Bushnell Announces Launch Pro Partnership with Foresight Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushnell Announces Launch Pro Partnership with Foresight Sports

Bushnell & Foresight are partnering up for a new consumer level launch monitor.
    In partnership with Foresight Sports, Bushnell Golf will be entering the domestic launch monitor market later this year with the Launch Pro, a personal launch monitor built on the industry’s best and most widely accepted technology. “Bushnell Golf is committed to innovation, technology advancements and supporting the golfing consumer as they build confidence in their game. The Launch […]

Originally posted by JPXG View Post
    I think something is being lost in all of the incessant whining going on around new LM's such as this "GC3". Seems like some people expect every new unit to provide the ultimate in accuracy at a bargain basement price.

If you want best in class performance, then pay for it (i.e. TM or GCQuad).

If you can't afford $15-$20K, then assess what is most important to you and see what options you can afford based on that.

What we need to be encouraged about is that every year more LM options are being introduced. COVID-19 lockdowns turned on huge portions of the golfing population to the world of LMs. This helps create competition and therefore price competitiveness. The expanding market also helps spur innovation and will lead to cost reductions in the technology behind the most accurate launch monitors.

So, everyone calm down until we see some actual demos and testing on the new Bushnell/Foresight Launch Pro/GC3...quit bitching about it not costing $500 with all the capabilities of a GCQuad, and just enjoy the fact that our options are expanding.

**end rant**
    What exactly are you reading? This thread is overwhelmingly positive, and the only voices of opposition are simply pointing out that the GC2 is the better device.

There's nothing Foresight can do about that. GC2+HMT is too good. If it's duplicated or improved upon, they neuter Quad sales. Unless they find a way to break new ground (GCHawk for example), this is their only option. An intentionally held back refresh of existing technology to move more software licenses.

Comment

• wbond
      wbond commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe he’s quoting it in Canadian dollars. I could be wrong but I think they ran a couple sales for Gc2 hmt and fsx for like 9 or 10k USD. Either way, it will be interesting to see what it truly gets publicized as. I still don’t see many people jumping into the sim world for around 6k. That was always the problem before with a Gc2. Skytrak opened up the market at 2k and flightscope understood that and made sure they didn’t take away from their higher end offering. It’ll be the same with foresight.

• bubbtubbs
      bubbtubbs commented
      Editing a comment
      I was talking about Canuck bucks. 20k is the standard up here for CPO purchases, you could obviously pick up a used one for less if you were in the US or were willing to take a risk on shipping.

• Gresh12
      Gresh12 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not uncommon in Canada for things to be 20% more than the US in addition to exchange rate and before taxes (even on items with low or no duty). I live close to the border so pre-Covid I would often make many purchases in US and go pick them up and drive them back. It sounds like the Geo lock isn’t too bad on GC4 so if I just have to use a VPN I may end up with Launch Pro from US if it’s better value. I need more confirmation than the one post I’ve seen saying it works though.

Bechs from what I was expecting the unit was going to come with some slim version of FSX more like their FSX Pro with the option to upgrade to FSX which is more than just sim. I was just responding to Happy that there are talks of a revamp in software that is suppose to be better in image.

I haven't seen any new support for Swing Catalyst cameras like the GC2 w/HMT and GC4. I hope they are able to provide this feature as well

Comment

• Bechs
      Bechs commented
      Editing a comment
      I am overseas based, so it is a GC3 bundled with FSX2020 from what I was told, as that was my concern. FSX2020 should allow camera to work. Hope it does!! If it is not bundled with FSX2020, then the price I was told would push me back to a used model or Uneekor.

Plus yeah the unknown 'other' software. Maybe that is right and it will be labelled "FSXPro". If you look at Youtube videos of FSX pro the range has detailed bunkers and greens, which are visually better than FSX2020. So the answers might be right in front of us already. Take that range and imagine it over a whole course. Dam I dont want to have to pay $500 a course for that level of graphics tho....

