FSX 2018 is very good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX 2018 is very good

I got FSX 2018 yesterday. I am very new to FSX, but I can say for sure the graphics difference from FSX to FSX 2018 is huge. I was not impressed with the graphics in the old version. I even own the expensive courses, and the graphics were marginal. FSX 2018 is a huge difference in the graphics quality! I would say the included courses graphics are about as good as TGC, and the expensive courses look even better than TGC. I am extremely impressed with the graphics quality with FSX 2018. I have not spent enough time to tell you about other features added or upgraded.

• No bugs so far.

Comment

• New update out now 5.2.1.0
      No release notes? I hope the auto advance feature in skills is back. Will see tonight.

Comment

• Golfbeat
        Golfbeat commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you find this? I did not get any e mail yesterday.

• When I updated my graphics became distorted. It is like they are stretched out. Anybody have this issue and know how to resolve this?

Comment

• mmlincon
        mmlincon commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can get into settings you should be able to adjust the resolution. If that fails you can try setting the resolution in the FSXsettings.xml file.

• sherrow70
        sherrow70 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok thanks will try that

• I have, most if not all, the older versions so I can provide them. Learned my lesson a while ago. I just noticed that 5.2.1.0 was release so they may have fixed some issues with the previous release.

Comment

• The problem with distorted graphics and dual monitor issues seems to have been fixed.
        Still missing auto connect (GC2 BT) and auto advance in skills.

Comment

• I just tried the skill challenge on mine and it auto advances after 3 seconds. I know I enabled this in the earlier version so it must have carried over. I couldn't find a setting for it anywhere. There is probably a settings file that could be edited manually if you contact support. I does need to added back in the GUI though.

Comment

• Snaphook
            Snaphook commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes i think you are right. I found the log file where it says: autoCloseStationMsg = 0
            If i only knew where to set it to 1 in the program i think it would work. Will contact support on this.
            Do you know in which version it was an option? ( i have versions from 5.0.1.2)
            Last edited by Snaphook; 09-19-2018, 08:43 PM.

• Found the systemfile FSXSettings xml and changed the (autoCloseStationMsg = 0) to (autoCloseStationMsg = 1) and now it works

Comment

• Baller
            Baller commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice work! I knew there had to be a file but I hadn’t had a chance to look for it yet.

• gnomike
            gnomike commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome tip, thank you! Hey, Do you know where to set the delay before it auto advances?

• Also for those interested you can change the swingcam playback time to atleast 50 seconds (probably more, have not tried) It just keeps playing the swing over and over. Like it should

Comment

• The club data in FSX 2018 I thought the club path was showing data from the take away. I now realize it is the path coming into the ball on the downswing. Do we have an option to show data as the club moves away from the ball?

Comment

• mmlincon
              mmlincon commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think so but that is an interesting idea. You should send Foresight an email for a feature request.

• Baller
              Baller commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, as far I have ever seen, the only option is a camera. That’s what I use. I struggle sometimes with taking the club too much to the inside so I do pay attention to this.

Not sure if you’re asking for ideas or not, but things that work for me are:
              1) Putting an alignment stick down in the ball line behingpd the ball and following it on the way back, pointing to it as long as possible.
              2) Really trying o take away on the outside (pretty much impossible for me to do).

For a camera angle, place the cam on your toe line. The club at 1/4 back should point directly to the camera.

Hope this helps!

• sherrow70
              sherrow70 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you both for your input. I think the take away club data is very important. I will check with Foresight on this. I believe Trackman does this based on what I have seen however I could never afford a Trackman.

• Does anyone know if there are driving ranges for some of the courses? Some of the courses use to have driving ranges or chipping greens that you could use. Is this still present in the new FSX 2018?
            Thanks

Comment

• Yes, they are still there but how you get to them is a little screwy. You have to select the course and a hole under improve and load it. Once in you can select Hole and the Range, Chipping and Putting will be listed under the holes. This varies with courses though, some have them some don't.

Comment

• col forbin
                col forbin commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks mm!! That does seem strange. Hopefully, it is updated in a patch down the road. Keep up the good work with the youtube channel!

• I ran across these and thought I'd put them up so folks can see the difference between a UHD and HD resolution in FSX 2018. It's not the exact same spot but pretty close.

Comment

• Is there anywhere where it details what Foresight change with each course update? Eg 2.0.1 to version 2.0.2?

Comment

• mmlincon
                  mmlincon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not that I'm aware of.

• I have tried to read this whole thread and I have questions.

I am running GC2 with HMT right now, and FSX. I currently run a computer with monitor and 55" LCD TV. I have a Carl's 4:3 13' x 10', 5 foot deep impact cage on the way. I also have an Optoma GT1080 Darbee projector.

If I update to FSX 2018 will I be able to use my three monitors? I think I would like the projector and computer monitor to be the sim screen so I can aim with the computer monitor and the 55" TV to be the club screen. Is that possible?

Is having a 4:3 ratio screen a problem?

Thanks

Comment

• Baller
                  Baller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you currently able to mirror two monitors and extend the other on your computer? If your computer is able to do it, which would be recognize the two as one setup and the third as another the it will work in FSX18 as well. You could ask them for a trial to be sure.

• I use a projector to show the range while hitting and tv to show the data from the shot with FSX 2018. It works great but not sure about three monitors. I'm using a 16:9 ratio.

Comment

Working...
                X