Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @R3dlineR6 (NET) and @Fantastish (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - RBC Canadian Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 SPRING TOUR - US Open with 3 rounds at Pebble Beach Golf Links ProTee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...g-tour-us-open
See more
See less

Projector behind hitting space without shadow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projector behind hitting space without shadow?

How far back could you put the projector behind the hitting space while avoiding shadows? Ceiling is 9 foot so projector would be closer 8ish i would imagine? Does anyone know of any calculators to figure this out?

https://www.projectorcentral.com has lots of help with projector calculations, but to start, you should be looking at "short throw" projectors. They basically project a large image from not very far away.

The projector may end up directly above the golfer's head, which is a good thing since there's little possibility of creating a shadow.

Comment

Originally posted by aja View Post
      https://www.projectorcentral.com has lots of help with projector calculations, but to start, you should be looking at "short throw" projectors. They basically project a large image from not very far away.

The projector may end up directly above the golfer's head, which is a good thing since there's little possibility of creating a shadow.
      This is going to be for an outdoor set up so I was going to buy a commercial office projector for the lumens. Was hoping to save money on not getting a lens and hoping I could avoid shadows depending where I put it.

Comment

Lay out the side view on graph paper, including your height and where you’re going to stand. If your head crosses above a straight line from the bottom of the projected image and the lens, then you’ll get a shadow. Agree with others here that having the projector above the ball or shortly behind it is optimal for no shadows.

Alternatively, you can get a projector with horizontal keystone adjustment (like the BenQ 1085ST) and put it off to the side opposite where you stand, at any height, and avoid shadows. Outdoors that may be the simpler then mounting high on the center line.
        Last edited by GungHoGolf; 05-31-2019, 05:21 AM.

Comment

An important factor is how tall you are and how close to the ceiling is your longest club's swing path? Just a thought.
          Last edited by trhuke; 05-31-2019, 03:35 PM.

Comment

I bought the Sony fh35 that was listed on here. It doesn't have horizontal keystone, but does have 32% horizontal lens shift so I'm curious if that will allow me to move it more to the side. After doing some calculations I think I'll be okay. Having the projector at 15 feet at about 8 foot on a 135 4:3 screen hitting at around 10 foot. I'm 5'10.

Comment

Working...
            X