Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @shank12u (NET) and @Randy (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - QBE Shootout !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ProTee Christmas Invitational with 2 rounds at The Walker Course Pro Tee : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...s-invitational
See more
See less

FSX 2018 is very good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can force your projector to display 4:3 on the impact screen without issue.
    Originally posted by Detroit Bill View Post
    I have tried to read this whole thread and I have questions.

I am running GC2 with HMT right now, and FSX. I currently run a computer with monitor and 55" LCD TV. I have a Carl's 4:3 13' x 10', 5 foot deep impact cage on the way. I also have an Optoma GT1080 Darbee projector.

If I update to FSX 2018 will I be able to use my three monitors? I think I would like the projector and computer monitor to be the sim screen so I can aim with the computer monitor and the 55" TV to be the club screen. Is that possible?

Is having a 4:3 ratio screen a problem?

Thanks

Comment

• Couple of bugs - BTW I'm relatively new to FSX, so my apologies if these are known issues

-- When I try to resume a saved round, I get an error message saying that the course license could not be found. I have to exit, start a brand new round at the course, exit, then load the saved game. Is this a known bug?

-- Water hazards -- Instead of giving you a legal drop option, the game plops the ball in the water and you hit from the bottom of the lake!!! Only option is to choose 'rehit' WTF!!

Is there an issue logging site/page, or do people just email the Foresight rep?

Comment

• Its been doing the water drop issue for over a year now. Not to mention the grass that bounces the ball back like a brick wall.

Comment

• Ryan5508 Thanks for that info. Pretty pathetic how they "dropped the ball" on that one . Joking aside, that's a pretty huge bug to be left unaddressed for over a year... especially considering the cost of the s/w

Comment

• I've been sending bugs to support@foresightsports.com. Sometimes I get a response, sometime I don't. I should probably start sending one everyday until I get a response...yeah? I haven't had the water issue - is that on a particular course? I'm sure it'll happen now that I know about it.

Comment

• gnomike
              gnomike commented
              Editing a comment
              To be honest, after it happened to me a second time I now just use 'rehit' instead of trying to drop. Might've just been for one course. Maybe if I get keen (or masochistic) I'll do some testing for foresight lol

• Does anyone use fsx18 on two PC? I have a laptop on which it's installed and running with courses. I installed it on another home PC with better graphics cardfor my sim room, but got an error trying to use it. Is there an easy way to activate/deactivate so that I can switch between using two computers on the same fsx2018 account (laptop for outdoor range, PC for simroom)? What most modern software does is automatically deactivate the older login to prevent multiple simultaneous users. But that's not how this seems to work. Has anyone done this?

Comment

• Baller
              Baller commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty sure you just login online and deactivate the computer and then activate the other.

Go Here:

https://performance.foresightsports....count#licenses

Click "Deactivate" and then use that key on your other computer, I'm pretty sure is the process.
              Last edited by Baller; 12-07-2018, 06:37 AM.

• Originally posted by A.West
            Does anyone use fsx18 on two PC? I have a laptop on which it's installed and running with courses. I installed it on another home PC with better graphics cardfor my sim room, but got an error trying to use it. Is there an easy way to activate/deactivate so that I can switch between using two computers on the same fsx2018 account (laptop for outdoor range, PC for simroom)? What most modern software does is automatically deactivate the older login to prevent multiple simultaneous users. But that's not how this seems to work. Has anyone done this?
            Probably the easiest thing is to call them up and convert over to a USB dongle for the license. I believe it is $50 or so.

Comment

• The FSX 2018 upgrade is on sale for $300 right now from Foresight. Tempted to pull the trigger at this price for the dual monitor support, can someone chime in on how well it works? I only use FSX for practice, would it be possible to have the range on my projector full time and the swing analysis always on the second display? Thanks

Comment

• mmlincon
                mmlincon commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as your monitor and projected image are the same resolution it works fine. I run just the course/range on the projected image and everything else on a monitor. You can get an idea of what it is like on my live playlist. You'll see the FSX data on the video but if you look at the webcam image there is nothing. The game doesn't play as choppy as the stream, that is something with youtube or nvidia that I have yet to figure out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vm7s1iN_y3fyrF

• Baller
                Baller commented
                Editing a comment
                MM, I say this in as many threads as possible, but I miss some... there is a utility within the Nvidia software that allows you to skew the output size on your projection screen so that it doesn’t matter (if I remember correctly). I wish someone had told me about that utility before. It is priceless.

I think it’s in the Nvidia control panel and called “adjust desktop size and position”, but if that doesn’t work, I can check later.

• mmlincon
                mmlincon commented
                Editing a comment
                That's the weird thing. Everything reported that it was UHD but it wasn't I did screen shots and compared them side by side. It was visually noticeable. I ended up getting a 50" UHD TV so it's working fine now. I didn't try the nvidia tool though so who knows. I fixed it with money.....

• Originally posted by grant2145 View Post
              The FSX 2018 upgrade is on sale for $300 right now from Foresight. Tempted to pull the trigger at this price for the dual monitor support, can someone chime in on how well it works? I only use FSX for practice, would it be possible to have the range on my projector full time and the swing analysis always on the second display? Thanks
              Does this apply to upgrading from FR1 to FSX2018 as well ?

Comment

• grant2145
                grant2145 commented
                Editing a comment
                No. You have to have an FSX license to upgrade at that price.

• Well Well Well, looks like we have a St. Andrews bundle coming down the pike.....

Comment

• I look forward to seeing that...

Comment

• Yeah, me too. Looks like it will be The Old Course, The New Course, The Castle Course and the Jubilee Course. I think it's going to be like the Pebble bundle though. So, Old Course for X amount and the other 3 for X amount. In other words Premium Courses. Nothing official so that is a hunch but based on the product numbers that's what it looks like.

Comment

• wbond
                    wbond commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm sure they will sell it at a reasonable price.

• p3eps
                    p3eps commented
                    Editing a comment
                    $750 per pack, but on a ‘special sale’ permanently at $500 each?!
                Working...
                X