RSM Classic

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The RSM Classic Open runs from TODAY - November 19.

Purse: $7,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    Shot Recording is a Tournament feature. In order to use shot recording you must have a tournament user profile. Play at least 1 live tournament event or official Q

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

Hmm. Shot recording is off.
      I didn't know, why shot recording is off.
      Can I play this tournament again with shot recording on?

Comment

I really should remember to use a new ball for the tournament rounds, hit a weird low slice with my drive on the back nine par 5 and went in the trees only about 180 yards, got out on to the fairway and flushed my 3 wood but only went 200 total, low and behold a big old crack on my ball.. I seem to be going through my Chomesoft balls at a incredible rate of knots, might have to give some other balls a trail to find something a bit more durable

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
          DirtyGarry24 commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel ya on the cracked ball Tommy. It always seems to be that second bad shot before I figure out what has happened. Chromesoft and Snell balls are pretty bad about breaking. I've broken 25+ in a years time. I've went to nxt tour s balls and they seem indestructible. Good luck.

Originally posted by Tommyseb View Post
        I really should remember to use a new ball for the tournament rounds, hit a weird low slice with my drive on the back nine par 5 and went in the trees only about 180 yards, got out on to the fairway and flushed my 3 wood but only went 200 total, low and behold a big old crack on my ball.. I seem to be going through my Chomesoft balls at a incredible rate of knots, might have to give some other balls a trail to find something a bit more durable
        Yeah I crack them pretty regularly as well. I tend to mix in Supersofts ($20 a dozen) for tee shots and long irons, so as to not be spending alot on Chromesofts.

Chromesofts just feel so good, its hard not to use them all the time. But they do crack much faster than supersofts.

Comment

My best shot of the tournament. 6 iron from the deep rough.

Comment

Played my first round back and it didn't go as bad as I expected. If I didn't have a few mishaps on 16 it would have been high 80's.

Sadly, my computer crapped out on me after the round. A bit frustrating because I think it's the hard drive. This will be the third hard drive I've gone through in a year.

Comment

• Jtangm04
              Jtangm04 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's horrible luck

• rsuslow
              rsuslow commented
              Editing a comment
              I know, right? Fortunately I have protection on it. It's with the 'mechanic' now.

Very frustrating couple of rounds. First one I could only scrape together 1 or 2 decent swings in a row before a big mis hit, chipping well kept me alive. 2nd round I barely hit a bad shot (for me), which is great, but couldn't scare a birdie putt into the hole. Also, I swear I could have rewound 3-4 wild putts, mainly long, hopefully it was just me, because I don't want to be going through this all summer if it's a heat related issue.

Looking forward to moving into modern times with a new (to me) set of cobra irons this week! Time to retire my 1980 Hogans, you served me well, now hopefully time to get some forgiveness.

Comment

I had a decent tournament this week. On round 2 I had 2 short wedges that showed up as pop ups. 2 rewinds for those. The biggest bummer is that we are moving today to a new house and I will not have room for a simulator until I build a shop in the spring time. No practice rounds. I may hop over (4 miles away) and play a couple tournaments until our house closes but I do not know when that will be. Just when my game was improving and when winter hits I will be without my Protee. Bummer

Comment

Ninja what distance do you have your gimmie set at? Had you as a ghost in my first round. Seems like you are new to the tour

Comment

Yes new to this so still trying figure out the settings. thought it was set at 2 yds but will need to check that again.

Comment

• Sascha1818
                    Sascha1818 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    2 yards is correct. Just wanted to check. You had a really good round, was fun playing with your ghost. Welcome to the Tour.

2 yds is the rule. You have to be careful watching ghost rounds as the same glitch is present as is playing live rounds. Often, the ball travel distance is not accurate to what the player actually hit. It’s frustrating for sure, but very common. I could see this glich being amplified on this particular course with slopey greens.

We’ve asked about this issue before and apparently it’s a TGC console issue as well with no foreseeable resolution. Hopefully I’m wrong on this and a fix is in the works. In short, don’t hate the player, hate the game... ✌️

Comment

• mthunt
                    mthunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can tell what gimmies are set to in recorded shots. I'll take a look at some rounds soon.

Please be aware....I played last week with a buddy and we turned a 2 stoke gimme on...any ball on the green was automatically added two strokes so no putting. I went to play the tournament and it appears the settings stayed the same until I changed it on the regular play mode. The 6 foot rule did not override my local settings for some reason. 1st 4 holes played were in this mode.

Comment

• mthunt
                    mthunt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What is a local setting? In settings, gimme means 6 feet. No other gimmie setting is used when set to gimmie. On green means add shots. What is the local setting you refer to?

• BWJones
                    BWJones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To clarify, the settings in the normal “play” mode were set to gimme. It appears these settings carried over into the “tournament” mode when first setting up TGC to play.

Stupid question, do I need to reestablish my handicap? i just played both rounds and it showed me as a scratch golfer.
                  My Courses: all are LiDAR
                  Wilkshire LiDAR
                  Glenmoor
                  Brookside LiDAR
                  Shady Hollow CC​

Comment

Here are your stats and HC (9.9) records: http://golfsimulatortours.com/player...nited%20States

Comment

• Lefty71
                      Lefty71 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Man you guys are quick thank you!!!! I will probably buy the protee setup for my house I am building in the spring. You guys are on top of it!
                  Working...
                  X