Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2017/2018 Winter Tour - ATT Pebble Beach ProAm

TOUR CHALLENGE
    3 rounds at Pebble Beach Golf Links (SUN)

ATT Pebble Beach

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The ATT Pebble Beach ProAm runs from TODAY - February 11.

Purse: $15,000,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY-> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

For live play and tour talk visit ProTee TGC Discord:
    Check out the ProTee United community on Discord - hang out with 61 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD

GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

Tough course! Full disclosure, on round 2 #5 I had to take a few rewinds after getting stuck on the beach as my Skytrak would not read a flop shot that hard to get above the cliff. Ended up taking an 8 after using an unplayable that moved the ball back like 5 feet, and about 20 minutes of trying to get something over the edge that Skytrak would read. I really wish I could have taken an unplayable and re-teed to avoid that impossible situation. There should be a better control of OB / Hazards for going off the cliffs on courses like this as it made an otherwise fun round pretty frustrating. Something to review in TGC2.

At any rate, the tour is always a fun time and appreciate you guys putting these events on. Really having a blast playing all winter despite the occasional minor hiccup!

Comment

9/10 - this course is going in my favorites list.

I really liked this course, its a good challenge.

I have played other, shorter, versions of Pebble before. This one was tough. It was just about as long as I can handle.

Played the first round last night. I played one of the best rounds I have ever played. I just could not make a putt. The greens are tough, lots of slope. But the slope is not unrealistic. Its just always there on every green.

I am coming off of nearly 2 months of injury rest, so its good to get a tournament round in and not be in pain the next day.

Comment

• mthunt
          mthunt commented
          Editing a comment
          I think we used before Shark. It’s my favourite version as well

Is this 2 or 3 rounds?

Comment

Well this one is off to a wonderful start. Being a short hitter with the odd stray shot is not that great when you end up on the beach. Maybe after 3 rounds, things will look a little better !!!. Good thing I have a sim to keep practicing !!!

Comment

Ok, this was My First tour experience. Though course and I really got burned on round 3 after playing to good on the first two. I got cocky and thought i could go for the pin on too many holes. It resulted in lost shots on the front nine, trying to hard to take them back on back nine. But as a first time tour experience I'm glad to even finish 😊 Good Luck all! This course is great, i'll add it to favorites.

Comment

• sb944
              sb944 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hate to say it, but you really did blow it on round 3...I say just before my round 3 . I agree with getting cocky though. I realise my striking is very hot and cold, and when it's cold, I forget to flip the safety switch, and lose balls or miss on horrible side/etc.

BTW, how is the rmotion for accuracy?

• G4zzel
              G4zzel commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, I can relate to the safety switch. IRL you get to cool down during the walk to the ball but in the sim you try to "hit it even harder" when you miss the first shot

The accuracy is suprisingly good! I've got Game Golf Live IRL so i know my game very well. I play with a natural fade and the occasional slice IRL and the Rmotion gives me the exact same shots. The distances is in the range of 5% and I feel confident shooting accurate with half-swings or pitching etc.
              I think my 3rd round shows that whatever hardware you use you need to strike the ball well, with good consistency and tempo. Bad ballstriking with Rmotion will give you bad shots in TGC. The feedback you get from swing path, face angle etc is great for learning, I've certainly pin-pointed out why I often slice, and it's because I struggel with closing the face. I didn't know this before I got Rmotion, always thougt it was because the out-to-in swing path. The downside of Rmotion would be the occasional topped ball, that will read as a hit but to be fair playing on hitting mats topped shots should not be a problem. I've had friends over testing the Sim and we all shoot like our natural shot from IRL.

• sb944
              sb944 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks nice review

Playing a long course like this really adds motivation to me raising my garage ceiling or adding a room on top of it. My driver is just a bit too long without hitting my ceiling unless I flatten my swing out. Going off every tee with a 3 wood leaves long irons in most holes.. not good for scoring!

