Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optishot 2.0 and Online Tournament Procedures

Optishot Tour Management Board

1. The Optishot Tour Board consists of 4 Board Members and a Tour Secretary/Administrator.

2. They will manage The Optishot Online Tour, managing the guidelines and tournaments, as well as overseeing the integrity and regulations of play by all members.

3. They will review all applications for setting changes and review all evidence provided before making their decision. They will publish a formal statement relating to the setting change if approved.

4. They will handle all reports of breaches of the following guidelines by way of a closed discussion, and administer the penalties in accordance with the guidelines below. They may publish formal statements relating to the breach and penalty applied if necessary.

5. A current list of Board Members is found at

http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...-online-league

Ball Settings

1. Players MUST set the ball type to the actual ball they are physically hitting. Players are to hit either a Real ball or Foam ball if their setup allows, due to unreliable data from the No Ball setting.

Clubset Settings

1. Players Driver settings MUST be set the to following, dependant on the ball and turf type they are using.

a. Real Ball, Stock Turf - 100% Speed, 88% Distance.............

b. Real Ball, Thick Turf - 100% Speed 88% Distance...............

c. Foam Ball, Stock Turf - 93% Speed, 88% Distance.............

d. Foam Ball, Thick Turf - 100% Speed, 88% Distance... Note May need to tee lower to get accurate swing speed.

e. No Ball Setting - 100% Speed 88% Distance ......................

2. Players MUST set the Loft and Offset Setting of all clubs to the loft of the club they are physically hitting

3. If using a 3 wood instead of Driver due to Height Restrictions Use Identical settings to those you would normally use as per your ball and turf setup above.

4. 3 wood and 5 wood MUST NOT exceed Speed 100% Distance 100% . Players can always adjust lower.

5. Players Irons MUST be set to achieve real world distances and both Speed% and Distance % settings may be altered up or down to achieve the correct distances.

6. Players may set the Putter Speed % Setting between 80% and 100% to reflect there real life Putting stroke. The Distance % MUST remain at 100%
    When Putting, players MUST hit either a real or foam ball, unless using the No Ball Setting for the whole round.

7. Players MUST NOT carry out any adjustments to any Clubset Settings during a round.

8. - Penalty . Anyone found in breach of the above settings shall be removed from the Tournament and/or face further action as the Board see's fit.

​Trajectory Settings

1. The Highest Trajectory setting MUST NEVER be used off the tee or for approach shots from the fairway/rough purely in order to gain yardage but is to be used in situations when a higher trajectory is required to clear obstacles or obstructions. All other trajectory settings may be used and altered at any time with any club during a round. Until DD fixes software.

2 - Penalty - Anyone found in breach of the above guideline shall be awarded a 2 stroke penalty for each individual offence.

Pro Tour No Handicap League

Player participating on Pro Tour need to meet these additional requirements

The Pro Tour League is held to a higher Standard in regards to accountability for Scores Posted.. All Rounds Must be Recorded showing Clearly Ball Setting, and Club Setting, and then Posted on the Online Golf tour Video Thread... , No Players are Exempt from this...

Club Settings - Loft, Offsets, and speed and distance within Guidelines, ensure that the Video Quality is good enough to see all Club settings.

All Recording are subject to other Players Scrutiny to ensure players are playing within the Guidelines. Tour Pro Players that report concerns to me or the board, will be investigated promptly. Any obvious manipulation of software, or unrealistic settings, found during review of Video will be subject to banning from Pro Tour League, and from Site.

All players that fail to post video's will be disqualified from PGA Tour Tournament upon closing Event. No exceptions

Screen Recording Requirement

1. All Players are encouraged to record/stream their rounds and upload them via Twitch or Youtube within 24 hours of completing their round to relieve any suspicion of game tampering, or any unrealistic distances. If unable to record or stream you are still subject to provide such video if questions arise about your game play.

2. Before starting round please show Ball Setting and Clubset Settings for EVERY club.

3. Please post your Video's on
    Optishot Online Video's of Online Tournaments.. http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...ne-tournaments

4. If when viewing another Players uploaded video you spot what you believe to be a breach of any of these guidelines you are to report it to The Board, giving the Players Name, a link to the video, the breach you wish to report, and the time that the proposed breach occurs.

Gameplay Format

1. Tournaments will be either set in 2-4 Rounds for each Event. Matches will be created on Monday for all Tournaments. Invitations, sent directly to your Optishot and notified via Email., Please Pay attention to the Round you enter. TourRD1A means round 1 first group. TourRD1B means round 1 second group and so on.

