Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: What's most important when buying a Golf Simulator?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: What's most important when buying a Golf Simulator?

The decision to buy a Golf Simulator is an extremely important one, for such a purchase almost inevitably brings significant changes in your financial situation, personal life and golf handicap

Which benefit is the most important to you when you are in the market for a Golf Simulator?
    Ease of installation
    1.25%
    Manufactured locally
    0%
    Software package included
    3.33%
    Quality of data collected
    77.08%
    Service and support
    2.08%
    Price
    16.25%

Would be nice to be able to select 2.. #1 would have to be quality of data collected then price as #2. If it's hard to set up you have done something wrong lol!

Comment

Quality of data makes the most sense. A bad launch monitor, or inaccurate one, can only hinder your game and progress. A good one with accurate and reliable data will help you improve as a golfer.

Comment

Quality of data

Comment

Price for me.

Comment

Price point was my limiting factor. SkyTrak I could afford without sweating it, the next tier was more than I felt comfortable spending. I imagine many people in different financial circumstances make their choices based on the same decisions.

Other than that I'd go #s 6,4,3,5,1,2 in descending order. Manufactured locally seems like an odd choice, there aren't that many different monitors made.
            Last edited by trhuke; 11-27-2019, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Data has to be the most important, without good data you would be just as well off hitting into a net and going with feel. Personally, I would probably not have spent the money if I didn't live in a place with a very short golfing season, however now that I have a SkyTrak I would be reluctant to get rid of it even if I moved somewhere that's warm all year.

Comment

One that has boost builded in

Comment

my own personal opinion is room size is paramount if your space is minimal or just meets minimum requirements it limiting and could actually promote bad habits

my rooms smallish and I simply refuse to swing longer clubs even though its possible

after that accuracy and that's only really verifiable with good data

Comment

Again we see the reason asking the right question is the most important phase of problem solving. The above are all fine questions.

For me it's service and support, to avoid all sorts of issues, and, if there is great service and support, the data collected is more likely than not going to be "spot on." Then there's the converse of the inverse...

Thank you very much

FURY

Comment

Tonysmjc -
                      my own personal opinion is room size is paramount if your space is minimal or just meets minimum requirements it limiting and could actually promote bad habits

my rooms smallish and I simply refuse to swing longer clubs even though its possible
                      Wow, I'm converting my 12'x16' shed into a simulator and it's definitely on the small side, but I don't want to feel like I can't swing a longer club in it, my ceiling height is 10', before my flooring/ceiling go in, so may drop down to 9'6" and I know that's should work based on what I measured....

I'm wondering your simulator size, and if you feel that one part could be extended what would help you feel less limited, would it be a taller ceiling, a wider width, or a longer depth that might help most?

Comment

10 x 17 x 10 high

and while it is possible to swing driver by cheating off to one side
                        i dislike both the space constraint and the off set

Comment

My buddy has a sim that is 10 feet wide. It’s a little tight but very playable.
                          My Courses:
                          World Par 3's by mthunt
                          Toronto GC (L) mthunt
                          Burlington G&CC by mthunt
                          Weston G&CC by mthunt
                          London Hunt Club L mthunt
                          Park CC Lidar mthunt
                          Sunningdale GC Robinson L
                          Sunningdale GC Thompson L
                          Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
                          Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
                          The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
                          The National GC L mthunt
                          Mississaugua GC L mthunt
                          Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
                          Markland Woods CC mthunt
                          Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
                          Magna GC L mthunt
                          Barrie CC L mthunt
                          mthunt Range

Comment

My room is 18 x 18 with a 9' ceiling - here is a video of my set up and all the components - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtQ3Xeszv2c&t=2s

Comment

Quality of data, followed closely by $$

Comment

Working...
                              X