TGC Real Course List v2.3

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rdh
    replied
    The courses are added two ways:

    1. ProTee runs a sync to bring them over (this is often done when an update is released, and occasionally in between updates)
    or
    2. A designer emails a course file to someone on the protee side to publish a course onto the protee server ahead of an update

    I don't know trump Philadelphia myself, but I can say that the course I beta tested was beautifully done. The designer has been working with someone who plays there so he's had insider help to tweak it and get it very accurate. I'm looking forward to this one a lot!

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    replied
    Originally posted by rdh View Post
    As ks-man said, awesome versions of Oakmont and Oakland hills are close to ready. I beta tested a version of Trump National Philadelphia recently and it was one of the best courses I've seen...just fantastic. I've been pushing the designer to release it soon before the sync!

    Once the next sync happens, there are a bunch of RCRs that will show up that have been released over the last while. Some may be on the protee server already, but new protee versions have been released with better yardages for the mortals.

    Torrey Pines
    Montreux Golf Club
    Mission Hills
    Harbor Town (colinmafia's version)
    Crooked Stick
    Nob North
    Chamonix
    Bethpage Black
    Banff Springs
    Southern Hills (new protee version)
    Atlanta Athletic Club

    On the topic of colinmafia's courses, I like them. They're not spot-on recreations, particularly where the greens are concerned, but they look good and play well and are close enough to the real thing that you can tell what course you're playing. His greens are more simulator-friendly than the real courses would be because his greens are relatively flat for the most part. They're good versions to play while waiting for the near-perfect recreations to come later (i.e. CLV's harbor town).

    great info!

    i'm new to all of this and assuming courses are only added via sync and updates?

    Trump Philadelphia is a great course, I played it several times prior to him buying it when it was Pine Hill Golf Club. I think the 13 or 14th tee is the highest point in south jersey and on a clear day can see the philly skyline in the distance.


    Leave a comment:


  • rdh
    replied
    As ks-man said, awesome versions of Oakmont and Oakland hills are close to ready. I beta tested a version of Trump National Philadelphia recently and it was one of the best courses I've seen...just fantastic. I've been pushing the designer to release it soon before the sync!

    Once the next sync happens, there are a bunch of RCRs that will show up that have been released over the last while. Some may be on the protee server already, but new protee versions have been released with better yardages for the mortals.

    Torrey Pines
    Montreux Golf Club
    Mission Hills
    Harbor Town (colinmafia's version)
    Crooked Stick
    Nob North
    Chamonix
    Bethpage Black
    Banff Springs
    Southern Hills (new protee version)
    Atlanta Athletic Club

    On the topic of colinmafia's courses, I like them. They're not spot-on recreations, particularly where the greens are concerned, but they look good and play well and are close enough to the real thing that you can tell what course you're playing. His greens are more simulator-friendly than the real courses would be because his greens are relatively flat for the most part. They're good versions to play while waiting for the near-perfect recreations to come later (i.e. CLV's harbor town).

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    replied
    Originally posted by mthunt View Post

    The Harbor Town by CLV is a long way away. None of the Kiawah courses I played are any good.
    Bummer on the Lack of a good Kiawah Ocean course.

    Is the Harbor town by colinmafia any good? video I saw appeared to be good.

    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Psw757 View Post
    Is the harbor town on the list is one of the courses listed on tgc now or is there another to be released?

    Anyone know if the Kiawah course is any good and how well does it represent the real course?
    The Harbor Town by CLV is a long way away. None of the Kiawah courses I played are any good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    replied
    Is the harbor town on the list is one of the courses listed on tgc now or is there another to be released?

    Anyone know if the Kiawah course is any good and how well does it represent the real course?

    Leave a comment:


  • ks-man
    replied
    There are a bunch that will become available with the next course sync. You can see some courses that are being worked on in this forum.

    Both Oakmont and Oakland Hills should be very good and sound to be almost done. Hopefully they get rolled out before the course sync b/c ProTee seems to only do the sync every few months now. We've all been asking for a monthly sync on a schedule but it seems like ProTee doesn't want to do that. Would definitely be a shame if we miss out on Oakmont before the US Open. That is being done by theclv24 who did Magnolia, Pinehurst, Chambers, and Merion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Psw757
    replied
    Anyone know what the next real courses to be completed will be?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by longhornlove View Post
    Really like Pittsburg or maybe I jus played well. Shot 2 over.
    That's a very nice round on there, was just playing that today myself and started off great but didn't end as well is all I'll say haha

    Leave a comment:


  • longhornlove
    replied
    Really like Pittsburg or maybe I jus played well. Shot 2 over.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shardak
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post
    Played Fox Chapel and Pittsburgh Field Club this morning for the first time. Being from Alabama, I obviously haven't played the real course but WOW, those courses are incredible. So much fun to play on sim. Easily went to the top of my favorites list. Reminded me so much of a typical Northern country club layout (which are my favorite). One of my best friends is a club pro in Chicago and after playing some of those courses when visiting, I'm incredibly jealous of those that get to play those type tracks on a regular basis.
    I just tried Fox Chapel. It is an excellect course. It looks great, great lighting, great visibility on all shots. A perfect practice course for high handicappers like myself.


    Leave a comment:


  • mthunt
    commented on 's reply
    Wow that's high praise. I'll have to play them.

  • Cklguy2013
    replied
    I agree on Fox Chapel and Pittsburgh, IMHO 2 of the best if not the 2 best courses available for sim play.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vincent_Vega
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't yet but I plan on it soon. Thanks for reminding me. 7500 is a beast, but I don't mind it every once in a while. It's a nice change of pace. May try and tackle that one tomorrow.

  • mthunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Vincent_Vega View Post
    Played Fox Chapel and Pittsburg Field Club this morning for the first time. Being from Alabama, I obviously haven't played the real course but WOW, those courses are incredible. So much fun to play on sim. Easily went to the top of my favorites list. Reminded me so much of a typical Northern country club layout (which are my favorite). One of my best friends is a club pro in Chicago and after playing some of those courses when visiting, I'm incredibly jealous of those that get to play them on a regular basis.
    Have you played BoomBoom's Bethpage? It's so good I almost crapped my pants. It's not for the faint of heart or a bunt. It's hard and 7500.

    Leave a comment:

Working...