Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone happy with their Full Swing Simulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone happy with their Full Swing Simulator?

I am very disappointed with my Full Swing Simulator and just wondering if I am the only one out there? Would love to hear from someone that likes their FSG setup.

I paid over $90K for the FSG Sim and a Swing Catalyst setup this summer and it has just been one big let down. They provided me with an old version of the E6 software from TruGolf, but it is a version of E6 that was released in 2007 and is pretty limited and no longer supported (enhanced). What they touted as their new Simulator software Full Swing Golf (FSG) is not much more than a Beta version.

FSG Issues:
    • No ability to set the elevation on the driving range
    • Doesn't appear that elevation is factored in to any of the course configurations
    • Golf Ball is shown as square instead of round (think the old Pong Game)
    • No pin shown when you set your range target to a green, so your hitting to a target that is the size of a green with no finer target than that
    • No integration with the Swing Catalyst, even though they sold me both systems
    • Trees, Rocks, Sand is not factored into the sim, so you can hit your ball right thru a tree or a rock and you can putt out of the sand if you wish

I agree with most here, replacing the current system with one of the overhead launch monitors, would be best. In this case for righty/lefty I would choose either the Uneekor EYEXO or the Foresight GCHawk. Just my 2¢ Canadian

Comment

dwomble - my gosh, did they refund you ANY of the $90K??? Seems like you are providing them the exact information they need to update their software/fix it 'correctly' which should be worth a lot of money in the Sim Golf world. Once again, I'm sorry you had such a bad transaction with FSG, and I only hope that a representative from Full Swing Golf can post on this thread and tell us what they are doing to fix any of those issues.

Thanks. Just to be clear, I have $90K in the Full Swing sim, but I have another $250K-$300K in the studio.
      And your studio is incredible! Are those replica lockers from Augusta, or something similar from that time period? Absolutely stunning.

I do wish you best of luck, but would re-iterate what others here are discussing that likely a Uneekor system would server you better, but GC2 is also an excellent choice for floor mounted system. Uneekor is an overhead camera system, there are others from Flightscope (GC Hawk), and from Optishot (Optishot Vision).

Good luck - keep us posted how you end up,
      -Brett

Comment

dwomble - I just read all this, it's an incredible story! I had no knowledge of fullswing (I don't think they sell in Germany) so I just had a look at their homepage. A perfect example of marketing lies obviously! Best system on market, most realistic software, awesome players using it (Tiger, Woodland, Rose...) and so on. I couldn't have imagined so much fake!

But your room ist absolutely fantastic!!
        My courses:
        Wittelsbacher WBGC GC 2020 L
        WBGC 2020 Backtees (L) V2
        Donauworth 2020 Lidar
        Hamburg Falkenstein

Comment

Originally posted by ElPrimero View Post
          dwomble - I just read all this, it's an incredible story! I had no knowledge of fullswing (I don't think they sell in Germany) so I just had a look at their homepage. A perfect example of marketing lies obviously! Best system on market, most realistic software, awesome players using it (Tiger, Woodland, Rose...) and so on. I couldn't have imagined so much fake!

But your room ist absolutely fantastic!!
          To be fair though, it’s just one persons experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixmudd View Post

To be fair though, it’s just one persons experience.
            It is just my experience and that is why I started this thread in the first place. I am genuinely curious to determine if there are others that are happy with their Full Swing system.

Full Swing support readily admits that all of the issues that I am describing are in fact known issues with their FSG product, so I am pretty sure I am not mischaracterizing the situation.

I suspect that most of the Full Swing installs are just running the old 2007 version of E6 and hoping that eventually FSG will become a usable simulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettster View Post
              dwomble - my gosh, did they refund you ANY of the $90K??? Seems like you are providing them the exact information they need to update their software/fix it 'correctly' which should be worth a lot of money in the Sim Golf world. Once again, I'm sorry you had such a bad transaction with FSG, and I only hope that a representative from Full Swing Golf can post on this thread and tell us what they are doing to fix any of those issues.

And your studio is incredible! Are those replica lockers from Augusta, or something similar from that time period? Absolutely stunning.

I do wish you best of luck, but would re-iterate what others here are discussing that likely a Uneekor system would server you better, but GC2 is also an excellent choice for floor mounted system. Uneekor is an overhead camera system, there are others from Flightscope (GC Hawk), and from Optishot (Optishot Vision).

