TGC Real Course List v2.3

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bnorman58
    commented on 's reply
    Good point! I might try that also. Here is a link in this forum that mentions that.
    Crazycanuck1985 shows you how to create a course from scratch in 10 short instruction videos. Course Design 101 Episode 1 - Getting Started https://www.youtube.co

  • FaultyClubs
    commented on 's reply
    It's possible to design courses with the PC version isn't it?

  • Bnorman58
    replied
    You can remote in but the only thing I cant do when I remote in is pan the view right to left which is very important for putting in fences and such. Yeah, my sim computer is in a very cold garage right now and since I am active when playing, a small propane heater does the job. Designing...I will wait for the summer. Sorry to go against the subject of the thread guys.

    Leave a comment:


  • MainStGolf
    replied
    The problem is I can't design on my mac. My sim computer is not in a spot that is conducive to sitting down to design. I have another PC I could put in my office, but I don't think you can put the software on two different computers one for sim play and one for design can you?

    Leave a comment:


  • goatbarn
    commented on 's reply
    What was the name of it? I may want to play it tonight with some buddies.

  • Bnorman58
    replied
    I have been playing with the course designer a bit. It is very tedious but there is some great info out there especially on the HB Studio site. I am building a local muni here in colorado springs and it has taken me about 40 hours to get through 8 holes but I learned a lot on the fly that I would do different. Anyway, the point being, I know its a lot of work but for a 9 hole course, I'll bet you could do it in less than a month if you committed a little time here and there. Plus, there are nuances that you know about the course that nobody else would be able to get right as much as you. You can play the hole after you design it and make tweaks which it really nice, though like I say, tedious.

    Leave a comment:


  • MainStGolf
    commented on 's reply
    I'm wanting to find someone to design our course here in Kingman, Kansas. It's a 9-hole course. I think I could get more people into my shop if they could come in and play "our" course indoors.

  • Cklguy2013
    replied
    Sounds like a cottage industry for an entrepreneurial designer.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jwheels9876
    replied
    Originally posted by MainStGolf View Post
    How can we find someone to design a course? I'd even be willing to pay.
    I've thought the same thing... I'd love to have a quality version of my home course made for me to play during the winter.

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    A real course or a course designed for you?

  • Wyzyguy
    replied
    Originally posted by MainStGolf View Post
    How can we find someone to design a course? I'd even be willing to pay.
    Which course???

    Leave a comment:


  • MainStGolf
    replied
    How can we find someone to design a course? I'd even be willing to pay.

    Leave a comment:


  • aeroburner
    commented on 's reply
    Trump! I got to try it, does the driving range have protestors you can hit at that would be great.

  • Wyzyguy
    replied
    I found the ProTee Version of Trump Philly! Thanks

    Leave a comment:


  • Wyzyguy
    commented on 's reply
    Is any particular version of Trump National Philadelphia any better for sim than another?
Working...