Hi All,

It is interesting hearing the different price points per market. We get done in here in Australia. Down under we have import and taxing charges and lack of trustworthy second hand markets. I was just working out whether to go a Uneekor or used GC2. But it seems sensible to hold out for the GC3 for me. Being left handed the EYEXO does appeal so much. But for nearly double the price once I factor in some software, I can move a unit back and forth when the lads head over. Most of the time it will be me working on my numbers. GC2+HMT was appealing as well, but with no support it is a lot of money to bank on it working fine without issues for the next say 5 years or so.

My main hope is that the software isn't only FSX2020. Either the new software looks better and is reasonably priced. Or someone gets the GC3 to run on TGC somehow as all the Australian courses are on this and on no other software.

GC2 (2nd hand no software)..............$5,000 AUD
    GC2+HMT (2nd hand no software) ...$9,000 AUD
    GC3 (with FSX2020) .......................$11,500 AUD
    UneekorEYEXO(View only).............$17,800 AUD
    Flightscope X3 (with Software)........$25,600 AUD
    GCQuad ..(with Club, FSX2020)..$28,500 AUD
    TM4 (with Software) .....................$29,000 AUD

Would love some opinions however. This is my first garage build.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
      bubbtubbs commented
      Editing a comment
      It's criminal that nobody has put the Royal Melbourne into a format other than TGC.

• dcasvid
      dcasvid commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you parallel import, and run with a VPN ?

• Bechs
      Bechs commented
      Editing a comment
      dcasvid Parallel import - Not sure what you mean. Physically import LMs from another country?

VPN would theoretically be possible to overcome the GeoLocks on the Foresights. But would still need to get a unit over here and would lose any support. I am not one for paying overs on support, but its also a substantial enough risk factor to attach some value towards it.

Specs have been leaked and confirmed. Now all of us are waiting to when we can place the orders.

Demand The Best.

Built on the same advanced photometric technology found in the company’s Tour-dominating flagship launch monitor, the GCQuad, the new GC3 features a three-camera system that delivers ball and club performance data, both outdoors and indoors, with industry-leading precision.
    Get A Quote Now.

Demand The Best.

Built on the same advanced photometric technology found in the company’s Tour-dominating flagship launch monitor, the GCQuad, the new GC3 features a three-camera system that delivers ball and club performance data, both outdoors and indoors, with industry-leading precision.

Precision inside, and out.

Thanks to its precise sub-millimetre measurement of the golf ball and club, the GC3 ensures accurate and reliable feedback both on the range and in your home simulator. No other launch monitor tech compares the GC line when it comes to delivering real-time performance insight.

On the course.

The GC3 launch monitor is the perfect companion for the golf course. Monitor your shots while you play, then take your data back to your home golf simulator to analyse, practice and improve your golf.

In The Simulator.

Never miss a round or practice session again and experience the most true-to-life golf simulation experience for any-time, any-weather golf.

The GC3 is available with all our premium simulator solutions including the revolutionary SIM-IN-A-BOX range. Our Performance Simulator with GC3 represents our most affordable,
    versatile, and flexible full-projection
    simulator to date.

Ball Data

Launch Angle
    Side Angles
    Ball Speed
    Total Spin
    Carry
    Side Spin / Spin Axis

Club Data

Club Head Speed
    Smash Factor
    Club Path
    Angle of Attack

Hitting Zone

7″ x 10″

Cameras

3 (Triscopic)

Light Source

Integrated infrared

Screen Size

80mm x 50mm

Display Type

Standard Transflective LCD
    (Touchscreen Enabled)

Premium Reflective Memory Display (Outdoor Viewability)

Accelorometer

Barometric Sensor

Connectivity

Wi-fi

Bluetooth

Ethernet

USB-C

Data Delivery Latency

100-200 Milliseconds

Size

GC3-Size

15.2 cm(w) x 30.5 cm(t) x 12.7cm (d)

Weight

2.3KG / 5lbs

Battery Life

5-7 Hours

Comment

Comment

• Dubbs
        Dubbs commented
        Editing a comment
        FSX Subscription!

