GCQuad with TGC up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCQuad with TGC up and running

I listed the steps I took to get this thing going. I just got done playing a round at a famous course down South where a big tourney was supposed to be held this weekend.

Step 1: Buy this: https://golfsimulatorstore.com/colle...13246583636067 - this part is a pain because you need to install protee and TGC and wait for all your licenses to come via email.

Step 2: Configure protee as instructed in other posts. Basically - you need to just change 1 setting to configure it to external data

Step 3: Install GQSX.com - pm me if you need this

Step 4: Connect the Quad to the computer via wifi

Step 5: Connect to internet either via ethernet cable or another wifi card and bridge connections - this allows to connect to internet and qcquad at the same time

Step 6: Launch Protee then GQSX (click on connect) then start TGC

It should now work. No needing all that other stuff like you do for the GC2.

• Originally posted by mthunt View Post

Use QSXQ2. The issue is the you need to run FSX with the GSXQ1. Here’s the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch5p9y7c53...GQSX2.exe?dl=0
    Yes, that worked! Everything is up and running!!!

Comment

• Hello!! I have the latest FSX and my Quad is currently on Firmware v3.0.1.1. Any reason NOT to upgrade to v3.0.7.1? Thanks!

Comment

• I wrote up the steps we use to run TGC 2019 on GCQuad here, in case it helps someone: https://gunghogolf.com/articles/TGC-2019-on-GCQuad
        - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• I'm getting this error message loading GQSX2: "Failed to execute script GQSX". The file is not corrupted as I'm able to run in on another PC just fine.

Comment

• jrsmolarz
            jrsmolarz commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the same error message.

• I was able to solve this after days of debugging. You need to start a Windows service before launching. I believe it’s called WLAN AutoConfig.

Comment

• pma99car
            pma99car commented
            Editing a comment
            Well done this man. I had this issue appear out of nowhere today. Had been using the same setup for 9 months with no changes. Loaded up a game tonight and GQSX2 wouldn't start with the error message "Failed to load script". I started "WLAN Autoconfig" and "Wired Autoconfig" in Windows services... after that GQSX2 was back working as expected.

• Hi guys, can I just check that this method is still working as of Nov 2021? I'm planning to upgrade my Skytrak to GCquad.

Comment

• Critzblank
            Critzblank commented
            Editing a comment
            Firmware 3.0.7.1 has been working for me for a few months now.

• I've been trying for some time now to see if there is a way to use both a GCQUAD and a GC2 simultaneously with TGC2019. I know that you can setup the GQSX 2 for using two quads and that there is a different interface for two GC2's, one USB and one using WIFI or bluetooth, but is there a way to use both at the same time? My son is a lefty and we are having a heck of a time switching back and forth between every single shot. Thanks so much! I really appreciate everyone on here and how you have contributed so much to help others.

Comment

• dawms
            dawms commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought this was an interesting question, did you receive any answers? My first thought is to put the GCQuad on a ‘turntable/lazy Susan’ and just spin it around. I’m thinking some mechanical stops will be required, and they will need to be a adjustable to that you are at 0 degrees straight on both sides of play.

• Basically, the answer from Mthunt was a simple "no". My setup isn't wide enough for the launch monitor in the middle so it requires the unit to be picked up and moved about 6' to either side for each consecutive shot. Definitely a pain and has caused us to use FSX2020 or E6 more often when playing together as both of those programs allow "dual launch monitors". It's a shame because I have built several local courses using Lidar data and uploaded to TGC2019.

Comment

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            I use two GC2's. It works great. I used hate when a leftie came over.

• jasonreg
            jasonreg commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the lefties - they get to be bartenders! ;-)

• Hey guys. Just a quick check in to see if this is still all functioning the same way? Ive been rolling with E6, but thought I might check out the TGC as well now that Ive been on it for a year, just wanted to make sure it all still worked. Cheers!

Comment

• mthunt
            mthunt commented
            Editing a comment
            Working great still.

• benzopyrene
            benzopyrene commented
            Editing a comment
            thank you very much
        Working...
        X