Disclosure: Round 1 Hole #4 I had to rewind shots.. my SkyTrak would not register flops off the beach. I ended up just hitting shots backward on the beach to give myself room to clear the hill.

Comment

Thats grounds for the selling the house! Golf Sim accommodation is a must!

Comment

Originally posted by frodaddy00 View Post
                Playing a long course like this really adds motivation to me raising my garage ceiling or adding a room on top of it. My driver is just a bit too long without hitting my ceiling unless I flatten my swing out. Going off every tee with a 3 wood leaves long irons in most holes.. not good for scoring!

Disclosure: Round 1 Hole #4 I had to rewind shots.. my SkyTrak would not register flops off the beach. I ended up just hitting shots backward on the beach to give myself room to clear the hill.
                I think, its a good idea to take unplayable, and hit 3rd shot from the tee!
                I hit the ceiling of my sim room with high flop shot, but couldn't make it to the green.
                it's an impossible shot!!
                especially with skytrak!

Comment

• bballer320xu
                  bballer320xu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agree with this Bob. I think the problem both frodaddy00 and I had was that once we tried the flop and realize it wouldn't register or work on the skytrak, we couldn't go back to the tee so an overly punishing situation was the result. I would much rather that the water come right up to the cliff so that at least we wouldn't have any other option than going back to the tee which would have likely led to a less punitive situation for us both. Live and learn I suppose.

Not gonna be finishing this one I don't think. Tried taking unplayable from the beach and it gave me an option of staying on beach or a few feet forward with 40 plus feet to get back uphill. Why no drop area up top?? Took me half a dozen shots to get back up. Then hit it again next hole and gave up lol

so bring your shorts and sunscreen if you find the sand. You're gonna be there a while
                Last edited by Jwheels9876; 02-07-2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

I had one rewind on 2nd day Pebble Beach. I was on the fringe with my putter but TGC was in chipping mode. Here's the video https://youtu.be/jdmVcTHpUww?t=56m2s.

Not that it matters much because my scores were horrible :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post
                    Not gonna be finishing this one I don't think. Tried taking unplayable from the beach and it gave me an option of staying on beach or a few feet forward with 40 plus feet to get back uphill. Why no drop area up top?? Took me half a dozen shots to get back up. Then hit it again next hole and gave up lol

so bring your shorts and sunscreen if you find the sand. You're gonna be there a while
                    Yeah, the 5th was the strangest hole for me. I aimed left edge, and with a draw (for a lefty), was hoping 4i might draw into the middle of the green. Great contact, but a little more draw than intended, right at the pin. Landed just before the green, kicked right, to settle on the right of the green, nope that's rolling all the way down to the beach. Heartbraking, thought I had a birdie chance before the kick. Now I'm looking at pure cliff, so take an unplayable. Not sure how to take it back to the tee, my only option was to go backwards, fortunately I had some beach to go back with, that gave me about 20y more to lift it. I don't try giving a wedge extra loft (flop), so had little idea of how to do it, but gave it a go, then another, then another, all no reads. I was hitting it well too, and just knew my first skull would read. But the next one was solid too, and it read OK, landed exactly where I wanted, 10y or so long, backspun about 20 feet! 16ft left nailed the big sloping putt (very rare on this course) for a hard earned bogey. Rest of the round was far less exciting, but was extremely happy with my ball striking, which I had for 9 holes on round 1, then completely lost for 27 holes, but regained again today. Really should have been much closer to par today, but just can't make those 8-15 footers on this course.

Comment

got stuck on beach as well and got a 10....uggg

Comment

Originally posted by Andyman33 View Post
                        got stuck on beach as well and got a 10....uggg
                        I got lucky, I quit yesterday on the beach when I couldn't get an unplayable lie somewhere other than the beach. Today I loaded it up and took an unplayable and it took me back into play thankfully. Not sure how that happened but the damage was already done anyway lol.. sandwiched a 95 in between a few sub 80 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                        X