Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protee System picking up the golf tee instead of the ball !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protee System picking up the golf tee instead of the ball !!!!

What adjustments can I make to get the Protee to stop picking up the golf tee. Played both tournament rounds today and had at least 4 tee shots hit the centre of the screen, golf tee goes to the right corner of the screen and protee sends my ball straight right off the screen.

Was playing great when the first time it happened on the 2nd round it put me straight into the river when it should have been in the fairway.... thanks for the triple. It happened a second time and I sucked it up then on the 18 hole again thats B.S. I did rewind I am not wining anyway.

Sorry for the vent, but anything to get it to stop picking up the tee??? Is it my camera settings making the tee whiter than the ball or what? When it happens its frustrating and ruins the round.

Thanks,

Actually My post is the same thing and I think it is the reflection of the light on your club, I notice on the previews it picks up the club and ball and readjusting the gray scale. Don't get me wrong I haven't figured it out yet but that's what I think we need to spend the time on.
    My Courses: all are LiDAR
    Wilkshire LiDAR
    Glenmoor
    Brookside LiDAR
    Shady Hollow CC​

Comment

Talk to ProTee....

Comment

A couple of points, make sure you use black or blue tees.....

After that, when you get a video capture of the system picking up the tee (or club head for that matter), put your cursor on the streak and note the greyscale number you get. Hopefully the number you are getting on the tee (or clubhead) is far smaller than the number you get on your golf ball streak. Then go into settings and move the minimum greyscale slider to a slightly higher number than you are reading....the system should then ignore the tee streak.....

BTW, I orginally used the claw type tees but had to switch to black, wooden tees for this reason...now it's a non-issue.

Comment

Thanks for the information gene438 you must go through a shitload of wooden tees......

I checked out your post about the camera picking up the club head Lefty71. I had the same problem more with wedges getting picked up..... I also had the problem with any light coloured woods, I have had to tape them up with purple painters tape to stop them from being picked up.

Protee suggested some edits for me when I was asking about the wedges being pickup - "Set the V-Cam detection method for wedges to PT4. You have it set to PT1 which should work but your player handness is probably set to left handed in the interface (check main screen)." This seemed to have rectified the wedge problem.... not the white headed woods though (just tape has worked)

Though I would post a pic of one of my set ups.....

Comment

• PROTEE UK
            PROTEE UK commented
            Editing a comment
            Pt1 works best with white headed woods, maybe just a bit of camera work will solve this as we have no issues picking any club, shot up at all and no misreads in hundreds and hundreds of shots even the tiniest chip shot

Perfect solution for the flying tee issue. These tees rarely come out of the mat, indestructible and guaranteed for life. Wooden tees will always break! camera settings can also be tweaked to remove tee in the image and also newer interface version 3.15z12 has improved ball detection rules. For more info on the tees email jamie@proteeuk.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X