5% Boost Protee Rules

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JB3
    Senior Member
    • May 2018
    • 109

    #46
    this post is a mistake

    Comment

    • JB3
      Senior Member
      • May 2018
      • 109

      #47
      Originally posted by nickm52 View Post
      I'm in the no boost camp. I have had a skytrak before I bought my GC2. I know the differences between the systems and while their is a slight deviation in numbers it really has had no effect on my scoring. My concern with the philosophy allowing boost is that in golf no swing is perfectly consistent and we have to adjust our game to our swing and playing conditions. Even in a real life tournament we have all seen where groups with different starting times get more favorable conditions. You just have to play the ball as it lies. Also most of the courses are not over 6,800 that we play on the tour.

      In my opinion, the bigger issue in fairness is that shots outside of the fairway are not penalized enough. Watching some of the ghosts and seeing people taking lines that no one would take in real life cheapen the experience.

      Nonetheless, I still find the sim a great way to keep my swing in the off season while having some fun competition.
      But to be fair golf is played a million different ways and where something like this may not hurt ones score it can devastate anothers game.

      Comment

      • Iquinn4
        Member
        • Oct 2019
        • 98

        #48
        I understand the fact that people want to play their IRL distances so they can perfect their outdoor game. Maybe I miscalculated the competitive nature of societies. If they aren’t competitive and are about practicing your game for the outdoor I have no problem with boost to make a playing field that isn’t equal for all. With world ranking points and leaderboards I suppose I assumed it was a bit more competitive of a platform than it has turned out to be.

        Comment

        • MatalaWedge
          Advanced Member
          • Nov 2014
          • 338

          #49
          Well. I vote no boost.

          But at the same time I know I'm giving up 10-15 yds with the driver compared to real life and also compared to other players on the tour who are on different systems, as the skytrak has been demonstrated to be on the low side in that department.

          This in a tough question.

          It would work fine if not for the fact that people can then hit a 3 iron 10yds further by simply having the system think they are hitting a driver... I feel this is a bigger problem than the driver distances.

          Comment


          • Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            no, you're giving up 30 yards because people with systems that don't need boost are also using it for no reason. everyone should just use it at this point but there are other cheats you can use when it is enabled.
        • Mickey
          Advanced Member
          • Nov 2015
          • 307

          #50
          Back to my sim after the summer - I don't think I have boost on but I'd like to check. After going into settings I see skytrack boost, but no reference to gc2 boost. Didn't expect one for obvious reasons. Is there another place to check for boost?

          Comment

          • Marc Andre
            Junior Member
            • Feb 2019
            • 19

            #51
            I use 5% boost driver and woods....because you can. I dont know if it would make a difference hiting a 45yds shot vs a 65yds shot into a green regarding scoring...

            No boost would be ok too...

            Comment


            • Marc Andre
              Marc Andre commented
              Editing a comment
              Only driver, not woods. 3 wood was too long...dont need boost
          • triplebogeysrbetter
            Advanced Member
            • Mar 2018
            • 495

            #52
            Even in the life after discord you can’t escape the boost question.

            boost is my hell.

            Comment

            • Iquinn4
              Member
              • Oct 2019
              • 98

              #53
              Originally posted by triplebogeysrbetter View Post
              Even in the life after discord you can’t escape the boost question.

              boost is my hell.
              It has not been discussed on discord since this post went up. We have sworn off boost discussion on discord.

              Comment

            • Iquinn4
              Member
              • Oct 2019
              • 98

              #54
              bob chung boost test. Definitely makes a difference. 17+ yard difference in carry with 5% boost. 17 yards is not insignificant. It’s the difference between 2 irons.

              Comment

              • Iquinn4
                Member
                • Oct 2019
                • 98

                #55

                Comment

                • bob chung
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2017
                  • 221

                  #56
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191121-191050.png
Views:	633
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	227721 Here is my 5% boost test vs zero boost..
                  I started with 5% boost and used zero boost at the end of session.

                  Comment

                  • Jwheels9876
                    Champion Member
                    • Jul 2016
                    • 1286

                    #57
                    Well I'm sold. I'll be boosting when I come back
                    thanks Bob!!

                    Comment

                    • NetcheK
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2018
                      • 112

                      #58
                      After reading this thread, I decided to try the 5% boost (never tried before).

                      I'm not very long (140 mph max ball speed with the driver, meaning 220-240y carry range, meaning 235-260 total distance on mthunt dead flat range depending on launch angle and spin).
                      I can say boost effect is significant: around +15y on my best shots (240y-carry => 255y) but +20y on average shots (which statistically happen most often ;-))

                      Comment

                      • Iquinn4
                        Member
                        • Oct 2019
                        • 98

                        #59
                        Originally posted by NetcheK View Post
                        After reading this thread, I decided to try the 5% boost (never tried before).

                        I'm not very long (140 mph max ball speed with the driver, meaning 220-240y carry range, meaning 235-260 total distance on mthunt dead flat range depending on launch angle and spin).
                        I can say boost effect is significant: around +15y on my best shots (240y-carry => 255y) but +20y on average shots (which statistically happen most often ;-))
                        Once you’ve gone boost you never go back.

                        Comment

                        • NetcheK
                          Senior Member
                          • Sep 2018
                          • 112

                          #60
                          Not sure I will keep it.
                          I like the idea of having my real life distances in the game.
                          I prefer societies keep “playable” courses in the 6200-6800y range (max 7000y for majors but 7500y is insane) with no e-amphetamines!

                          Comment

                          Working...