This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest Sports ES16 - New Camera Based LM

• I agree Joko, if they can get accurate measured ball and club data this will be the be all end all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joko View Post
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, if this device can get accurate club head data my bank account (or credit card) will not be happy
      My credit card has been waiting a long time. I might grab an HMT if this doesn't go somewhere soon.
      My Courses:
      World Par 3's by mthunt
      Toronto GC (L) mthunt
      Burlington G&CC by mthunt
      Weston G&CC by mthunt
      London Hunt Club L mthunt
      Park CC Lidar mthunt
      Sunningdale GC Robinson L
      Sunningdale GC Thompson L
      Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
      Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
      The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
      The National GC L mthunt
      Mississaugua GC L mthunt
      Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
      Markland Woods CC mthunt
      Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
      Magna GC L mthunt
      Barrie CC L mthunt
      mthunt Range

Comment

• What is the retail on one of these? Can't seem to find it on their website? Have they stopped selling it while they get the issue ironed out?

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          They were running a promotional pricing special from what I understood.

• I do have it hooked up to my TGC. There is a slightly longer delay with it than there was with the Protee, but you get used to it and it isn't bad. Putting is not yet set up, so you have to set it up for gimmies, which I don't mind and I often did on my Protee anyway.

I'm told club data should be ready any day, but we'll see. It does already have attack angle, club speed (both of which seems much more accurate than the Protee did), and other good stats, but I'll be thrilled when I epget the club data as well since I'm used to having it.

I am am happy with it so far, especially if it ends up being as good as it should be. The battery life is fantastic. It's small and light and fits into a backpack to take to the range, which I have done and it does work, but no launch direction outside yet. But since you can see where the ball goes, that isn't so bad if I can get my club data soon.

I got promo pricing, which as far as I know is still available and probably will be until they finish everything. You call them, you pay a deposit, they make you one and charge the rest when it's shipped (mine took 3 weeks). You pay an extra $200 if you want to be able to use it for simulation.

the app is pretty good on both Windows 10 and on the iPad. Nice that you can set up different sessions and it saves your data. I've already used it to compare clubs and it's supposed to get even better.

If if you use my name with them (Ben Aslan), I do get some back and I'm happy to split it with you. Call them and ask for Jim.

Comment

• Baller any video of the unit in action

Comment

• Hopefully this works. I tried to upload but I don't think it supports it. Here is a video on the windows 10 app.
            Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

• And here is one on TGC.
              Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

• Cklguy2013
                Cklguy2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Those both look great, you're crushing that 6 iron. Do the spin, and ball speed numbers pull through correctly to TGC?

• Baller
                Baller commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! Yes, everything comes through. It does show that face and path are straight since is no data for that yet, it everything else come through and thand ball does what it does regardless since TGC doesn't seem to interpret anything it's just showing what the ES16 is telling it the ball did.

• So I'm taking in that backspin, ball speed, ball speed, side spin, spin axis and launch angle are all registering properly right now? Anything else like clubhead speed or Ball path show?

If these are all showing I'm wondering how with its existing functionality its any different than a GC2, but with the hope of club data to come?

p.s. is it possible to get a bit better picture of the TCG data screen, the existing one is a bit washed out.
              Last edited by Cklguy2013; 10-27-2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Man, that video has been haunting me... I see why I haven't been playing so well. Yes, as of now it has more data than the GC2. Here is a screen shot of the ES16 screen (this is easier to read than the TGC screen) after hitting a 6i yesterday when I was messing around.

Yes, those show as well. Everything you see here, it is currently reading: Attack angle, club speed, ball speed, smash factor, launch angle, launch direction, spin rate, spin axis, ball height, land angle, carry and total distance. There is also a club summary that is divided by sessions (nice that you can separate, like for a club comparison or something) and it shows a couple other things that don't have data as well as averages and dispersion, which is great!

Comment

• ES16 delay in TGC appears equivalent to SkyTrak.

Comment

• Bubba22
                    Bubba22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am testing a unit and it's about 2 seconds. It's faster than my ST for sure but not as fast as a GC2. There are times it is delayed like the ST though.

• Godfather
                    Godfather commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Interesting. Wonder if it's computer dependent like SkyTrak or independent like GC2.

• Baller
                    Baller commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah,I noticed that sometimes there is a longer delay with the ES16. I'm not sure why, but it's not a TGC issue. Is the ES16. The data shows on TGC right after it shows on th screen of the ES16 itself. Just sometimes, the ES16 takes longer to give you the results. Not sure why.

• It appears the distance between the ball and ES16 are way too close. Looks like a shank or a nicked shot on the toe can easily hit the unit. I have a GC2 and I love the fact it sits so far back and out of the way. But glad to see someone finally posting some videos of this product.

Comment

• I think it would be pretty hard to hit it. You can move it a little further, and I was concerned at first, but not so much after hitting a few (including some open face shots accidentally). But much of the exterior is covered with rubber to protect it and they told me they are also developing a protective cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike80 View Post
                      It appears the distance between the ball and ES16 are way too close. Looks like a shank or a nicked shot on the toe can easily hit the unit. I have a GC2 and I love the fact it sits so far back and out of the way. But glad to see someone finally posting some videos of this product.
                      100% correct. There were many reasons why I got rid of it, but the distance between the ball and the unit (and the associated small read area) was the deal killer. This thing sits even closer than ST--and that is too close for comfort, as evidenced by how many people here report that they (or their friends) have hit it.

They need to come out with a protective case, pronto. That thin rubber sleeve is not going to protect much at all. And a direct hit at the camera lens window=game over.

So glad to have moved onto GC2. Both the distance and the size of the ball read area are day and night.

Comment

• Point280
                        Point280 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks mt! Timing was everything. Still set me back, but I couldn't pass on it.

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey, I can't say I wouldn't jump on a good deal for a GC2/HMT combo myself, but you can't argeue hat things with it could be better for what thy charge.

Again, I'm just hoping the ES16 pans out how I want it to or I'll be looking for a deal like yours.

• Point280
                        Point280 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope it works out, too. The GC4 combo unit mentioned in a newer post sounds intriguing. I'm sure if/when it surfaces it won't be cheap. Foresight is proud of their stuff. It might drive the price of the GC2s and HMTs down though. That, or the price will be waaaaaaaaay expensive.

• So at this point, the 3 main issues between the ES16 and the GC2, appear to be ball placement and recognition, a lack of a protective case (although isn't the unit made of acrylic?), and as of yet no putting? And what is the price difference between the 2 units?

Comment

• Putting is working with TGC and ES16 in its latest update but soft putts and chips are not working great yet. Yes the biggest issues are ball recognition area and ease of that recognition. The club data will come. Angle of attack is there on the range app but not TGC test. Myself and Mthunt are doing some testing and work with ES folks to improve things. No full review yet but that will come.

Comment

Working...
                        X