Invitations: Round 1 will go out by 10PM EST Monday Night, Round 2 Invites will go out by 10PM Wednesday Night and Rounds 3 and 4 by 10PM EST Friday Night. Please do not ask for invitations in advance do to the amount of time involved.

2. All rounds need to be completed by Sunday Night at 10PM EST, so Tournament can be close out. If all Rounds are not completed then a Player will be given a final score of DNF for the Event.

3. Once you begin a Round you must complete that Round. If you exit the Round before completion you will be disqualified from the Tournament. However if this is due to circumstance beyond your control, ie power cut or software error, this will be dealt with on a case by case basis by the Board.

****************** Scorecard

1. After accepting your invite and when starting your round on Optishot you must also select Play Round for the corresponding round on the My Tournaments tab on the ****************** website

2. Scores for all Rounds will be entered in Live format. Entry will be done after completion of each hole and player must enter score the for each on the website. This will give players the opportunity to know where they sit during game play and give live in running scores

3. All scorecards will be verified and any scorecard that is inaccurate is subject to a 2 stroke penalty for EACH Entry that is incorrect. If it is found that the entry was done on purpose it will result in disqualification from the Tournament

Handicapping

1. The Secretary/Administrator will auto-calculate before each tournament using a range -10 to +15, all players under 6 rounds will be adjusted to a conservative index until 6 rounds are achieved. We will use - handicaps with not adjustments. Subject to change

Please read fully and understand rules above, ensure you have the OBS recording software installed and tested, and familiarise yourself with both the Optishot Software, The ****************** website and these forums

Once you are fully setup and ready to take part in an event, have completed the necessary Clubset Settings, have Screen Recording Software in place, and are fully familiar with all the above Rules and guideline please post below that you have read, fully understood and agree to comply with all the above.

Guidelines can be modified at anytime and will be posted on this Thread..

So please subscribe to the Thread so you are made aware of any Updates.

Welcome to the Optishot Online Tour
    Last edited by CatMan; 03-03-2015, 05:43 PM.

• Welcome aboard Paul, great to get you set up so quickly, and enjoy your 1st Round

Comment

• Hey guys new to the forum and optishot. I just installed the optishot 2 in my garage with a nice setup. 10x12 screen and projector.. will post pictureswhen my rug comes in for putting this week.. however im unsure how to join the tour or how to record my rounds. I have the jagman joe turf top as well. Can anyone link me to how to make clubs more accurate i seem to be getting misreads and slicing everything

Comment

• wbond
        wbond commented
        Editing a comment
        google optishot taping your woods and irons. When i had optishot, i used white duct tape over flat black tape on woods and putter. Worked much better especially when you calibrate with 2.0.

• Sbshshsjsbab
      Last edited by Lachlan Allwood; 09-05-2016, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• I have to have all of my clubs (even driver) offset to -.8 degrees with slight changes between each club to make the ball flight more accurately represent what I do on a real course. Optishot is always reading that I have a 5-15 degree closed face and gives me a decent draw on almost every shot I make. In reality, I rarely draw the ball and actually have a slight slice to most of my ball flights so I adjusted for this to make it more accurate. I see that you cannot adjust offset from what the clubs are actually at, which is a concern for me to actually compete and enjoy a tournament without all my balls drawing to the left. My clubs are taped, successfully calibrated and I've tried multiple different lighting angles with same results. What are my options here? as I intend to soon join some tournaments.

Comment

• Hello fellow Shot'rs!

New optishooter here and I have read and understand...it's an honor!

On the subject of offset, I would appreciate an interpretation regarding my offset being as high as 0.400 on a driver when I see that some users are using 0 offset for theirs successfully. I do play real golf and have a repeatable shot shape and is my basis for offsetting. It just seems to me that these figures are much higher than others and I'm wondering, if that is the case, then what is wrong with this picture?! Well... it has to be the sensor. right? or is it?....

I have used the directions and advice around here to tape all the clubs, and have found mostly success. My iron distances are all quite low (blames the heavy turf top) and are boosted to fairly represent my IRL #'s. I boost to 108% througout the irons. All is fair in golf and boosting!

