didn't hear anything for 5 or 6 days so i sent them a message - which was not responded to. I tried calling them and nothing. I am also in Canada and anything coming from the US can be dicey. I actually started to think I was scammed and chalked it up as a lesson learned. Then I got an email on April 27 to say the stance mat was shipped and the expected delivery date was May 4. Then on April 29 the putting mat was shipped with expected delivery on May 4. I checked again this morning and they have both been updated to a delivery date of May 1.

Anyways, if the orders arrive tomorrow as per FedEx it is all good. Ordered online on April 17th and delivered 2 weeks later. Reasonable, for sure. But yeah, would have been nice if someone replied to me.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• 3on3putt
        3on3putt commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for sharing. As for me ..... ordered April 8th and still a big fat nothing. At this point I've lost track of how many voicemails and emails I've left them and it's been nothing but crickets. Never again with this operation.

Did you get a ball tray with your mat?

• JayJo13
        JayJo13 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's brutal. Sorry to hear about. If you're going to run an online business like that you need to be responsive. Hopefully your orders get to you eventually.

I assume I get a ball tray as it says on their website you get a free ball tray with every mat. I'll let you know tomorrow or whenever I receive my order.

• 3on3putt
        3on3putt commented
        Editing a comment
        A ball tray is all I ordered from them. And I live two states away from where they are located. So the guy who orders from another country on april 17th will have his order processed before the guy who lives two states away who ordered the same thing (actually less) on april 8th. Got it. Lol. What a joke. At least it wasn't a big purchase. I do a lot of online shopping and 99% of the time everything is smooth sailing. Guess this is one of those 1% of times. Oh well. I think I may just give up and file for the refund through Paypal's purchase protection and take my business elsewhere. Hope you're safe and sane up there.

I recently ordered a Quattro mat from them. I received it in 8-9 days and I'm all the way across the country in California.

I have ordered stuff from them 3-4 times in the past, never had an issue.

I would guess like most businesses they are not shipping as fast due to the virus.

Comment

My stance mat arrived today. In the box was the letter below. That explains whats going on with your ball tray but still doesn't excuse the ghosting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5606.jpg
Views:	1780
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	266753

Comment

• 3on3putt
          3on3putt commented
          Editing a comment
          Well that was at least a nice effort.

Got an email from them the other day:

Basically saying that they dropped the ball and they've since improved capacity for mat creation, support, etc. If you sent an inquiry - send a new one.

I just got a mat from them via Amazon and it showed up in fairly short order (7ish days) without tray / tees as expected (same note as above)

Comment

• 3on3putt
          3on3putt commented
          Editing a comment
          The tray I ordered finally showed up almost a full month later with no explanation or communication. None of the many emails and voicemails I left ever received a response. And on top of that, the tray is a cheap, flimsy piece of junk that doesn't even sit flat on the ground because it's warped. So one side sticks way up in the air so all the balls roll to the other side and it can't hold as many balls as a result. I figure there's no point in even trying to get a refund from them as it would certainly prove to be a waste of time. Between the month it took to receive the product, the complete lack of communication and the product showing up damaged, it was honestly one of the worst consumer experiences I've had and I certainly won't be buying from them again.

• etakmit
          etakmit commented
          Editing a comment
          3on3putt - thankfully all I wanted was the mat. The tees and tray for my use case aren't needed and I knew they'd be late (the amazon listing mentioned as much). For me the ordering / shipping worked out fine (probably because it was through amazon). I had emailed them a few weeks back with a question and that was entirely radio silence.

How do you like the Quattro mat? I assume that is the mat they call the High Tech Golf Practice Mat 1 foot by 2 foot?

Comment

Did anyone feel that they had to put something under the DW Quail Golf mat to make it easier on the joints? if so, what did you add? Thanks

Comment

I recently ordered a 5x5 mat from them and it arrived in 5 days. I've only done business with them two other times and it's always been good.

Comment

I ordered the Gorilla Perfect Reaction Golf, from them and the note for the missing tray was enclosed. I shot them an email recently and said the tray was still delayed but I will get it.

Update: As I was typing this reply, I got an email that my ball tray was on the way via FedEx.

Comment

My wife ordered a 3'x5' mat with ball tray and tees from DW Quail on May 6, 2020 for my birthday. Our credit card was charged that day, but it is now June 22 and we have heard nothing. We have checked the status and it says it is processing. We have left not so nice voice mails and there is silence. I'm about to contact the credit card company to cancel the order.

Comment

• 3on3putt
                  3on3putt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That was my exact experience with them. The customer experience is basically non-existent. Nobody ever answers the phone. It's just a recorded message that says to leave a message and they will call you back. But no matter how many messages you leave, nobody will ever call you back or respond to an email. I had paid via PayPal and had begun the process of getting a refund through the buyer protection program when my order randomly (and finally) showed up at the door. I would go ahead and cancel. Plenty of other competition on the market that is more worthy of your business.

Same story here...ordered the Quattro strip 6/15. “Awaiting fulfillment” hs been the status ever since, although they took my money that day. 😏

Sent second email today, one week after first, asking for ANY kind of update. Zero response.

Wish I had seen this thread before today.

Comment

Just past a month now since my order. Still “awaiting fulfillment”.

2 calls (voicemail), 2 emails....ZERO response.

Money debited within minutes of hitting the order button on 6/15

DO NOT order from these guys. No excuses, even working remotely, they can answer an email.

Bullshit.

Comment

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Might be worth contacting the bank to reverse the debit.

• 3on3putt
                    3on3putt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Totally agree 968. Covid or not, it's no excuse. If they can take your money they can reply to an email or answer the phone. I would just cancel the order and get your money back.

I wanted to wait the full month...no idea why, benefit of the doubt I guess (despite what this thread had already told me)

I filed the dispute with PayPal a couple hours ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X