Good luck - keep us posted how you end up,
              -Brett
              Thanks for the kind words. I built the lockers out of reclaimed white oak and tried to create the feel of an old course locker room. The backwall is also lined with lockers. The blue tape on the header is just marking where I am adding some medallions to that section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic4.jpg
Views:	2462
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	313707

The two lockers in the section left of the screen swing open as a unit to get to the bathroom.

Name:	Pic5.jpg
Views:	2402
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	313708

Name:	Pic6.jpg
Views:	2431
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	313709

Finally here is a view from the outside of the studio.

Name:	Pic7.jpg
Views:	2396
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	313710

Comment

• GungHoGolf
                GungHoGolf commented
                Editing a comment
                Very, very nice! Thanks for sharing it!

• fortner28
                fortner28 commented
                Editing a comment
                That is very nice. Great taste and so much character.

• GolfNash
                GolfNash commented
                Editing a comment
                Fantastic setup, mine is in a large office, but I do have a shower. Hope your FSG is tuned in by now. I went with the GC Hawk.

I just ordered an upgrade to my FSG hardware and software. I've been running E6 1.6, which I think came out in 2014 or 2015. 1.6 was a significant improvement over 1.5, which I had since 2009. Not sure why they'd have you running on 1.5.

I pushed the sales rep about being able to hit the ball through rocks, walls and trees in the FSG software (based on your experience) and he assured me this has been taken care of in recent updates. True?

I was generally pleased with 1.6 previously (played on a FSG sim), although its graphics aren't up to 2021 standards.
              Last edited by MNW; 02-15-2021, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks MNW for your feedback. Previously FS told me that my version of E6 was the most current that they supported, I will confirm that again.

I can assure you the last version FSG that was installed on my system the first week of February (V v 1.1.1.8251) does not have Obstacle Collision logic. That "Feature" is on the product road map, currently assigned to a developer named Dan, and scheduled to be included in the FSG product by the end of the summer according to the current plans.

Altitude adjustment and the integration between FSG and Swing Catalyst are still not on the product roadmap.

To their credit, just yesterday FS's Director of Sales offered to refund my money for the FSG software.

Comment

• dwomble
                  dwomble commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Brettster - not sure exactly how best to respond to your comment. I requested the roadmap from the FS director of sales, I don't believe it is online. He indicated that the altitude adjustment feature might be included in a roadmap item titled "Weather", but I personally doubt that.

• MNW
                  MNW commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That makes me nervous about my ugprade. I've just written them again to ask about the obstacle collision issue, because I specifically asked them about that before (based on your review) and was told it was fixed. There's a newer version of E6 which they don't support (E6 Connect) -- although apparently they did support it at one point in beta testing. I really wish they'd allow access to E6 Connect as a fall-back if the new FSG software isn't up to par.

• dwomble
                  dwomble commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would like to know what they tell you regarding the Obstacle Collision, I can assure you that it isn't addressed in the version that was auto-installed on my system earlier this month.

90 grand. OMFG
                My Courses:
                World Par 3's by mthunt
                Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                Weston G&CC by mthunt
                London Hunt Club L mthunt
                Park CC Lidar mthunt
                Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                The National GC L mthunt
                Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                Markland Woods CC mthunt
                Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                Magna GC L mthunt
                Barrie CC L mthunt
                mthunt Range

Comment

Originally posted by dwomble View Post
                  I am very disappointed with my Full Swing Simulator and just wondering if I am the only one out there? Would love to hear from someone that likes their FSG setup.

I paid over $90K for the FSG Sim and a Swing Catalyst setup this summer and it has just been one big let down. They provided me with an old version of the E6 software from TruGolf, but it is a version of E6 that was released in 2007 and is pretty limited and no longer supported (enhanced). What they touted as their new Simulator software Full Swing Golf (FSG) is not much more than a Beta version.

