Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video recording software - Kinovea - it's awesome

Hi guy

Just wanted to shout out to Kinovea as a GREAT program to do video replay. I use IDS uEye cameras with Skytrak + TGC and it's awesome.

I've used MotionView, V1, Swinguru Pro, Trackman TPS and other software... this is awesome and FREE!!
    [url]http://www.24-7.golf[/url]
    AUS: +61390057975
    USA : +14698449353
    Flightscope and SkyTrak Distributor

this is the corrected version.
    Attached Files

Comment

inorkuo thank you very much. The new script is working great. @all don't use it the first time in an tournament. Did that last night and was so determent with changing my bad swing that I forgot I was playing a tournament lol. This software and setup are great. Never thought that i was going back so far in my backswing. Thanks again to all involved for the great work

Comment

• inorkuo
        inorkuo commented
        Editing a comment
        You're welcome. I'm happy to hear that it's working for you. I didn't think about how different languages could change what the script would have to do.

Hi all,

I am seriously considering upgrade my sim room with front and down camera to improve my swing. Is this setup (script + cheap camera around 60$) still appropriate or do you advise something new since few months ?

Thanks again for all thèses help/inputs.

Comment

if you are looking for a 2 camera setup, if your computer is fast enough, this is a great solution. it's not the easiest to set up, but once you get it up and running, it's easy to use. there are also apps like zepp and swingprofile that you can use on a phone or tablet that work pretty well if you are looking for a 1 camera setup.

Comment

inorkuo thanks for sharing, this post made me wanna try 2 x ps3 cams. But im struggeling with using both at the same time. Kinovea sort of finns both cameras but only show picture for one. I use windows 8.1 on My sim-computer ( dont ask Why) But anyways how did you do? Thanks in advance

Comment

I have a question:
          If you use the this kinovea software. How is it possible to get this to do auto record. Its a bugger you need to start it. I read that you can use a software to pickup the sound when you hit the ball. But how do you see the hole swing then. Wont you only get it from when you hit the ball then?

Comment

• inorkuo
            inorkuo commented
            Editing a comment
            kinovea 0.8.15 has a live delay feature so if your swing takes 3 seconds, you put a 3 second delay in kinovea and when the sound of the strike triggers the recording your swing is captured.

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            Inorkue is correct....I think we confuse the discussion sometimes by using record and playback. The fact is we are just using a delay which shows the swing after the delay that you specify. We are not recording, going to playback, etc...

• gene438
            gene438 commented
            Editing a comment
            Forget to add, that I actually use 10 seconds for first camera and 12 seconds on the second camera. I found that I need that much time after contact to watch the ball in flight on TGC, then see the info screen then the kinovea. If you are strictly hitting on kinovea the yea, 2 to 3 seconds would be about right

This is awesome!

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I have been writing some computer vision software for another project, and realized it would be really easy to write an all in one golf application to record, playback, etc... what would be your top feature requests for something like this?

Comment

• wzjy47
              wzjy47 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your offer! I'm no expert by any means, but I've been looking to set something up in my garage to record my kids swings. Here are a few of the main things I'd like:

-Auto Record/Swing Detection
              -Auto Reply
              -Slow Motion Replay/Step by Step
              -Dual Cameras, Synced
              -Ability to draw lines/shapes

I think inorkuo's script with Kinovea has a lot of these features, but I haven't gotten it setup yet, so I'm not sure...I'd also be interested if you have anny camera recommendations...I've got a couple of the 1080p Full HD 120fps High Speed OV2710 CMOS Mini Box USB Web Camera 2.1mm Lens recommended in this thread, but I'd be interested if you had any suggestions that could provide a higher frame rate without having to spend hundreds of dollars...I know that might be wishful thinking...Thanks again for your offer to help!

• dborden0
              dborden0 commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't have any recommendations for cameras. I am still trying to figure that out. I have a ps3eye and some webcams I have been using so far. I know the PS3eye has caused problems for lots of people, especially with multiple cameras, so I am guessing they aren't the best. I'm probably going to buy the OV2710 as it seems to be the most reasonably priced camera in the high frame rates. My current project doesn't require the high frame rates though. Thanks for the suggestions!

• FaultyClubs
              FaultyClubs commented
              Editing a comment
              Unless ELP has fixed their cameras most people have found they run at 120 fps but intermally drop frames so they only output 100 frames per second. You can force the frame rate to speed correct them but they still will be jittery. I bought one several years ago that runs at a true 120 and it is good. Smooth as silk. I then bought another one a few years later that had this 120/100 fps behaviour and honestly I don't know why people keep buying them. Long winded way of saying I wouldn't buy an ELP 120 fps ov2710 unless they have fixed their problem.
          Working...
          X