This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: Rewinds on Tour

We implemented a new feature in TGC2019 to completely disable rewinds during tournaments.
    Rewinds are sometimes needed to rehit a legit bad reading caused by simulator hardware glitches.

Let us know if you want to play with or without.
    YES PLEASE, I would like to play tournaments with rewinds disabled.
    73.58%
    NO WAY, My hardware will sometimes require me to take a rewind on a bad reading.
    14.15%
    I DUNNO, I really don't care much.
    12.26%

I voted to keep rewinds. My thought is, there are LM's that need them.

I have a GC2 now, I do not need them. I HAD a Skytrak, needed them. With my old unit I've hit full swing drives that didn't go past the Tee box and puts that carried 150 yards.

Why compromise these people ?

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a skytrak for a year and never saw any shots like that. Tons and tons of no reads but never anything crazy like that.

• Genghis
      Genghis commented
      Editing a comment
      My ST biases to the right on some shots even if I hit center screen. Alignment issues? Maybe, but I do that IRL on the course. In the end, I just take the questionable shot and move on. At the end of the round, Amanda Balionis isn't asking me about what happened with that shot...

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      For the no reads. Record your round and then watch the connection symbol in the bottom right of the screen. Usually when I have a no read (GSA) that symbol is flashing. Do what you can to improve your connection. Maybe that will help.

I vote for No rewinds. I have GC2 and still get an occasional ridiculous reading but I'd rather there be no option there for the people who just take rewinds because they miss a putt or hit a bad shot and want a second go at it.

Comment

If you had asked me this last year I would have said rewinds are necessary, I could not play a single round without constant dodgy reads and I don't mean shots I think I hit this far etc. they were 100% misreads. My 533 yard drive springs to mind straight away, I know for a fact I max out at 450-480
      However since my skytrak has been in for repair it's miles better and I get maybe 1 or two head scratchers per round, unless I am 100% sure it's a misread I will just suck it up. So I say lets give no rewinds a trial and see how it works out.

Comment

I vote no rewinds....I have a Protee system and I probably will have 1 or 2 legit misreads a round...but I am ok with just "living with it" if it means harmony and "no drama" on the tour. Besides, it gives me incentive to try and improve my system to it's fullest potential.

Comment

Also vote no rewinds.

Comment

I voted no rewinds. I play with Skytrak and avg about one misread a round. It is always a high lofted wedge. I can deal with it.

Comment

I'm fine getting rid of rewinds and just yell at my skytrack more often on my flop/pitch shots.
              My courses:
              Aldeen
              Butler National
              Cantigny
              Canyata
              Cog Hill #4
              Harbor Shores
              Harborside
              Naperville Country Club
              Prairie Landing
              Rich Harvest Farms
              Ruffled Feathers
              Shoreacres

Comment

I voted no rewinds as well. While I do have a GC2 now, I had a skytrak for the first year or two I played on the tour. I had the odd misread but never rewound because, in my mind, the handicap system should ultimately even out those stray shots.

Comment

I took 1 rewind during last year tour playing with skytrak...
                  I thought I hit ok driver, but it went 50yard left of the target...Thought, there's no way I hit that and rewinded....
                  week later, playing IRL golf, I thought I hit ok driver,
                  the ball went 60 yards left of the target...
                  since than, never use rewind....
                  Last edited by bob chung; 01-09-2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• gnomike
                    gnomike commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly! Nice comment, Bob.

I vote no rewinds. "Rub of the green"!

Comment

No rewinds for sure. Regardless of your hardware you are going to get oddball readings from time to time. It all evens out in the end and will help legitimize the tour some. Still think further measures will be needed, to fully do so however, but a good start nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeingp View Post
                      I voted no rewinds as well. While I do have a GC2 now, I had a skytrak for the first year or two I played on the tour. I had the odd misread but never rewound because, in my mind, the handicap system should ultimately even out those stray shots.
                      Really good point there about the handicap system evening the playing field for those who typically see 1 or 2 errors per round. Well done.

Comment

I'm fine with eliminating rewinds. I do feel my SkyTrak gives me at least 1 or 2 bad readings per tournament but its just easier to do away with them.

Comment

First, just for information, I have a skytrak. I don't want is to have rewinds but if I am honest I think I average about one or two rewinds per tournament. My biggest faults are a big push shot that happens either on a drive (most often) and big pushes on mid-length pitches. I know these are not the shot shape or type that I hit and the rewind is justified, I normally send a PM to mthunt to let him know. These shots put me in a bad position when they happen. That being said, I have definitely been tempted to take a rewind on a borderline shot...that temptation would go away if they were outlawed so maybe that would be worth it. I don't think we should have two tours. I will go with whatever our tour leadership decides. Thanks

Comment

Since most people have Skytraks, pretty well everyone is affected the same when rewinds are removed which keeps the playing field level anyway.

I guess gc2 users sneak ahead a little bit in a non handicap tour but otherwise the handicap system brings even them back in line.

I used to think gsa/protee users were the ones disadvantaged but from reports in this thread their misread rate doesn't seem any worse than Skytrak.

Comment

Working...
                            X