FSG Issues:
                  • No ability to set the elevation on the driving range
                  • Doesn't appear that elevation is factored in to any of the course configurations
                  • Golf Ball is shown as square instead of round (think the old Pong Game)
                  • No pin shown when you set your range target to a green, so your hitting to a target that is the size of a green with no finer target than that
                  • No integration with the Swing Catalyst, even though they sold me both systems
                  • Trees, Rocks, Sand is not factored into the sim, so you can hit your ball right thru a tree or a rock and you can putt out of the sand if you wish

Full Swing Ion 3 here....completely dissapointed. 4 full months, several service calls, an actual service person showed up just recently. Currently, the system is usable but completely innacurate. for 3 months it wasnt usable at all. Now issues, after 4 months of completely light use since it wasnt working. tearing on frame allowing balls to be lost. most shots, anything above a 5 iron or so is about 20-25 yards right of where its supposed to go. not only is it just right. but a closed club face is being reported to e6 as completely open even thought the ion3 camera is showing closed face. before the last service call it was exactly opposite. frustrating...i would be frustrated paying $6000 much less $60k....as of now not even returning service calls. on an accurate sim with e6 im usually a plus 4 cap..several years of leagues including another full swing top golf league. im about 12 strokes worse due to complete inaccurate readings.

Comment

• dwomble
                    dwomble commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jerger123, sorry to hear of your troubles, but I guess misery loves company and glad to know I am not the only one out there having issues.

Originally posted by jerger123 View Post

Full Swing Ion 3 here....completely dissapointed. 4 full months, several service calls, an actual service person showed up just recently. Currently, the system is usable but completely innacurate. for 3 months it wasnt usable at all. Now issues, after 4 months of completely light use since it wasnt working. tearing on frame allowing balls to be lost. most shots, anything above a 5 iron or so is about 20-25 yards right of where its supposed to go. not only is it just right. but a closed club face is being reported to e6 as completely open even thought the ion3 camera is showing closed face. before the last service call it was exactly opposite. frustrating...i would be frustrated paying $6000 much less $60k....as of now not even returning service calls. on an accurate sim with e6 im usually a plus 4 cap..several years of leagues including another full swing top golf league. im about 12 strokes worse due to complete inaccurate readings.
                  Did it work correctly when it was originally installed or was it causing problems from the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by dwomble View Post

To their credit, just yesterday FS's Director of Sales offered to refund my money for the FSG software.
                    A follow up here: I received an email yesterday from Full Swing saying that there were going to refund my full cost of the FSG software. A whopping $1,250. That doesn't quite get me whole on my $90K outlay.

Comment

For that money I would expect the best experience and demand that they send a tech to resolve my issues or replace the unit. If they can't fix it I would definitely make them take it back. People don't tolerate these issues with $2,000 machines.

Comment

Originally posted by fortner28 View Post
                        For that money I would expect the best experience and demand that they send a tech to resolve my issues or replace the unit. If they can't fix it I would definitely make them take it back. People don't tolerate these issues with $2,000 machines.
                        My problem isn’t really a technical set up issue, the software just isn’t very good. I believe my ion camera and laser array is fairly close to accurate (other than clubhead speed), but the software is just totally lacking critical features. I have detailed all of the shortcomings earlier in the thread, so I won’t go over them again here.

Comment

• Brettster
                          Brettster commented
                          Editing a comment
                          dwomble - yes, you see fortner28 is suggesting that it doesn't matter if it is the setup, or the software - if there are that many problems with it, compared to LMs in the $2,000 price range, then ask them to return the whole thing...

I know it may be more work than you want to do, tearing it down, and installing something new, but it appears these are issues that may not go away anytime soon, if ever. Secondly, notice how not a single person from Full Swing Golf responded up here, or explained the situation and their silence indicates they are not working on fixing your issues, or that they just don't care. Sorry, but that is how it appears.

A real bummer, I know. I did like what I saw in their 2021 PGA Merchandise show video, with how the ball enters the screen at the spot you hit the screen - that is cool, but I'm not entirely sure that there are not other LMs available that do the same thing (either by chance, or by design). Other than that, I can't see how this would be the only software they have (with the square ball you mention, and the lack of object interactions) if major pros such as Tiger Woods, and Jordan Spieth are using it?

That is baffling to me, do the pros have different software than you have - and they get that software for promoting the product and they cannot offer that software to you, why? I still think it sounds like they may be hoping that their new Full Swing Kit which will be tied to TGC2019 will solve their software issues and they can move on.

Interesting thread. Amazing studio! Thanks for reminding me how poor my design style is and my lack of creativity (not to mention lack of space). I'll second point that there are a lot of easier/cheaper ways to get realistic play. TGC 2019 has good graphics. Seems only complaints are lateral water hazzard drop doesn't allow two club-length no nearer hole option and on full shots first bounce is a little strong. Literally getting new courses every week for free.

Comment

Working...
                        X