As I have no intention of boosting my sim profile ego, I'd like to hear if boosting distances by 8% and offset between 50-100% throughout the iron set is considered within acceptable range? I have messed around on it for about 20 hours now and figure unless I'm going to dramatically change my technique the offset tweaks will let me see another year of reasonably good golf without figuring out what the hell just happened to my real game over winter.

I tip my hat to those like bracobb. Firstly for his efforts around the league and optimization of the game. Secondly, for playing a 000 offset driver and spec'd offset through his entire bag...feels like a cheat in action when you know there are guys playing under those offsets

Off to repent?

Just wish I'd made the jump sooner to be around like minded optigolfers.

Cheers,
          Paul

Comment

• Hello... Me too. I've been a long time Opti player and play with the handle 'CB'. Like the prior post, I have read and understand ...
            Courses Created:
            Cresent Hill KY (L)
            Cherokee Park KY (L) 9
            Seneca GC KY (L) 18
            Charlie Vettiner KY (L)

Comment

• Bought my Optishot2 in late 2016. Just opened it in December 2017. I'm a low handicapper trying to keep rust off over the winter. Distances are way off for me on the irons & not quite as bad for the woods. I hit my 8-iron about 160 in the air. Opti had me at 120. I have a consistent draw swing. Shows that way for the irons. The driver sometimes goes 100 yds to the left. Have adjusted the offsets both ways & with not much success. I can adjust swing to take all that into account & score quite well with the easy putting. I guess I just need to keep tweaking those offsets to try and find something.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingB84 View Post
                ... I guess I just need to keep tweaking those offsets to try and find something.
                Set up is everything with Optishot. Lighting is critical. Since the Optishot uses IR sensors to detect the club, you need to make sure the lighting is correct. No sunlight, no incandescent bulbs. Use only CFLs or LED bulbs for lighting. More than likely, you will need to "tape" your clubs. I use a strip of white electrical tape on mine. Finally, Optishot is very generous with the driver, out of the box. Depending on what type ball you are hitting you will need to adjust the setting for "real life" distance. With a foam ball, the Distance setting needs to be at 88%. Finally, forget the offset and calibrate each club. Use a slow putting motion when calibrating.

With these tweaks, you can have a pretty darn good system.

Comment

• KingB84
                  KingB84 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have mine setup in my living room and using the "no ball" setting. I thought I saw somewhere that you lose distance in that mode. I've lost a fair amount. I average about 285-290 off the tee in real life. ALL of my distance settings are 100+ to reach real life distances. I did calibrate the clubs immediately. I didn't realize the offsets didn't mean anything if you calibrate. I thought I remembered that from somewhere, but with some of the wild shots I wasn't sure. I'll do the lighting next and see if that helps. I did read thru the testing that some of the guys were going thru previously. The no ball method wasn't really looked into.

Thanks.

• KingB84....Do you "tape" your clubs? The previous testing found the the "no ball" setting produces overly long distances. To get more realistic distances, the "Distance Setting" was brought down to 88%.
                The next step would be to look at taping and lighting.

Comment

• KingB84
                  KingB84 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I put white "electrical" tape on my 3-wood & 4/5 hybrids. Hauled out some CFL's for the living room. Didn't notice a difference today. These are the actual settings I have to get my "normal" average yardages. 4 hybrid (215) 127/99---5 hybrid (205) 132/95---6 iron (190) 131/104---7 iron (175+) 133/107---8 iron (160) 122/107---9 iron (150) 124-108---PW (140) 120/111---GW (125) 124/115---SW (115) 119/115---LW (90) 116/113
                  I have a fictional 64˚ wedge set for (70) 118/96. Driver distance is setup just right for the driving range. About 300. 3-wood is set @ about 245. The driver is above average for me at 300. The 3-wood is just right off the ground. I can actually hit it 260-280 off the tee. (real life) As I am not a computer guy, I wouldn't be able to join in the tournaments. It would probably be too much trouble to figure out all that needs to be done to post a score. Having a good time trying to beat my own scores as I come back thru the courses a second time around though.
                  Thanks, braycobb.

• I have read and agree to rules and regs. rdrtech on the optishot system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carl Finlay View Post
                  I have read and agree to rules and regs. rdrtech on the optishot system.
                  Carl....Please check your messages.....

Comment

• I have read and agree to the rules and regulations. Thanks everyone for their awesome advice. I have read everything and am just in the process of taping my clubs and redoing the lighting with my setup. I’m curious to know if people found an increase in club speed and yardage when they did tape their clubs? Thanks again for having me

Comment

Working...
                    X