TGC Real Course List v2.3
Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
-
Played Fox Chapel and Pittsburgh Field Club this morning for the first time. Being from Alabama, I obviously haven't played the real course but WOW, those courses are incredible. So much fun to play on sim. Easily went to the top of my favorites list. Reminded me so much of a typical Northern country club layout (which are my favorite). One of my best friends is a club pro in Chicago and after playing some of those courses when visiting, I'm incredibly jealous of those that get to play those type tracks on a regular basis.Last edited by Vincent_Vega; 03-27-2016, 07:10 PM.
-
A lot of the designer courses in the game ignore licensing and just release them. I think Craig (theclv24) was just being careful knowing how crazy Augusta is about their brand as well as the Masters. The last thing he wanted after putting in so much effort for the course was to have either himself or HB-Studios getting a cease and desist letter forcing the course to be pulled. At this point it is pretty common knowledge that Magnolia National (named for the street that the golf course is on) is the same course as Augusta.
-
Awesome! I'll check that course out. Thanks for the info. Yeah wish licensing didn't prevent them from using real course names.
Leave a comment:
-
As the next post says, Magnolia National is Augusta and many consider it the best course in the game. He doesn't use Augusta in the name since they are so crazy about licensing. Play the 2016 version. It has the full length, a ProTee shorter length and then there is a back nine only, ks man corner (Amen corner - 3 hole course) and the Par 3 course. It should be either at the top or near it for first courses to play.
-
Any good Augusta National developed by one of the good designers. I see a bunch in search but only want to add top quality courses to my favorites.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks. We're playing Troon in a few weeks on tour so I'll let him know after I get one of those rounds in.
-
Hey good work on the course list and video. I know Yeltzman is looking to see one of his online,so maybe you could film one of his if you haven't already.
Leave a comment:
-
FYI, Bethpage Black is coming but not yet in our database. Also it currently only has the very long version. Once the course is available on our server I'll update the list. It would be confusing to put it on the list here since we can't find it yet to play. A few other courses are also getting closer to completion. A few of us are regularly on the HB-Studios forums reminding the designers not to forget about us.
One other thing I've started to do which is getting good feedback (at least from the couple of designers I have spoken to) is that I'm recording my rounds and embedding a webcam. This allows the designer to see how the course plays on the simulator. From now on I will post my rounds on my YouTube channel. I also call out what club I'm using. For some of the designers that spend 50+ hours designing these courses (some way more) it is rewarding to see how a real player fares. If you want to do this I'd recommend including as many ghost balls as you can (some courses don't have any if there aren't plays on it yet). This allows the designer to see how a few others players do. In those scenarios I try and include some of the better scores and perhaps one round similar to mine. When speaking to the camera I treat it as if I'm speaking to the designer directly. While it might not seem like fun to us to watch a 45 minute video of a person playing we have to remember we get to do this all the time. For a designer to grab a beer and see how their course plays it actually can be quite rewarding (and will only encourage future courses to be designed with us in mind).
ks-man's YouTube channel of golf rounds
Leave a comment:
-
Glen Abbey and Riviera are both well done from a layout and contouring standpoint, just wish they weren't quite as heavily treed i.e. with branched encroaching into the fairways, and that they weren't quite as dark. I've played Glen Abbey a number of times and it is much wider open then the sim version, although the layout is great.Last edited by Cklguy2013; 02-15-2016, 06:23 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks. These days most recreation courses have ProTee (or at least shorter) courses available. I don't really see the need to split it out. I do have the * if there is a ProTee course and I tend to give priority to the better courses and the ones with ProTee ones towards the top of the list.
Leave a comment:
-
This is a great thread Ks-Man, I wonder if the first category could be split between Protee Specific and other real courses?
Leave a comment:
-
Nice to see new textures and objects available, as I will have to admit that many of the course were starting to have the "same" look to them, with continuous improvements only better days ahead as well.
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: