X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at TPC Boston

Upon request we have started a trial of changing our tours to start on friday and let them end on monday ( a duration of 11 days per tour)
    Please note that this may not run smoothly at start, so please report any issues back so we can fix them!

The_RSM_Classic

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

The RSM Classic runs from TODAY - November 18.

Purse: $7,500,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY -> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

Join our Discord server to stay in touch with fellow players:
    Check out the The Golf Club - Simulators community on Discord - hang out with 2998 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

Good course, but too dark. I prefer sunny, bright courses on my sim.

I hit a few rewinds on 8 foot putts just trying to figure out why they wouldn’t read straight. I purposely didn’t improve my score, I just wanted to test some ideas. If you get my ghost you’ll notice I missed every single 8 foot putt (about 5 of them). I finally did make a ~12 foot putt on 18. Miracles do happen! I’ve seriously had more chip-ins than non-gimmee putts made this whole tour!

See this thread if you’re interested in my putting findings:
      https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...ting-alignment
      Last edited by Godfather; 11-13-2018, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Do you particularly want to use the horizontal read from the GC2 rather than the straight putting patch?

I have had exactly the same frustration with putting which is probably THE thing in Sim golf that I find the most difficult to replicate due to the feel (lack of) and it's importance in the game. I can live with the rough & sand limitations but dropping many shots due to poor putting when IRL I am a decent putter and save shots with putting rather than the opposite.

I gave up trying to use the horizontal read, set StraightPutting to ON in the config file and now use the cursor to control the aim. I still need to read the slope and aim the putt and the only feel I need to try and replicate is the pace of the putt. Funnily enough I still have the habit of hitting the ball to the left or right as if I were reading the slope, doesn't matter because the putt is hit straight and the aim I decided with the cursor takes care of that anyway, it just feels a little more real that way.

Still not ideal but IMO it never can be, it's better than having the GC2 pick up every little wobble from my mat (which is quite rough - good for irons & elbow protection). I also contemplated constructing some kind of mechanism that moves my GC2 around so I can hit and putt from 2 different surfaces but that is way too much hassle for my liking, I'll live with the straight putting feature and aiming with the cursor. Still miss far too many but it feels like it's less because of mis-reads and more me just struggling with the artificial nature of sim putting (which is fair enough - same for everybody).

Comment

Originally posted by Torellion View Post
          Do you particularly want to use the horizontal read from the GC2 rather than the straight putting patch?

I have had exactly the same frustration with putting which is probably THE thing in Sim golf that I find the most difficult to replicate due to the feel (lack of) and it's importance in the game. I can live with the rough & sand limitations but dropping many shots due to poor putting when IRL I am a decent putter and save shots with putting rather than the opposite.

I gave up trying to use the horizontal read, set StraightPutting to ON in the config file and now use the cursor to control the aim. I still need to read the slope and aim the putt and the only feel I need to try and replicate is the pace of the putt. Funnily enough I still have the habit of hitting the ball to the left or right as if I were reading the slope, doesn't matter because the putt is hit straight and the aim I decided with the cursor takes care of that anyway, it just feels a little more real that way.

Still not ideal but IMO it never can be, it's better than having the GC2 pick up every little wobble from my mat (which is quite rough - good for irons & elbow protection). I also contemplated constructing some kind of mechanism that moves my GC2 around so I can hit and putt from 2 different surfaces but that is way too much hassle for my liking, I'll live with the straight putting feature and aiming with the cursor. Still miss far too many but it feels like it's less because of mis-reads and more me just struggling with the artificial nature of sim putting (which is fair enough - same for everybody).
          Yes. I believe if I push or pull a putt, I should miss. As the linked thread shows, the left/right is always off so a perfect putt still reads incorrectly. It seems the different putting strip fixed it oddly.

Comment

Fair enough & that would be my ideal too, but the results in my case are so way off that I am settling for 2nd best. I don't often push or pull 7,8 & 9 foot putts but I do often get them in real life and that's not happening if I don't have the straight putting method on. As I still need to aim, I'll settle for it.

