Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Wes B45 (NET) and @Chris Knoop (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Genesis Open with 2 rounds at Riviera Country Club White Tees : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...r-genesis-open
See more
See less

TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Genesis Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TGC 2018/2019 WINTER TOUR - Genesis Open

TOUR CHALLENGE
    2 rounds at Riviera Country Club White Tees
    Genesis_Open

RULES
    Gimme : within 2 yards / 1.8 meters
    Handicap : Not required
    Wind: OFF
    Green Grid : ON
    Club Suggestion is ENABLED.
    Boost: OFF (+/-5% max on club settings)

Genesis Open runs from TODAY - Februari 17.

Purse: $9,000,000

HOW TO PLAY
    From the main menu select PLAY -> PLAY TOURNAMENT -> ALL TOURNAMENTS -> SET FILTER TO PUBLIC COMPETITIONS

You can play by yourself, offline with friends or ghost players or online.

Please turn on Shot Recording! Instructions on how to setup Shot Recording:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...shot-recording

Tournament Rules:
    https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...650-tour-rules

Join our Discord server to stay in touch with fellow players:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/PakHbUA

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

NET LEADERBOARD
    GROSS LEADERBOARD

Comment

Played a practice round here last night and it is super tight. Trees over hanging fairways, almost seemed like every hole you have drive the ball down a tunnel dead straight no room to work the ball at all. At one point I was 120 yards to the green in the fairway hit a nice straight pw and still managed to hit trees falling short of green by 40 yards. This course also does not run well on full graphics fps drops considerable with trees maxed out. Not a fan of this course but I will still grind the 3 rounds out.

Comment

I finished q school last wk so waiting for my h/c now which I think is Tuesday shall I wait till then to try and squeeze my rounds in or will my net score adjust when my h/c is confirmed thanks

Comment

No problem: you can play rounds now.
          Your handicap will be calculated on Tuesday and your net score will be automatically updated on the leaderboard.

Comment

• Rovers1883
            Rovers1883 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Trickle007 View Post
            Played a practice round here last night and it is super tight. Trees over hanging fairways, almost seemed like every hole you have drive the ball down a tunnel dead straight no room to work the ball at all. At one point I was 120 yards to the green in the fairway hit a nice straight pw and still managed to hit trees falling short of green by 40 yards. This course also does not run well on full graphics fps drops considerable with trees maxed out. Not a fan of this course but I will still grind the 3 rounds out.
            I always hesitate to use this course. It’s designed by a guy named Boom Boom. He makes dead accurate courses but blows it with the trees. He has said the trees are in the right place but the branches are wrong. Plain and simple, the trees are too many and too close. He also did the Glenn Abby and basically every course with trees crowding play.

Don’t worry boys. 2019 will have better courses.

Comment

Yeah, that course was a joke. Only thing missing is a clowns mouth and an angry pirate by the clubhouse.

Comment

the hardest course I have ever played in my life!

Comment

Way too difficult course! Fairways are 5-yard wide...
                  Sometime, you need to hit a draw that finishes in a fade (or the opposite) if you want to avoid trees on your way and land in the fairway.

Comment

• Trickle007
                    Trickle007 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ya just not fun or realistic nowhere in real life will you find trees over hanging fairways as drastically as this course. Dont get me wrong it looks great but imo almost unplayable.

I’ve never played Riviera but I can’t imagine the tree setup is like that. Not enjoyable at all.

Comment

Yeah, very frustrating. I was hitting some of the best shaped drives I’ve ever had to hit and they were still ending up under trees 70 yards out. 9 holes in I wasn’t having fun and was doing everything I could
                    to rush through and get it over with. The least fun I’ve had on my sim since I’ve had it. Congrats to anyone who pulled off a good round. I vote allow rewinds for this one haha 😂

Comment

I’ve played both my rounds this weekend and the 1st round score shows but not the 2nd. I’m also a little confused as it put me back on the 1st tee after completion of the 2nd round to start a 3rd round. I thought it was only a 2 round tournament since it isn’t a major and there is no 3rd round column on the scoreboard.

The score in game was correct as it showed the total score for both rounds during play of the 2nd round.

Comment

• colinjm18
                        colinjm18 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Went on tgc tonight and I had resume round so when I clicked it I was back on the 18th tee. I finished the hole and now my 2nd round shows up. Not sure why it didn’t register the completed round from Sunday when I finished.

Definitely a difficult course with all the trees. It is a very good looking course though. I couldn't figure out the greens. Lots of slope around the hole.

Comment

I guess it's a good course to work on your low punch shots, haha, lots of opportunity for those.

Comment

Working...
                        X