This monitor intrigues me. Seems to be a step up from Mevo/Skytrak? However seems like people hate FSX? Is it just the graphics or what?

I love TGC and my range options and it’s reasonably priced. Can someone enlighten me about FSX?

Comment

• Gresh12
        Gresh12 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dubbs thanks I didn’t watch more than just the linked video. Good to know there is combine features as that would have been a pretty easy to create oversight.

So I guess my only remaining gripe is really the pricing model. But I think it’s still a big enough one to keep me away.

I hadn’t seen the TM announcement. I didn’t read it as a sim connection but maybe.

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        Dubbs how does FSX Pro directly compete with trackman combine? Maybe I have missed this feature in FSXPro

• Bechs
        Bechs commented
        Editing a comment
        Dubbs --- Trackman - Are they just going to use Trackmans data to help with the in game data on ball flight you think?

Or is this saying you will be able to play an EA sports game as a sim!?

It seems like a solid software. Also seems like you have to purchase watch course individually? And what does FSX run as far as cost? One time? Annual?

Comment

• Instron4204
        Instron4204 commented
        Editing a comment
        One time purchase. Five included courses. Purchase individual courses after that.

HI Everyone

I'm sure FSX is fine for range practice and combines etc.....but for sim golf its terrible.

TGC2019 basically follows the PGA tour every week, you get to play a some what competitive round against the rest of the world with a handicap, get get a world ranking that you can work on.

You get to play against people using all different types of LM, so you get volume of competitive players. You can play against a ghost player if playing on your own.

You can't do that if you only have access to 5 courses.

Playing sim on your own or with a friend gets boring really quickly.

The problem with trackman, foresight sim play is the numbers playing online with always be small because of the cost and lack of access to all the courses for tournaments.

TGC2019 is like switching on your xbox or play station and playing against the rest of the world.

If i bought a GC3 i would just want it for range practice foresight can keep their sim play, not interested.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
        bubbtubbs commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you on TGC being better for simulation, but golf is a game that is about scoring and entirely possible to play alone. The majority of my real life rounds are solo because it's much faster if you're not having to wait for members to hit, find balls, talk about pointless things in their lives you have no interest in, etc. The only opponent you need is par.

• HappyGilmore102
        HappyGilmore102 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fair enough

I don't really care about graphics, its the actual sim play that matters.
        once you've been on TGC or TGC2019 its impossible to go back to playing ordinary sim, it just sucks.

I know guys have gone from TGC2019 to GSX but no one has golf from TGC2019 back to E6 or Foresight sim unless they have wifi/connection issues, just can't do it, its terrible to go back..........its like crashing your new car and having to use an old banger till your car gets replaced, it sucks.
        Last edited by HappyGilmore102; 09-02-2021, 03:05 PM.

• bubbtubbs
        bubbtubbs commented
        Editing a comment
        The lack of course options would bother me far more than graphics or online play, but I can see what you mean.

cgdavis_2 (and others) - I think most FSX users agree that the graphics are somewhat unimpressive - not bad, but there are many other software packages with far superior graphics. There have been rumors of an upgrade for 18+ months now - no idea personally if and when we can expect that.

Now that said, I also think most FSX users will say the physics are very good both on the range and on the course and the play is fairly realistic. Yes, you need to purchase additional courses and they are not inexpensive, I tend to wait for special offers - I have been able to assemble a sufficient course list where I am definitely not bored. And there are many complaints of the way they impose lie penalties but we have seen upgrades in this regard. Personally I turn them off (I am there to practice golf not practice bleeding but to each their own).

All in all, it can definitely be better and is due (overdue) for a graphics refresh. But IMO, I would not discount a specific piece of hardware if it meets your requirements because it is tied to FSX2020 and beyond. And the FSX Pro is fantastic IMO. Use it with my iPad and really like the way it displays info.
      Last edited by jasonreg; 09-02-2021, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• cgdavis_2
        cgdavis_2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ll have to look up the FSX pro. Is that an add on?

• bubbtubbs
        bubbtubbs commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe FSX Pro is included with FSX 2020 purchase.