I know completely what you mean though & glad your putting strip has sorted you out. I may give that another go. Presumably you have to move your GC2 unit each time you want to putt though or do you just place it over the top of the mat you hit from without moving the GC2?

Comment

• Godfather
              Godfather commented
              Editing a comment
              I just put it over the top. I’ll mess around more each time I play to try and figure out a better solution. It may end up being cutting out a 1x2 foot strip and changing out hitting strips more regularly.

• Torellion
              Torellion commented
              Editing a comment
              I did try that but it didn't feel right for me as the hitting bit on my mat is quite fluffy (it's actually an old constructed thing made from wood wrapped in astro with a hitting section with longer 'grass' and sensor strips embedded in it - an old ProTee sensor mat).

I think the replaceable hitting section may be the way to go but you'd want it to be quite a solid thing in itself as you don't want it moving around when you hit the ball - less so I guess for the putting one.

I'd be interested to hear what you end up with when you have your final preferred solution (I think I'm going to be tinkering with my own set up for quite some time - probably will never stop but putting not my priority at the moment).

Just started doing the tours. Completed last weeks (OHL) and have a round in the books this week. Fun stuff. Any idea how to get a tour handicap? In the leader-board above, mine shows as TourHC - 0. I thought after last weeks tournament, I would have one, but maybe not...

Comment

• ProTee Max
              ProTee Max commented
              Editing a comment
              You need to play at least 5 rounds to get your official tour handicap.
              Handicaps are refreshed every Tuesday.

• PatPapania
              PatPapania commented
              Editing a comment
              Sounds good, thanks!

Originally posted by PatPapania View Post
            Just started doing the tours. Completed last weeks (OHL) and have a round in the books this week. Fun stuff. Any idea how to get a tour handicap? In the leader-board above, mine shows as TourHC - 0. I thought after last weeks tournament, I would have one, but maybe not...
            I played the Q school and my third tourney this weekend. I have my handicap this morning. It will show up im sure.

Comment

What random 1st round. 11 over through 5 and 15 over total.

Comment

Originally posted by JB3 View Post

I played the Q school and my third tourney this weekend. I have my handicap this morning. It will show up im sure.
                Perfect. I've played 2 tournaments (4 rounds) so far. So, it should be there soon.

Comment

Absolute choke job to finish this tournament...double from greenside in 2 on the 15th, pull hook to find the water on 16 (made a long putt to save my bogey) and a shank for my 2nd on the last hole lol. Pretty cool that you can "feel" it coming down the strech playing this online tour

Comment

• Timdm3
                    Timdm3 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My heart felt like it was about to beat through my chest on every shot trying to keep up with you. Saw that double and wondered what happened.

• R3dlineR6
                    R3dlineR6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well played Tim...hopefully your score holds up

Originally posted by R3dlineR6 View Post
                  Absolute choke job to finish this tournament...double from greenside in 2 on the 15th, pull hook to find the water on 16 (made a long putt to save my bogey) and a shank for my 2nd on the last hole lol. Pretty cool that you can "feel" it coming down the strech playing this online tour
                  Nice job man. I thought for sure I was playing for top five mid way through my round seeing what you had going. Thought I was completely out of it. Somehow I birdied the last three and we are tied. Is there a playoff or something if we end up at the top?

haha, didn’t see we have a leader at -11 till now. Impressive

Comment

• R3dlineR6
                    R3dlineR6 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No playoff...players tie would all "win"...wish I finished like you well done haha

Nice work guys. The ghost balls are good for adding some pressure! Hope my early scores puts you guys off your game 😂😂😂😂

Comment

FYI i took my first ever rewind on tour.
                    In the first round i had a ball crack and split so the shot went way right and short.
                    Great course. I got hot with the putter in the second round :-)

Comment

Man, my game is going in to Winter mode even though I'm getting swings in with the Skytrak. Can not put both rounds together. Absolutely blow up in one, play normal in the other but it is no good for earnings or tour points. Just go through periods of struggling to make good contact.

Comment

Working...
                      X