Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Can a 16:9 projector be a 16:10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a 16:9 projector be a 16:10

Is there a way to change the aspect ratio of a projector ????

I have the BenQ MW632ST, I really like it in the 16:10 aspect. All the other 1080 projectors I see are 16:9. I know it's only about a foot in height with a 14' width but I really like it.

Hey Stan, I've got the same projector running native at 16:9. It leaves me about a foot and a half of "White space" at the top and bottom of my impact screen but I don't even notice it anymore.

Comment

Just curious, ........ Any reason to not change it to 16:10 and make that about 6" of White space ?????

Comment

Honestly never thought to try it. Will go push a couple menu buttons.

Comment

Did you ever get an answer on this?

Comment

No........curious minds need to know !

Comment

My projector runs in whatever resolution the computer is putting out. I'd say most are that way. I ran 16:10 then moved my screen and ran 16:9 then got a new screen and ran it at a custom size. I run a BenQ1080st
              My Courses:
              World Par 3's by mthunt RCR
              Toronto GC (L) mthunt RCR
              Burlington G&CC by mthunt RCR
              Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
              London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
              Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
              Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
              Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
              Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
              Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
              The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
              National GC of Canada RCR
              Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
              Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
              mthunt Range Fictional
              The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

inforpar You left us hanging brother. How'd it go?

Comment

I run the same projector as Mthunt in a custom ratio as well. No complaints at all.

Comment

StanMI
                    I am thinking about getting that projector, BenQ MW632ST, because it's 16:10 native aspect ratio. How is the image quality on it? Do you use it to watch HD movies?
                    I am new to this whole thing, and am concerned that it is a 1280x800 resolution and what would happen when I change it to 16:9 to watch movies on. Anyone else have any input?

Thanks!

Rich

Comment

Rich, I love the projector but if I were to do it again I'd get the higher resolution. I'm torn now between the Optoma GT1080 Darbee and the BenQ HT2150ST (hope I have those specs right). 1080 would be nice, especially with the bigger screen.

Comment

Originally posted by StanMI View Post
                        Rich, I love the projector but if I were to do it again I'd get the higher resolution. I'm torn now between the Optoma GT1080 Darbee and the BenQ HT2150ST (hope I have those specs right). 1080 would be nice, especially with the bigger screen.
                        Damn, i already bought the 632. I gues i can always upgrade in the future. Thanks!

Comment

Sorry I took so long to answer your post! Summer and I don't get on much.

I going to do the same thing, will probably offer it here for sale when I upgrade.

Comment

I'm looking at the BenQ MU706 which is a high def projector doing 1920*1200 resolution in 16:10 mode and 1920*1080 (Full HD) in 16:9 mode. It has a lower throw ratio than most 16:10 HD projectors and seems to tick a lot of boxes - with the 12' screen I'm getting it will be slightly behind me whereas I was worried that with the Optoma 1080 Darbee it would be too close to the screen and I might hit it.

Comment

I have the Optoma GT1080Darbee mounted 6'9" from the screen and hit a few feet back from it. The only way you could hit it is if your hitting area is offset to the side and you have a really vertical swing plane. I'm pretty sure that the BenQ MU706 projects straight out from the lens so if you mount it from the ceiling you will have to correct it with keystone adjustments or you will have a large shadow of yourself if it is lower. I would stick with the Optoma GT1080Darbee or the BenQ HT2150ST.

Comment

Working...
                              X