• jasonreg
        jasonreg commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is a free add on as long as you have a valid FSX2020 license.

In the wild? https://www.instagram.com/p/CTQWo5ADZrP/

Comment

So confirmed, it's a Quad with an eye poked out for about half/one third of the price.

Good news is that if it is the same as the Quad, then certain other feature's may be available to remove the limitation to FSX?
        Or do we have a sense it is more locked down that a Quad?

Do Quads have to be connected to the internet to allow FSX etc to be used?

Comment

Originally posted by Bechs View Post
          So confirmed, it's a Quad with an eye poked out for about half/one third of the price.

Good news is that if it is the same as the Quad, then certain other feature's may be available to remove the limitation to FSX?
          Or do we have a sense it is more locked down that a Quad?

Do Quads have to be connected to the internet to allow FSX etc to be used?

quads need to validate every 45 days either by connecting to FSX with a valid internet connection or connecting the quad directly to the internet.

FSX needs to connect to the internet to be used but they did have the ability to work offline for a certain number of hours (I think you needed to request ability to do that but never had the need).

Comment

Do you guys think the GC3/Bushnell will work with TGC2019 ?

Comment

• Wundej
              Wundej commented
              Editing a comment
              Bechs it doesn’t “lock” the unit. It still works as a standalone unit and you can use it with the LCD. It doesn’t allow Bluetooth/wifi etc connections until it phones home every 45 days.

This is how they handle the Geolocking.

• Gresh12
              Gresh12 commented
              Editing a comment
              Is geolocking solved by a VPN?

The other obvious challenge is purchasing something in another country that is expensive without a local credit card.

I’m in Canada and won’t jump through a bunch of hoops if the price difference isn’t huge but if the US gets a reasonably priced device and reasonably priced FSX subscription versus Canada being on the FSX software purchase ride then I may be willing to work harder.

I couldn’t easily find E6 pricing online but it seems for Foresight devices you get stuck with $2500 purchase instead of annual fee which seems punitive. I play online with my buddy who has a Mevo+ so would like to keep that but not for $2500 USD.

• Bechs
              Bechs commented
              Editing a comment
              Didn't know that - thanks Wundej! Although locking Bluetooth / Wifi probably comes back full circle to the issue. To do any simulation whatsoever you still need FSX. Whereas I assume the GC2 doesn't have that limitation. You can do simulation on it without FSX.

Any new information when this might be available as we’re now in fall

Comment

Supposedly this week coming up we will get all of the details. The more research I do, it would be silly for anyone NOT to buy FSX. Here is an in depth video of FSX live that comes with FSX and gives you so much data in how to improve. I have a feeling the Bushnell LP will come with the basic tablet mode with 2D range, 14 club tracking and maybe a couple of videos you can view of your shots and that’s it. https://youtu.be/K4bN6KlgdGM

Comment

• Baller
                Baller commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, left click allows you to aim, but you may need to click it two times.

• Dubbs
                Dubbs commented
                Editing a comment
                3. Rumor is that FSX will be available at either monthly/yearly subscription. All of the sim softwares are moving to this revenue model except for TGC. Pros and cons with that model. Gresh12, in your case, would you then drive to the border and pick up a BLP instead of GC3? I find this really strange that they will not have the same device in Canada. I think what people are not realizing is that FSX is a lot more than just simulation software. They have FSX Live, FSX Mobile and FSX Pro with the same FSX 2020 license. Probably more than enough data for your average Joe but ideal for your teaching pro.
                Last edited by Dubbs; 09-19-2021, 10:06 PM.

• Gresh12
                Gresh12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks re answer on aiming in range.

Info I heard (granted nothing official until it’s official) was subscription model only for US and outside it was still full purchase. That was pre company getting sold though so hoping that makes the “Bushnell” pricing go global. I live near the border and have vacation property in US (at least I think it’s still there as I have been there since Covid hit due to border restrictions) so depending on hoops I’d have to jump through I could try a US version with VPN depending on those limitations.
            Working...
            X